Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Oh no... he's having fun... call the police!

• M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    I’ve been considering installing Call of the Wild but I’m afraid that will turn into the Charlie conspiracy white board meme

^ Top  
  3. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    Man, I am really disliking the munchkin design now, so many magical weapons nothing feels earned and most are useless (purely for money.). I know they have to compensate for so many weapon types but this feels like Diablo loot spam.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Many of the issues in the last chapter scream money issues, and inexperience with late-game content. Just roll with it. No studio was born perfect, except maybe Troika or From Software.

If it makes you feel any better, chances are high they learned from their mistakes, and their next title has higher chances to be better.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    I didn't understand the "too much good loot" complaints for BG2, and I do not understand them here. But I too would have liked it better if there were less weapon types with more uniques each.

Anyway, kingdom management can be a money sink. If nothing else, Ch5 (and Ch6, if you want to go prepared) will make you want to spend money, so make sure you have some.

^ Top  
  6. Mr. Magniloquent Liturgist

Mr. Magniloquent
    It's nice not needing to haul every piece of trash in order to make money. I also like being able to spend all of that money on something that is productive. As an avid SIM and RTS fan as a child, the kingdom layer speaks to my sensibilities beyond that as well. I wish the advisors were a little more flexible, but otherwise its satisfying for me. Right now I just got back form Vordakai and have something like 350K. Mind you, I tend to spend all of my money on the kingdom, I just can't seem to do that quickly enough. I still have a bunch of times in the treasury that I'm not sure what I want to do with, but can sell if I'm pinched for cash.

• nice nice x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I’ve been testing a Diviner in Depths, with CotW for fun, but the Knowledge is Power (INT to CMB) ability is too distracting, so he’s been just running around Blinding everybody with his Staff using Dirty Trick.

You get Dragonform I at lvl 11, which gives you four attax at Full BAB with one at -5. You can spend your Bonus Feats in Extend and Quicken Metamagic, giving you School Spells:

True Strike
    True Strike (Extended - gives you two hits)
    Sense Vitals (Extended)
    See Invis, Communal (Extended)
    True Strike (Quickened)
    Sense Vitals (Quickened)
    Sense Vitals (Quickened, Extented)
    Prediction of Failure
    Foresight

You can cast just fine in Dragon Form so just spam Vitals with your five Natural Attax and go off. Until then you can also cast in Elemental Form (but it doesn’t buy you much) or run around buffing things with your Touch of Good equivalent.

^ Top  
  8. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Results from Depths (Call of the Wild):

Diviner Foretell.jpg

This is Eighth level Diviner ability. Main reason to play it. No Save, unaffected by Spell Resistance. You can even flip it into a Party buff vs bosses.

Quick True Strike Blind.jpg

Straight up Diviner 10 Blinding shit in melee. Quickened True Strike + Knowledge is Power (can take as a Bonus Wiz Feat = INT to CMB).

Extended True Strike.jpg

So this was an Extended True Strike in action. First one Blinded him, then you get another hit at +20. Fills your Second Level Diviner Bonus Spell, with Extend Sense Vitals for Third Level

Diviner Smilo.jpg

Can turn yourself into a Smilodon at level 9. Can't cast in that shape, but can always throw on an Extended Sense Vitals before polymorphing. You can cast in Dragon Form at lvl 11.

Shelyn Cleric Luck.jpg

This is an Eccesitheurge of Shelyn using the Second Ability of Luck Domain. Charm Domain gives her a Swift Charm that works like butter in Wrath. Swift actions still a little clunky in P:K. CotW has a Feat that let's you go WIS to hit on Deity Weapon and Shelyn is Glaive so no need for Martial Proficiency either.

Arrowsong MinstrelDiviner Dirty Trick.jpg

You can see in this shot the Arrowsong Minstrel Bard using her built-in Spellstrike. It's pretty cool. That 40 damage is Intensify Rod on Snowball.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    ^ Top  
  9. bec de corbin Educated

bec de corbin
    I do suggest having a fair amount of money on hand when chapter 5 starts up because you can buy some really good stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    I spent 150k on BP early on, I have not gotten to chapter 5 yet. I have 630k Gold.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    Save some more if you can, but you will be fine with that.

^ Top  
  12. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    Yep. Huge money sinks incoming. You get to spend money like a king pretty soon

^ Top  
  13. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    What are some cool archetypes I should check out with CotW? Exciting feats? I will probably try everything because I have a problem but some pointers on some of the more exciting stuff to get started with would be appreciated!

^ Top  
  14. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    Well, I’ve downloaded and installed Call of the Wild, Favored Classes, and Races Unleashed and have spent like 2 hours already fucking around in character creation without even starting the endless dungeon yet. I guess that’s a good thing? There are so many god damn classes and feats.

• Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Lawntoilet Cipher Patron

Lawntoilet
    Oracle is pretty cool in Wrath of the Righteous, I think it is included with CotW.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Definitely Ninja. Unfortunately Rake is sort of wasted on Endless Depths.

I’m starting a party with no group buffs. One each of INT, WIS, and CHR for melee and ranged.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Dishonoredbr Savant

Dishonoredbr
    Just completed Vordakai's tomb.. I almost didn't complete because i forgot to bring rations LOL Anyway..

Show Spoiler
    I can't believe that i can actually choose Vordakai over Maegar LOL I just took the chance , having that guy as advisor , gonna be sick as FUCK. Sorry Maegar , you're cool guy and all , but Vordakai is insane cool lol

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • How DARE you!?? How DARE you!?? x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    Show Spoiler
    I too will be trying Vordakai as an advisor in my current playthrough. However, what I choose in future playthroughs will depend on how good an advisor he turns out to be.
    Show Spoiler
    In my last playthrough, I did get V again, but I didn't use him. I got an exceptionally bad ending slide for Varnhold, which probably had to do with replacing Maegar with V. I wonder if there is any way to use V and avoid the bad ending for Varnhold.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • How DARE you!?? How DARE you!?? x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Dishonoredbr Savant

Dishonoredbr
    Show Spoiler
    Gonna try him in my run , hopefully Varnhold don't go to shit because i freed the souls

Also sorry , but i had to keep my Neutral Evil aligment LawnToilet :smug:

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Show Spoiler

Dude is literally licking your boot just to continue existing. Sparing Vordakai is probably the most idiotic choice, even for evil character because Vordakai is the kind of guy that plot behinds you and the fact he is immortal of some sort means that he can play the long game. The only more idiotic choice imaginable is sparing Hargulka after his Nazi and "you borba are food" speech.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    Show Spoiler
    This could all be correct (well, hopefully not, but it is possible). But I have to try him, you know? I am on my n-th playthrough and I have never tried him before. He could be an awesome advisor like Bartholomew or Shandra for all I know.

Now, if he doesn't live up to expectation, in the future Maegar it is.

^ Top  
  22. Cleric of Asmodeus Learned

Cleric of Asmodeus
    Warpriests seem cool as hell but my mind is numb trying to pick out blessings. I think I’m rolling with a Blood Ranger, Occultist, Ninja, and Warpriest for my first CotW And Assorted Shit dungeon run. I might try and go dual thrower on Ninja, I don’t really know what I’m doing yet though.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Flurry of Darts looks hilarious.

^ Top  
  24. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    A couple of thumbs up about the writing at the Troll Lair. Really enjoying:
    - the description of Kargadd's dying moments (right after you down him in battle).
    - Ekun's reaction after Kargadd's death. It did the situation justice, and that was no simple situation.
    - Jubilost's reaction after my effort to intimidate Hargulka at the Lair entrance. Hilarious, but also true.

• incline incline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Yoomazir Novice

Yoomazir
    What's with random enemy encounters and when you load in it's empty.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.