Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    Cleric of Asmodeus, do you still have your savegame testing setup? It would be interesting to know if loot sold to Enneo (the traveling merchant who is involved in Jaethal's quest) burdens the savegames AFTER he leaves the capital.

If his inventory is deleted when he leaves, then selling loot to Enneo might be a thing: player gets the money from the loot, and still that loot won't burden the savegames later.

^ Top  
  2. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    Not sure I have a save game close to that; mine are generally around stuff like stag lord fort, trobolds, vtomb, etc. Interesting theory, though.

I speculate that items on vendors don’t take as much space as those on bodies. I would have to do some reverse engineering but I would guess that the data storing an item on a vendor just increments a count=x field each time you sell them another masterwork item. Otherwise things like diamond dust and camping supplies would generate a crapload of data.

For corpses, however, people have suggested there is an independent Json element for each and each unique item. I haven’t confirmed this myself but the cleaner mod’s implementation suggests this is how it works, too.

^ Top  
  3. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    SMILEDON POGCHAMP

Show Spoiler
    Fought the black dragon near Pitax and I polymorphed my smiledon into a black dragon, guy killed my whole party and my smiledon solo'd him to death LOL

Probably my favorite fight in the game so far.
    :shredder:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    No, it should not. It is one of the save game optimizations that I have read somewhere. However, I have not tested it by parsing the saves.

Also, I know that using Bartholomew in the throne room to sell junk is absolute no-no.

^ Top  
  5. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    It looks like it for some items (dust, scrolls etc), but I am not sure whether weapons stack like that. Eg, selling 2 daggers to a merchant leads to the daggers appearing one under the other in his in-game inventory IIRC. I will have to recheck.

Right, I sell my loot in the tavern. But I am going to try selling to Enneo from now on, for the limited time that he is available of course.

^ Top  
  6. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Not sure what to play for my next playthrough [​IMG]
    • Righteous paladin with zero tolerance for lawlessness and evil (and women :cool:).
    • Nature loving druid with perfect Sawyerism for balance, and yeah, his friendly pet cat Frank.
    • Fun-loving charismatic rogue but with a bit of a greedy touch, as in: show me the [​IMG] ! (and power).
    • Chaotic evil sorcerer with no friends, or purpose beyond being an asshole to everyone and everything. Might die in chapter 1.

• Deus Vult Deus Vult x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Catacombs Cipher Patron

Catacombs
    Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
    Let's decide:

Choosing from a list

From the options:

• paladin
    • druid
    • rogue
    • sorcerer

Random selection is: druid

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm playing that Speaker Shaman too. I took Life Mystery for the Channeling. If you take Channel Smite then there's a Feat that lets you take WIS to AB. Maybe not worth it but fun. If you enjoy the Hex action economy you can take Chant (Move action that extends all current hexes one round) but Witch is probably better for that since you get access to Major and Grand Hexes. Shaman has a lot more utility Hexes so you can use your action economy attacking most of the time.

You'll see that dichotomy more clearly in Wrath where the Shaman gets Sword Saint style weapon enchants while the Witch has a curse that makes her bad at attacking.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    I went with Lore spirit, so I ended up with the feature that gives me some wizard spells, too. So with that, the cleric spells as a favored class bonus, the shaman list, and the hexes, I have a spells falling out of my ass! Not sure how effective it is, but kind of interesting to have one condensed character that can do all of the shield of faith, barkskin, hasting etc.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    I like Mental Acuity (the Revelation that gives free INT), but yeah this time that felt like too many directions. You get Medium Armor + 3/4 BAB so felt like mise we’ll go Shelyn and Glaive it up. Guess you could just cast all the buffs (although Speaker is the one without the Familiar so doesn’t get Share Spells) then just Hex in combat, but then you’re wasting Divine Power + Luck trait.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    ^ Top  
  11. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    I was doing the mysterious shrine puzzle and I couldn't find it, so I looked it up but I can't pass the perception check to reveal it on the map.

Am I screwed, is there no way to pass the check once you've failed?

^ Top  
  12. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    Got to level perception up and try again.

Show Spoiler
    Also savescum that shit. :dealwithit:

^ Top  
  13. Gargaune Scholar

Gargaune
    I forget now, but didn't upping Perception via stat/skill-boosting gear also count for a fresh roll?

• No No x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    If your Perception is that low you're missing a lot of shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    I think that the "Scout XXX region" card in kingdom management reveals the locations you didn't reveal yourself.

• Yes Yes x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Dishonoredbr Savant

Dishonoredbr
    This game is like crack,staying up until 2am just to play more. 100+ hours and just finished the barbarian (became queen tiefling) questline and just now i learn how to use kineticist, after 100+ hours , perhaps i've 7 INT :happytrollboy:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Played a druid in a new Varnhold run, saving the Paladin for the main campaign. Anyway, was a really fun class. Never played a druid before - in any DnD game. Starts rather weak I think, but got really fun a couple of levels in. Versatile class. Just wondering one thing. I maxed out dex on her because of ranged attacks, but I noticed that a lot of the animal transformations gets bonus from strength. And then we have long-bows that gets more damage from str... so is it a better idea to balance those things out, or just go full in either? Str or dex? And if you run a full str druid, I assume you can become a pretty formidable fighter on its own with some cool weapons and armor?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    If you're playing a druid get a bear companion, you will be rewarded for it in Chapter 5.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Technomancer Learned

Technomancer
    You can just transform into one and still reap all the benefits from it with busted cat.

^ Top  
  20. BarbequeMasta Learned

BarbequeMasta
    Been trying to choose a "pet" class for my new playthrough, been jumping between various summoner subclasses(from COTW) sacred huntsman, animal priest and Druid for a while.

But I think I'll go with undead lord priest(from COTW), I haven't done a priest playthrough yet. Any tips about must-have feats would be welcome. Also been thinking about dipping into Drill sergent fighter that gives teamwork feats to allies, does he also give those feats to summoned undead?

^ Top  
  21. Serus Arcane

Serus
    Anyone played with the AI mod by Holic92 found on nexus? Is it any good?

Did anyone play with the Craft Magic Items, how does it influence the game in practice? Does it make the game significantly easier or not?

^ Top  
  22. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    1) Play on Unfair.
    2) Craft Ring of Mirror Image with mercenary npc created for that single purpose.
    3) ????
    4) Profit!

• Funny x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • popamole x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    I didn’t learn how to play Kineticist until 1500 hrs in. They could use more class specific items/feats. There are a couple of both in Wrath.

^ Top  
  24. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    My brain is thoroughly melting playing COTW after like 400 hours of base game

• incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Catacombs Cipher Patron

Catacombs
    Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
    Wow.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.