Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Delterius

Arcane
So Hedwirg the premade guy has a 32 point buy.

And I was like I'll just retrain him to have better stats than regongar on my PC.

That's when the in-game retrain option shat its pants, gave me 25 points to spend but didn't retract Hedwirg's character sheet.

To make matters even more ridiculous, STR and DEX can go past 20 points because Hedwirg has a minimal STR of 15 for whatever reason.

Now I can't do this thing because its just too retarded tbh.

Anyways, who wants to do 57 point buy magic child?

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I finished it on Challenging, making me better than 99.1% of retards
So in other words, you're in the top 0.9% of retards.

And you way below... ;)
Oh shit, you really got me:
trap-ultimate-destroyer-trap-card-no-u-the-end-all-32467872.png

Codex Year of the Donut
Oh really? Try PotD Gorecci Street + Digsite without some serious tactics/optimization. Infinite butthurt from 2 starter areas...
>implying I'd ever replay Trashfire
It's a moot point anyway, Kingmaker difficulties are more difficult than their Trashfire or PoE equivalents.
deadfire had better encounters due to having more experienced designers
can't really think of any challenging kingmaker encounters where I was required to do things like chokepointing etc.,

other than deadfire being one of the best looking isometric games that's pretty much the only positive aspect of it

Delterius

Arcane

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
are we coming full circle

is it time at last to redeem dwdfyra
nowhere near enough to make up for the rest of the game(boring bland classes/abilities, uninteresting plot, gay native fish people, etc.,)

Classes/abilities were anything but bland, just overbalanced to the point of absurdity. Hap will now point out the 3 or 4 exceptions but most effects could have stood to be multiplied by two or three.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So you think PoE is a great game?
No one's ever been butthurt about PoE's difficulty.

Oh really? Try PotD Gorecci Street + Digsite without some serious tactics/optimization. Infinite butthurt from 2 starter areas...

Lol and nothing else.

Hardest part of game at release was making it through interminably boring intro.

Depends. If you progress from easiest to more difficult areas gradually, step by step and "optimize" your travel, then most of the vanilla game is easy, yes. But you can also explore some more difficult places right off the bat and then there's plenty of challenge to find.

Even if you just follow the route to Neketaka, you can explore the Oathbinder's Sanctum on the way, and the encounter down there is decently challenging (if not on Gorecci/Digsite level).
Also when you arrive in Neketaka, if you explore the whole island, they xaurips there should be plenty challenging.

If you visit Sayuka early and trigger the druid attack (triggered by entering the workshop), it should be quite the fight as well.

Not to mention visiting places like Splintered Reef and Drowned Barrows early.

Then there are the DLCs: particularly SSS and Forgotten Sanctum offer plenty of challenge.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

nowhere near enough to make up for the rest of the game(boring bland classes/abilities, uninteresting plot, gay native fish people, etc.,)

Classes/abilities were anything but bland, just overbalanced to the point of absurdity. Hap will now point out the 3 or 4 exceptions but most effects could have stood to be multiplied by two or three.

Again, its just a meme.
Sure, a lot of the old items and a few skills were ridiculously overbalanced, but there is a lot of stuff that is on a gamechanging or even broken level left.
Thing is, whole (sub)classes are broken.

Bloodmages - Infinite spells, nearly best defenses in game due to buffs, healing is not a problem - in most fights a simple level 2 spell is all you need
Streetfighters - you can metagame to keep up their first special semi-permanently and then they are simply damage gods
Tricksters - very high damage output that all rogues push AND great defenses and CC
Monks - just very good all around, with different specializations; SC monks become gods when they get Whispers of the Wind and Resonant Touch
Priests - decently strong on their own, but more importantly are great force multipliers and enable some sick combos with Salvation of Time and sometimes also Barring the Death's Door

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Individual abilities and certain items are extremely strong also.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
There's plenty of valid criticism against Kingmaker. Kingdom management, trash mobs sure, encounter and dungeon design could have been better, no doubt about it.
But overall as a package, it's fucking incredible and it vastly outshines its rough edges. Pure combatfag heaven.
So I always just assume people who don't like it are either storyfags or they got filtered by the difficulty.
Cause whatever complaints you do have, I don't think it trumps the character building, combat and the fact that it doesn't give a single fuck to hold your hand in any way.

Desiderius

Patron
There's plenty of valid criticism against Kingmaker. Kingdom management, trash mobs sure, encounter and dungeon design could have been better, no doubt about it.
But overall as a package, it's fucking incredible and it vastly outshines its rough edges. Pure combatfag heaven.
So I always just assume people who don't like it are either storyfags or they got filtered by the difficulty.
Cause whatever complaints you do have, I don't think it trumps the character building, combat and the fact that it doesn't give a single fuck to hold your hand in any way.

Judging from the RT vs TB debate it looks like a shockingly high percentage of people don’t know how to play RTwP as designed (configuring autopause and/or the v button slow time advance). It’s supposed to be akin to TB with simultaneous turns to enhance realism but something gets lost in translation. Add to that the PnPers and MMO tank, spank, and healer tards getting rightfully pwned and it’s a wonder it’s as popular as it is.

But it is, and Wrath is looking spectacular.

Riel

Arcane

Judging from the RT vs TB debate it looks like a shockingly high percentage of people don’t know how to play RTwP as designed (configuring autopause and/or the v button slow time advance). It’s supposed to be akin to TB with simultaneous turns to enhance realism but something gets lost in translation. Add to that the PnPers and MMO tank, spank, and healer tards getting rightfully pwned and it’s a wonder it’s as popular as it is.

But it is, and Wrath is looking spectacular.

It's not that I don't know how to use auto pause, it's that I find it tedious and chaotic. At least with turn based I can properly plan in an organized manner I can foretell.

Desiderius

Patron

Again, its just a meme.
Sure, a lot of the old items and a few skills were ridiculously overbalanced, but there is a lot of stuff that is on a gamechanging or even broken level left.
Thing is, whole (sub)classes are broken.

Bloodmages - Infinite spells, nearly best defenses in game due to buffs, healing is not a problem - in most fights a simple level 2 spell is all you need
Streetfighters - you can metagame to keep up their first special semi-permanently and then they are simply damage gods
Tricksters - very high damage output that all rogues push AND great defenses and CC
Monks - just very good all around, with different specializations; SC monks become gods when they get Whispers of the Wind and Resonant Touch
Priests - decently strong on their own, but more importantly are great force multipliers and enable some sick combos with Salvation of Time and sometimes also Barring the Death's Door

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Individual abilities and certain items are extremely strong also.

Right, which makes the ridiculous over balancing of everything else stick out even more. If they toned down some of those and toned up everything else (including consistent difficulty) you’d have a better game. Easy optima is bad design.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
The Ninagauth's Shadowflame spell is something else. Fun for the first few casts, then you realize it's so ridiculously OP that it sucks the fun out of the game. There's no reason to use any other spells.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Now we see the reason the Ukrainian paladin is hurting about Pathfinder: Kingmaker so much. He just prefers Action RPG's.

It's OK, I like them, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom