Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yet another thing that Owlcat should have implemented

Still pisses me off that they left out a ton of easy to implement feats like Furious Focus. Same with a ton of the Barbarian rage powers.

I'm glad the COTW dev implemented a lot of them.

There are a ton of shield bashing feats that CotW implements. Also the gorum religious trait letting you treat heavy shields as light weapons. Might be interesting to play around with next. I wonder if a Holy vindicator can get enough feats to make it worthwhile; doubtful though since I'm imagining you really want the combat style stuff and extra feats like from a Slayer or Fighter.

Call of the Wild implements https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/long-arm/. Oh, 5 ft reach at min/lvl for a first level spell? My Bloodrager is already a persistent AOE now with just that, enlarge, and a polearm.

Metamagic rods with daze, entangle, and trip effects are pretty wild. My CMB is ass but toppling magic missiles seems like a pretty neat gimmick.

Speaking of CMB, there is some interesting stuff in there. There is a feat that if you just use a standard power attack it lets you perform a free trip action. I'm thinking of steering my duergar into a tandem tripping asshole with his dog.

Hurtful let's you take a swift action attack whenever you intimidate an enemy within reach. Seems like there could be some interesting shenanigans there since building around intimidation effects was already pretty strong.

A few more interesting teamwork feats, too. Swarm scatter gives you +1 AC for each adjacent ally with the feat. Bonded Mind allows hunters and summoners to share personal spells like Lead Blades with companions. Snap shot is not a teamwork feat but it gives a 5ft threat radius to ranged weapons.

The Furious Focus feat that was mentioned negates the AB malus for the first power attack. Pretty nice for low level power attacking.

Anyways, really enjoying the mod. I think I would be pretty overwhelmed if I used it on my first playthrough and I expect that eventually it will just "blank" a bunch of marginally useful feats, spells etc. But for a victory lap playthrough I highly recommend it.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
There are a ton of shield bashing feats that CotW implements. Also the gorum religious trait letting you treat heavy shields as light weapons. Might be interesting to play around with next. I wonder if a Holy vindicator can get enough feats to make it worthwhile; doubtful though since I'm imagining you really want the combat style stuff and extra feats like from a Slayer or Fighter.

Call of the Wild implements https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/long-arm/. Oh, 5 ft reach at min/lvl for a first level spell? My Bloodrager is already a persistent AOE now with just that, enlarge, and a polearm.

Metamagic rods with daze, entangle, and trip effects are pretty wild. My CMB is ass but toppling magic missiles seems like a pretty neat gimmick.

Speaking of CMB, there is some interesting stuff in there. There is a feat that if you just use a standard power attack it lets you perform a free trip action. I'm thinking of steering my duergar into a tandem tripping asshole with his dog.

Hurtful let's you take a swift action attack whenever you intimidate an enemy within reach. Seems like there could be some interesting shenanigans there since building around intimidation effects was already pretty strong.

A few more interesting teamwork feats, too. Swarm scatter gives you +1 AC for each adjacent ally with the feat. Bonded Mind allows hunters and summoners to share personal spells like Lead Blades with companions. Snap shot is not a teamwork feat but it gives a 5ft threat radius to ranged weapons.

The Furious Focus feat that was mentioned negates the AB malus for the first power attack. Pretty nice for low level power attacking.

Anyways, really enjoying the mod. I think I would be pretty overwhelmed if I used it on my first playthrough and I expect that eventually it will just "blank" a bunch of marginally useful feats, spells etc. But for a victory lap playthrough I highly recommend it.

There's also spell blade tutor for wiz/sorc/magus/etc which lets you negate the melee weapon attack bonus penalty from power attack etc, min/level, very handy for magus.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Just got to Pitax, time to use my 1 million gold to use (Holy fuck that ring)...
:positive:

jungl

Augur
owlcat seemed to be trying to balance kingmaker by not introducing totally useless or totally op feats. Crusaders flurry for example is op as fuck.

bec de corbin

Educated
owlcat seemed to be trying to balance kingmaker by not introducing totally useless or totally op feats. Crusaders flurry for example is op as fuck.
There are some completely useless feats. I remember one specific example is that you can inexplicably take spell focus universalist even though there aren't any universalist spells for it to apply to.

Likely. I'm not sure that it's very effective, though. What I've seen so far is no worse than a grenadier, stinking cloud + delay poison, deadly earth kineticist, smilodong hordes, optimized archer martials, etc. I think they may have pruned a lot of options that don't effectively end up being any worse than the still obscenely powerful stuff that's still there.

Trashos

Arcane
Cleric of Asmodeus, do you still have your savegame testing setup? It would be interesting to know if loot sold to Enneo (the traveling merchant who is involved in Jaethal's quest) burdens the savegames AFTER he leaves the capital.

If his inventory is deleted when he leaves, then selling loot to Enneo might be a thing: player gets the money from the loot, and still that loot won't burden the savegames later.

Not sure I have a save game close to that; mine are generally around stuff like stag lord fort, trobolds, vtomb, etc. Interesting theory, though.

I speculate that items on vendors don’t take as much space as those on bodies. I would have to do some reverse engineering but I would guess that the data storing an item on a vendor just increments a count=x field each time you sell them another masterwork item. Otherwise things like diamond dust and camping supplies would generate a crapload of data.

For corpses, however, people have suggested there is an independent Json element for each and each unique item. I haven’t confirmed this myself but the cleaner mod’s implementation suggests this is how it works, too.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
SMILEDON POGCHAMP

Fought the black dragon near Pitax and I polymorphed my smiledon into a black dragon, guy killed my whole party and my smiledon solo'd him to death LOL

Probably my favorite fight in the game so far.
:shredder:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It would be interesting to know if loot sold to Enneo (the traveling merchant who is involved in Jaethal's quest) burdens the savegames AFTER he leaves the capital.
No, it should not. It is one of the save game optimizations that I have read somewhere. However, I have not tested it by parsing the saves.

Also, I know that using Bartholomew in the throne room to sell junk is absolute no-no.

Trashos

Arcane
I would guess that the data storing an item on a vendor just increments a count=x field each time you sell them another masterwork item. Otherwise things like diamond dust and camping supplies would generate a crapload of data.

It looks like it for some items (dust, scrolls etc), but I am not sure whether weapons stack like that. Eg, selling 2 daggers to a merchant leads to the daggers appearing one under the other in his in-game inventory IIRC. I will have to recheck.

using Bartholomew in the throne room to sell junk is absolute no-no.

Right, I sell my loot in the tavern. But I am going to try selling to Enneo from now on, for the limited time that he is available of course.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure what to play for my next playthrough
thinking.png

• Righteous paladin with zero tolerance for lawlessness and evil (and women :cool:).
  • Nature loving druid with perfect Sawyerism for balance, and yeah, his friendly pet cat Frank.
  • Fun-loving charismatic rogue but with a bit of a greedy touch, as in: show me the
    dollars.png
    ! (and power).
  • Chaotic evil sorcerer with no friends, or purpose beyond being an asshole to everyone and everything. Might die in chapter 1.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, thanks. Then I would actually recommend considering using CotW just for those QoL effects, even if you don't plan on using the other classes for Lawful Good reasons or whatever.

I'm sort of figuring out hexes. Shaman now has misfortune, accursed hex, and chant. Makes them take the worst of 2 rolls for a round (will negates). Might be kind of useful for sticking save or suck spells. I'm thinking of grabbing evil eye as the next hex.

Hunter's spell sharing stuff seems like it will be really sweet and also Haplo AF. I think you can share stuff like Lead Blades, Hurricane Bow, Aspect of Eagle, and all of these sweet ranger and druid spells. Class seems quite good.

I'm playing that Speaker Shaman too. I took Life Mystery for the Channeling. If you take Channel Smite then there's a Feat that lets you take WIS to AB. Maybe not worth it but fun. If you enjoy the Hex action economy you can take Chant (Move action that extends all current hexes one round) but Witch is probably better for that since you get access to Major and Grand Hexes. Shaman has a lot more utility Hexes so you can use your action economy attacking most of the time.

You'll see that dichotomy more clearly in Wrath where the Shaman gets Sword Saint style weapon enchants while the Witch has a curse that makes her bad at attacking.

I went with Lore spirit, so I ended up with the feature that gives me some wizard spells, too. So with that, the cleric spells as a favored class bonus, the shaman list, and the hexes, I have a spells falling out of my ass! Not sure how effective it is, but kind of interesting to have one condensed character that can do all of the shield of faith, barkskin, hasting etc.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I like Mental Acuity (the Revelation that gives free INT), but yeah this time that felt like too many directions. You get Medium Armor + 3/4 BAB so felt like mise we’ll go Shelyn and Glaive it up. Guess you could just cast all the buffs (although Speaker is the one without the Familiar so doesn’t get Share Spells) then just Hex in combat, but then you’re wasting Divine Power + Luck trait.

Last edited:

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I was doing the mysterious shrine puzzle and I couldn't find it, so I looked it up but I can't pass the perception check to reveal it on the map.

Am I screwed, is there no way to pass the check once you've failed?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I was doing the mysterious shrine puzzle and I couldn't find it, so I looked it up but I can't pass the perception check to reveal it on the map.

Got to level perception up and try again.

Also savescum that shit. :dealwithit:

Gargaune

Magister

Got to level perception up and try again.

Also savescum that shit. :dealwithit:
I forget now, but didn't upping Perception via stat/skill-boosting gear also count for a fresh roll?

Trashos

Arcane
I think that the "Scout XXX region" card in kingdom management reveals the locations you didn't reveal yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom