Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I can spoil you the quest, but it is all written in-game.
What? I know the quest and I Tig just dies over and over. I can't save him?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Get Blind Fight.
I dislike this advice. It works, but feats are more scarce than spell slots and consumables. It shouldn't be the first go-to.

Well, it's useful in fights against concealed enemies. Plus it blocks gaze attacks - also medusas petrifying instakill gaze beside the obnoxious wild hunt Paralyze spam. And it cannot be dispelled.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I can spoil you the quest, but it is all written in-game.
What? I know the quest and I Tig just dies over and over. I can't save him?

Game’s a lot easier if you keep your skills up. I know nerd commando and those guys like to ignore them but they’re really important. Pretty sure you can just cast Faerie Fire too or whatever.

Last couple times I’ve been going back to get the Bard guy first so the King comes in.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
smaug
You need to either choose ALL good options in all the dialogues in the lizard village - or to choose ALL evil options, including sacrificing Kagar. In the former case Count Shimmerglow starves and weakens and cannot kill Tig; in the latter case the count is oversatisified and just lets him go.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Okay, I picked the good option and saved Kagar and Tig just lived this time for some reason idk.

Desiderius

Patron
I've done it choosing the "Evil" option of honoring one's ancestors to the farmers.

There are several ways to do it.

Guess it never occurred to me to sacrifice Kagar in the first place. Why would you do that? If you go get him then refuse to sacrifice he kills the king or something then tig doesn't get hit.

Trashos

Arcane
I dislike this advice. It works, but feats are more scarce than spell slots and consumables. It shouldn't be the first go-to.

I think you should bite the bullet and get blind fight on everyone (I haven't worked out whether Jaethal actually needs it as undead). By the time you get to Ch3, you start needing it more and more. In the late game, gaze attacks are bread and butter for your enemies. I have a rule that I have to take it for everyone at lvls 9-13. Improved blind fight is not required.

Can't find Emerald Necklace tho..
Where do I find one?

You can find an emerald necklace in Ch4, during the Amiri/barbarian part, in Flintlock grasslands. I just did this part yesterday.

Desiderius

Patron
Defaced Sisters have stat drain gaze that not sure can be prevented without Blindfight. Tremorsense on Kin also prevents gaze but Echolocation doesn't.

bec de corbin

Educated
Owlcat really abuses gaze attacks, especially in the House, and they house ruled blindfight to block it, so I always get it on everyone just because it's way less annoying than actually trying to deal with all the debuffs and shit

Desiderius

Patron
I get confused because it doesn't work on Soul Eaters.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, it's useful in fights against concealed enemies. Plus it blocks gaze attacks - also medusas petrifying instakill gaze beside the obnoxious wild hunt Paralyze spam. And it cannot be dispelled.
Dispel isn't really an issue in Kingmaker, though hopefully that'll change for Wrath. And people don't seem to be having problems with those other things. It's always the Wild Hunt that filters them, and Blindfight offered as a solution. Freedom of Movement is far more convenient for someone who's reached that part of the game after getting past all other gaze attacks.

Blind Fight is like the second best feat for melee chars after Shatter Defences.
It is not even advice IMO, I'd call it a silent "WTF are you doing with your build?" scream.
I, on the other hand, consider it a nice-to-have if you can spare the feat, but far from essential.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't even remember what boss you're talking about, so I can't have found it that difficult. I can only assume you're doing something wrong, and given you missed Freedom of Movement that thing is probably not using the proper spells, be they buffs or CC. Or perhaps you've build your tank wrong and it's not nearly as tanky as it should be at this level. Difficult to tell without more information. As some sort of generic advice, I'd say you should look at every spell your party can cast and, read its full description, and consider whether it'll be useful.

The gates that lead to the Pitax "dungeon". The second wave that comes out, some guy came out and wtf-pwned my warriors and most of the surviving allied npcs. I admit that I'm not some min-maxing d&d pro gamer, but compared to lower levels when every fights felt challenging but fair, now it's countless minions until you get to the big baddie that hits like a truck - or easy enemies but they got that one annoying skill that forces you to cheese or rely on one spell. I also felt the same in the BG games, when you reach god level tier the game starts to lose me.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Is any of the DLC worth getting?
I thinking about the Tiefling Girl DLC because i dig Tiefling (maybe even reset my save just to play as one) and it's pretty cheap but the rest looks pretty meh.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dispel isn't really an issue in Kingmaker, though hopefully that'll change for Wrath. And people don't seem to be having problems with those other things. It's always the Wild Hunt that filters them, and Blindfight offered as a solution. Freedom of Movement is far more convenient for someone who's reached that part of the game after getting past all other gaze attacks.

Well, untill you try to melee Ghastly Guardians. A Wild Hunt Monarch can also dispel you if you're unlucky. Adding that it eventually runs out, costs a slot for each character - and you want it on everyone, a permanent source is handy (items with Freedom are nice).

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is any of the DLC worth getting?
I thinking about the Tiefling Girl DLC because i dig Tiefling (maybe even reset my save just to play as one) and it's pretty cheap but the rest looks pretty meh.
All of them are worth it as far as the fun factor goes. The Thiefling can be a pretty good Treasurer too - you get a few unique options in Kingdom management with her around. It also pushes the gnome to Minister which is extra spicy imo.
Won't spoil class stuff because I'll let you discover those.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't even remember what boss you're talking about, so I can't have found it that difficult. I can only assume you're doing something wrong, and given you missed Freedom of Movement that thing is probably not using the proper spells, be they buffs or CC. Or perhaps you've build your tank wrong and it's not nearly as tanky as it should be at this level. Difficult to tell without more information. As some sort of generic advice, I'd say you should look at every spell your party can cast and, read its full description, and consider whether it'll be useful.

The gates that lead to the Pitax "dungeon". The second wave that comes out, some guy came out and wtf-pwned my warriors and most of the surviving allied npcs. I admit that I'm not some min-maxing d&d pro gamer, but compared to lower levels when every fights felt challenging but fair, now it's countless minions until you get to the big baddie that hits like a truck - or easy enemies but they got that one annoying skill that forces you to cheese or rely on one spell. I also felt the same in the BG games, when you reach god level tier the game starts to lose me.

We’re not power gamers either but a lot of us restarted so many times before we got to Pitax that we felt like pros before we got there.

What is the one annoying skill? Are you talking about the rat room?

Desiderius

Patron
Wildcards has a lot of subtle quality of life improvements that make the game far less aggravating, especially if you’re planning on just one playthrough.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Just got Wildcards. Think gonna hold buying the rest..

especially if you’re planning on just one playthrough.

I'm planning in make a Tiefling character after..But i still early on my first one lol. Hopefully Tieflings are avaiable from the start next game.

Btw Smiloodon or Leopard ? Both seems pretty nuts for a ranger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom