Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
9 years old suckaz

vazha Okbow handles trolls because of his incredible DPS. I turned him into a Slayer since I couldn't make him a freebooter (no mods), and his bow murdered everything. Win initiative and delete the main threat round one. Synergize with my teams menace feats, and he stacks sneaks too, but that comes after trobold.

Desiderius

Patron
That's Ekun. No need to make him a Slayer (that kills Okbo) since he slays just fine as a Ranger. Ranged toons are poor Freebooters since they really want Full Attacks. Freebooter's Bane is a Move Action that pairs better with Standard Actions like Cleave, Charge, and Vital Strike and AoOs. Combat Style Feats go really well with Cleaving.

Don't forget to use Enlarge, Hurricane Bow, and Deadly Aim on Ekun where practical (I usually don't switch on Aim until I get the hat if using Devourer, it doesn't really need the damage help). This is two Rangers:

Rangers laying the wood.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
  • delay poison no longer gives immunity to poison, but only suppresses its effects for the duration
  • added new spell-like monk ki powers: Burst of Adrenaline, Burst of Insight, Cloak of Winds, Deadly Juggernaut, Akashic Form, Frightful Aspect
(CotW mod still chugging along)

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Desiderius That's all I've got to say ))

That being said, I havent played to most of that point. lvl 8 smilodon having AC 39 is legit, no arguing here. Also in one of your screens a pet has magic vestments? what does it work off, mage armor? That's new.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also in one of your screens a pet has magic vestments? what does it work off, mage armor?
Magic Vestment has been bugged since forever (unless you are one of the tinfoil-hats like LannTheStupid who believe that they implemented it this way due to "balance reasons"). Basically its bonus is applied to your character without taking into consideration your armor (and its already existing enhancement bonus).

vazha

Arcane
Also, isn't touch of chaos a standard action that's limited to just one round? So basically you'd waste your rounds casting that, just in case that if something rolls a crit, it has to reroll? I can see it working against one big opponent fights, but I am thinking there might be better things a clerics attention could be focused on.

Desiderius

Patron
Also, isn't touch of chaos a standard action that's limited to just one round? So basically you'd waste your rounds casting that, just in case that if something rolls a crit, it has to reroll? I can see it working against one big opponent fights, but I am thinking there might be better things a clerics attention could be focused on.

How many rolls (including saves) do you imagine Hargulka gets in “just” one round? It’s a Touch Attack that ignores Spell Resistance and allows no Save. It’s a shame no mobs have it so the unimaginative like yourself could suffer through it and have their eyes opened.

Some of us can do math.

As for Magical Vestment it’s enchanting whatever coat he has that’s giving him a Natural Armor Bonus in the first place, just as it enchants a regular piece of Leather Armor say. Nothing cheesy about it. Third lvl Cleric slots are the most valuable in the game - you’re paying an appropriate price for a spell that scales slower that Barkskin or Divine Power.

Desiderius

Patron
So are pets laughably UP or cheesily OP?

Should probably settle on one of the other while you’re wasting your time pretending your head isn’t up your ass.

vazha

Arcane
Woah, no need to get all worked up, master )) I understand you do like your cheese builds but no need to get all defensive when someone tries to argue that alternatives might exist. Sheesh. Thought we established that Hargulka doesnt need to be tanked? with your strategy you'd be in close proximity and he can wreck harrim just fine without crits.

Unless I understand something incorrectly, touch of chaos makes him to reroll his nat 20, not roll with disadvantage. Also it is affected by spell resistance, which, admittedly at lvl 8 not many enemies have, but still.

And vestments should be enchanting armor & shield piece, not a natural armor buff. Cheddar level cheese right there.

Desiderius

Patron
Woah, no need to get all worked up, master )) I understand you do like your cheese builds but no need to get all defensive when someone tries to argue that alternatives might exist. Sheesh. Thought we established that Hargulka doesnt need to be tanked? with your strategy you'd be in close proximity and he can wreck harrim just fine without crits.

Unless I understand something incorrectly, touch of chaos makes him to reroll his nat 20, not roll with disadvantage. Also it is affected by spell resistance, which, admittedly at lvl 8 not many enemies have, but still.

And vestments should be enchanting armor & shield piece, not a natural armor buff. Cheddar level cheese right there.

Vestment is a side issue. Still fine without it. The problem is that you don’t know how to debuff and you waste most of your toons doing things that pose no threat to the enemy.

You're not fooling anyone but yourself. Sooner you submit the sooner the pain stops. You’re understanding everything incorrectly because you’re too proud to stand under anything or anyone.

If Touch is affected by SR that’s a new one on me, and would radically decrease its effectiveness late game, but I usually bring in Tristian for Harrim late in any case. Seeing as how you get it at lvl one at full functionality its pretty damn good.

BadTouchBear.jpg

Harrim doesn’t tank Hargulka because Save or Die + reroll all Saves for “just a round” = die. Harrim even brings his own with free action economy (extended Stunning Barrier = 12 second stun).

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
So are pets laughably UP or cheesily OP?

Should probably settle on one of the other while you’re wasting your time pretending your head isn’t up your ass.
Just wasted my time on checking what would be non-gimped doggo's AC at lvl 8 with barkskin 3, mage armor, shield of faith, cat's grace. 37. add in haste for another 1, 38. Good luck with 38 ac tanking against branded trolls with that doggo.

P.s. mind your manners, this is a prestigious gaming magazine, after all. Not a kindergarten.

vazha

Arcane
Don’t get passive aggressive with me, faggot.

You're not fooling anyone but yourself. Sooner you submit the sooner the pain stops. You’re understanding everything incorrectly because you’re too proud to stand under anything or anyone.

Have you thought about seeking medical help? Everything alright at home? Good lord.

Desiderius

Patron
I don’t need luck, I’ve demonstrated time and again how to dominate Unfair (still yet to see so much as a screenshot from your big talking ass). Not my fault you don’t understand debuffing and take twenty rounds to dispatch foes I do in two with your butter knives, healbots, and first level spell spam.

Desiderius

Patron
Don’t get passive aggressive with me, faggot.

Have you thought about seeking medical help? Everything alright at home? Good lord.

Everything great. Getting tired of blowing out big talking fools in the same predictable way every time. It’s a great game. You owe it to the game and to us to play it as designed at least once before beclowning yourself in front of everybody.

vazha

Arcane
Good to know, I was a bit worried there you might have had some side issues / legit excuses for being a dimwit.

Finished Trobold Hargulka fight in 4 rounds on unfair last night. 10 skelletons, Enchantment specialized wizard holding hargulka, Obama sniping and main char / valerie mercy kill. Hopefully you dont need a screenshot to believe that?

Desiderius

Patron
Not at all. Sounds fun. What spell did your specialized wiz use to “Hold” Harg BTW?

vazha

Arcane
P.s. I have to admit, if chaos touch is a d20 reroll, and not nat 20 reroll, that increases its effectiveness dramatically on earlier lvls I suppose. Still wouldn't want to risk Harrim in close quarters fight on unfair at that level though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom