Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Not at all. Sounds fun. What spell did your specialized wiz use to “Hold” Harg BTW?
Enchantment / Greater focus enchantment, Hold person. Didn't even need spell specialization, his will is mediocre.

Lol. Theorycrafter exposed. Hold Person doesn't work on Harg because his weapon gives him Freedom of Movement.

Ignore.

vazha

Arcane
Not at all. Sounds fun. What spell did your specialized wiz use to “Hold” Harg BTW?
Enchantment / Greater focus enchantment, Hold person. Didn't even need spell specialization, his will is mediocre.

Lol. Theorycrafter exposed. Hold Person doesn't work on Harg because his weapon gives him Freedom of Movement.

Ignore.
Hm. I am 100 hundred percent sure I mercykilled him, which means he was helpless. Going to re-do that fight now

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
without crits.

Unless I understand something incorrectly, touch of chaos makes him to reroll his nat 20, not roll with disadvantage. Also it is affected by spell resistance, which, admittedly at lvl 8 not many enemies have, but still.
I finally understood what you're confused about. d20 is basic DnD (and Pathfinder) lingo. It means 20-sided die. Touch of Chaos says "anytime the target rolls a 20-sided die", not "anytime the target rolls a die and it comes up 20". Since you are, apparently, familiar with 5e I can tell you that Touch of Chaos indeed makes the target roll for everything with disadvantage for one round. Though I have no idea how you could get confused about what a d20 means and understand that a longsword deals 1d8 damage.

And vestments should be enchanting armor & shield piece, not a natural armor buff. Cheddar level cheese right there.
Oh, boy, if you consider magic vestment to be cheese, I have some really bad news for you.

edit:
Didn't even need spell specialization, his will is mediocre.
Are you aware that Caster Level, and consequently Spell Specialization, has absolutely nothing to do with the DC of a spell? For Hold Person, in particular, it only increases the duration.

Isn’t there a skill check to get out of Vazha’s Webs?
Oh, yeah, it's a skill check that completely slipped my mind.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Also in one of your screens a pet has magic vestments? what does it work off, mage armor?
Magic Vestment has been bugged since forever (unless you are one of the tinfoil-hats like LannTheStupid who believe that they implemented it this way due to "balance reasons"). Basically its bonus is applied to your character without taking into consideration your armor (and its already existing enhancement bonus).

And choosing Shield does nothing as far as I can tell.

Desiderius

Patron
Wings will cost you another Feat for more stats. Once you discover that stats are plentiful while Feats are not you’ll be playing a whole new game.
This is why if you play on Unfair, there should be only Human for you as a race at character creation. All the others are cute challenges.

I end up there 90% of the time but Elf is fine for a caster since you get Spell Pen free and against Giants or where Steel Soul matters Dwarf is probably better than Human.

It’s usually enough to at least be interesting but the extra Human skill pt is usually the deciding factor. Skills matter.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also in one of your screens a pet has magic vestments? what does it work off, mage armor?
Magic Vestment has been bugged since forever (unless you are one of the tinfoil-hats like LannTheStupid who believe that they implemented it this way due to "balance reasons"). Basically its bonus is applied to your character without taking into consideration your armor (and its already existing enhancement bonus).

And choosing Shield does nothing as far as I can tell.
Working as intended, shields are for crushing your enemies' skulls, not defending like a pussy. :positive:

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If Touch is affected by SR that’s a new one on me, and would radically decrease its effectiveness late game, but I usually bring in Tristian for Harrim late in any case. Seeing as how you get it at lvl one at full functionality its pretty damn good.
It is. I just tried it on a defaced sister and it didn't work because of SR (don't have a screenshot, was playing before I read this). Still awesome early game, though it seems to also require a concentration check to not proc AOOs, which I didn't remember being the case either.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Does Tenebrous Depths keep on with the extreme basic bitchness of the first 5-6 levels? In that case imma just skip it. Shit is making Od Nua look good which is quite a feat

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wings will cost you another Feat for more stats. Once you discover that stats are plentiful while Feats are not you’ll be playing a whole new game.
This is why if you play on Unfair, there should be only Human for you as a race at character creation. All the others are cute challenges.

Which, incidentally, is why I rarely play human in 3.5 and PF.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Does Tenebrous Depths keep on with the extreme basic bitchness of the first 5-6 levels? In that case imma just skip it. Shit is making Od Nua look good which is quite a feat
Even if each level has a different layout, the formula stays the same. Room after room of combat encounters, with chests with interesting loot and hidden rooms with more chests with even more loot. The only thing that the dungeon has to offer apart from combat is the lore behind the dungeon's bosses, but even that is only told through item descriptions (and a bit of dialogue with the dragon, I guess).

IMHO, the only reason to play the dungeon is if you REALLY love the combat in this game and just want more of it. Keep in mind that, even if most fights aren't that interesting, the bosses are actually worth the hassle.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Disappointing. And a bit weird. Every bit of the base game and even Varnhold is just way more value than you're paying for, while if that's really all Tenebrous is it seems like a cash-grab. Not that I hold anything against the devs gives the insane content and quality amount in the base game, but... still disappointed.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Btw another question: I seem to recall you get to keep the magical lantern from womb of lamashtu and that it will be useful later. But I can't find it in my inventory. Do I recall incorrectly or have I sold i or sommat?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Disappointing. And a bit weird. Every bit of the base game and even Varnhold is just way more value than you're paying for, while if that's really all Tenebrous is it seems like a cash-grab. Not that I hold anything against the devs gives the insane content and quality amount in the base game, but... still disappointed.
While I agree that the dungeon is a bit disappointing, keep in mind that the DLC also comes with the "endless dungeon" mode. Obviously it's just more of the same, but having a way to quickly test characters and party compositions through an endless series of encounters is a blessing for people who are crazy about the combat system.

vazha

Arcane
Tried that and he fails but i dont get coup de grace attack, just attack bonuses. I recall him standing with a blue glow around him.

Desiderius

Patron

I doubt it grabbed them much cash. Just bit off more than they could chew and whoever designed Old Sycamore/Lake Silvermere and the like had already moved on to other projects. The Boggard areas of that DLC are similarly barren.

You level several times faster than the main game and get to rest far more often so it’s a place to play/test/enjoy just about any party config you can imagine thru a decent variety of challenges.

Desiderius

Patron
I just really miss durlag's and watcher's keep :'(

There’s a dungeon in Wrath that feels a lot like Durlag, though there’s only two levels of it so far. I think Forgotten Sanctum in Deadfire pays homage to Durlag as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom