Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Dishonoredbr Savant

Dishonoredbr
    Show Spoiler
    Gonna try him in my run , hopefully Varnhold don't go to shit because i freed the souls

Also sorry , but i had to keep my Neutral Evil aligment LawnToilet :smug:

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Show Spoiler

Dude is literally licking your boot just to continue existing. Sparing Vordakai is probably the most idiotic choice, even for evil character because Vordakai is the kind of guy that plot behinds you and the fact he is immortal of some sort means that he can play the long game. The only more idiotic choice imaginable is sparing Hargulka after his Nazi and "you borba are food" speech.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    Show Spoiler
    This could all be correct (well, hopefully not, but it is possible). But I have to try him, you know? I am on my n-th playthrough and I have never tried him before. He could be an awesome advisor like Bartholomew or Shandra for all I know.

Now, if he doesn't live up to expectation, in the future Maegar it is.

^ Top  
  4. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    Warpriests seem cool as hell but my mind is numb trying to pick out blessings. I think I’m rolling with a Blood Ranger, Occultist, Ninja, and Warpriest for my first CotW And Assorted Shit dungeon run. I might try and go dual thrower on Ninja, I don’t really know what I’m doing yet though.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Flurry of Darts looks hilarious.

^ Top  
  6. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    A couple of thumbs up about the writing at the Troll Lair. Really enjoying:
    - the description of Kargadd's dying moments (right after you down him in battle).
    - Ekun's reaction after Kargadd's death. It did the situation justice, and that was no simple situation.
    - Jubilost's reaction after my effort to intimidate Hargulka at the Lair entrance. Hilarious, but also true.

• incline incline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Yoomazir Literate

Yoomazir
    What's with random enemy encounters and when you load in it's empty.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2996094

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I love the way she says "yesh"
    :love:

^ Top  
  11. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    I changed the Bloodrager to an Urban Bloodrager because the +4 morale bonus to str without an AC penalty seems like almost pure upside. I also get access to bard and magus 1st and 2nd level spells; seems like I could do some stupid shit with True Strike and toggling on and off the spell blood rage (if I can avoid the exhaustion)

Also for RP reasons because this seems like it would be a popular persona for Codexers

For the war priest, I’m leaning towards blessings that don’t take a standard action (usually a touch so it gobbles up my move potentially, too). Strength and Trickery seem pretty nice but I don’t think there is a persona with each. Glory seems pretty good with the intimidation proc, might grab that and Strength with Gorum.)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    I’m trying the heavy armor one this playthrough. A lot of good Heavy Armors and that one gets Armor Training.

You can get a bonus to Inimidation from traits on top of the racial then turn in Diehard for +1 Luck on Saves which gets doubled by the Faith trait.

The traits might come from the Favored Classes mod that goes with CotW.

Bloodrager, Shaman, Ninja, Hunter’s Lizard in melee; Hunter, Witch, and Seeker Fey Sorc (free Perception/Trickery from leveling) at range.

^ Top  
  13. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    Noice. Yeah, over in my main campaign Amiri has heavy armor proficiency and is wearing Mithril battleplate. I finally read the description and realized it counts as medium armor so it works with Barb stuff. Was thinking about trying an armored rager archetype eventually, too.

^ Top  
  14. smaug Arcane Patron Shitposter

smaug
    Overwhelming Presence, man fuck this spell.
    Just got to Wicked Chanter..

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Ulysa Educated

Ulysa
    I'm going to try a neutral/evil run. Is it any fun or is just the same?

^ Top  
  16. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Neutral has a lot of coin tosses, but is very interesting at the beginning, and has the best international policy.
    Evil has a lot of unique characters you can recruit and requires a bit of meta knowledge to keep the advisors and the companions you want. It also has unique gameplay mechanics when it comes to criminal activities if you go NE or CE.

Both are great in their own ways, and worth the playthrough.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Ulysa Educated

Ulysa
    Ok, good enough for an excuse to play again, ty :salute:

• incline incline x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    So the Call of the Wild mods a "Refuse Rage" button and a "Dismiss spell" button. I don't think these are RAW, are they? But the latter is super handy for persistent AOEs, and the former makes the rage spell and skalds much more viable in a party with casters. Pretty neat.

Anyways, I'm rolling through endless dungeon with a motley crew of a half orc urban blood rager, duergar hunter with doggo, arsenal chaplain war priest with bow focus, Speaker for the Past Shaman that I have not idea wtf I'm doing with, Occultist Arcanist that is kind of carrying us with quick summons, and a ninja who throws darts like ninjas do.

Edit: Also having the first two floors of the dungeon being almost all centipedes is fucking rough lol

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    AFAIK Reject Rage is RAW in regard of Skald. Unlike Bard, Sklad's "song" instead induce rage with penalty to AC so it was made possible to reject the "song".

Dismiss Spell is not RAW yeah, but it is QoL addition (initially made by Eldritich Arcana). I mean Web last for minutes and cover half the map. After combat is over having half of your party failing Reflex saves over and over and stuck for 15 minues is not fun.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Spells you cast are dismissible in RAW (or some anyway).

(D) Dismissible
    If the duration line ends with “(D),” you can dismiss the spell at will. You must be within range of the spell's effect and must speak words of dismissal, which are usually a modified form of the spell's verbal component. If the spell has no verbal component, you can dismiss the effect with a gesture. Dismissing a spell is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
    A spell that depends on concentration is dismissible by its very nature, and dismissing it does not take an action, since all you have to do to end the spell is to stop concentrating on your turn.

• incline incline x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    Ok, thanks. Then I would actually recommend considering using CotW just for those QoL effects, even if you don't plan on using the other classes for Lawful Good reasons or whatever.

I'm sort of figuring out hexes. Shaman now has misfortune, accursed hex, and chant. Makes them take the worst of 2 rolls for a round (will negates). Might be kind of useful for sticking save or suck spells. I'm thinking of grabbing evil eye as the next hex.

Hunter's spell sharing stuff seems like it will be really sweet and also Haplo AF. I think you can share stuff like Lead Blades, Hurricane Bow, Aspect of Eagle, and all of these sweet ranger and druid spells. Class seems quite good.

• nice nice x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Yet another thing that Owlcat should have implemented

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Still pisses me off that they left out a ton of easy to implement feats like Furious Focus. Same with a ton of the Barbarian rage powers.

I'm glad the COTW dev implemented a lot of them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. razvedchiki Liturgist

razvedchiki
    you also need reject rage if you want to cast spells in its radius.

^ Top  
  25. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    There are a ton of shield bashing feats that CotW implements. Also the gorum religious trait letting you treat heavy shields as light weapons. Might be interesting to play around with next. I wonder if a Holy vindicator can get enough feats to make it worthwhile; doubtful though since I'm imagining you really want the combat style stuff and extra feats like from a Slayer or Fighter.

Call of the Wild implements https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/long-arm/. Oh, 5 ft reach at min/lvl for a first level spell? My Bloodrager is already a persistent AOE now with just that, enlarge, and a polearm.

Metamagic rods with daze, entangle, and trip effects are pretty wild. My CMB is ass but toppling magic missiles seems like a pretty neat gimmick.

Speaking of CMB, there is some interesting stuff in there. There is a feat that if you just use a standard power attack it lets you perform a free trip action. I'm thinking of steering my duergar into a tandem tripping asshole with his dog.

Hurtful let's you take a swift action attack whenever you intimidate an enemy within reach. Seems like there could be some interesting shenanigans there since building around intimidation effects was already pretty strong.

A few more interesting teamwork feats, too. Swarm scatter gives you +1 AC for each adjacent ally with the feat. Bonded Mind allows hunters and summoners to share personal spells like Lead Blades with companions. Snap shot is not a teamwork feat but it gives a 5ft threat radius to ranged weapons.

The Furious Focus feat that was mentioned negates the AB malus for the first power attack. Pretty nice for low level power attacking.

Anyways, really enjoying the mod. I think I would be pretty overwhelmed if I used it on my first playthrough and I expect that eventually it will just "blank" a bunch of marginally useful feats, spells etc. But for a victory lap playthrough I highly recommend it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.