Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
vazha so did it work?
No, didnt. Still trying to figure out what I did last time that procced him helpless
Maybe Hideous Laughter?

Cacophonus Call also works but doesn’t sound like he’s discovered the Bard yet either. Laughter isn’t helpless IIRC. Mallet effectively prevents helplessness unless I’m missing something.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I just really miss durlag's and watcher's keep :'(

There’s a dungeon in Wrath that feels a lot like Durlag, though there’s only two levels of it so far. I think Forgotten Sanctum in Deadfire pays homage to Durlag as well.

Forgotten Sanctum is pretty fucking awesome, I'll grant you that.

btw can you answer my question about the magical lantern? I'm a little worried it's mandatory later for progression, I seem to remember you use it for more main quest stuff.

Desiderius

Patron
I just really miss durlag's and watcher's keep :'(

There’s a dungeon in Wrath that feels a lot like Durlag, though there’s only two levels of it so far. I think Forgotten Sanctum in Deadfire pays homage to Durlag as well.

Forgotten Sanctum is pretty fucking awesome, I'll grant you that.

btw can you answer my question about the magical lantern? I'm a little worried it's mandatory later for progression, I seem to remember you use it for more main quest stuff.

Feel like I ended up with two by the time I got to House.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, the lore in Tenebrous Depths stories is pretty amazing, at least for the player who is functionally literate. Take the first boss, for example. He is a gnome with gnome's propensity for taking any risk just to delay boredom and inevitable Bleaching. There are 4 short snippets of his life, his realization that the dragon is not exactly who he thinks he is, and death from the main hero - short, concise and sad.

It reminds me of item descriptions in "Soulborne" games from Fromsoft, where a player can either ignore them - or study them meticulously and build deep understanding of the dying world that the games present. Owlcat Games tried to emulate it and were quite successful.

Shadenuat

Arcane
the best part of some of lore is that it hints on weaknesses of some enemies, in particular Captive, who is somewhat close to bg scs. well, maybe I overpraised him due to other bosses in the game xcept fireball being boring; I guess closer comparison would be BG1 ToSC demonknight or endgame demon on steroids. shrimp if you fight it with extra plot thing is also fine, monster party is nice.

other good thing is level effects like "fuck mirror image", which tests the limits of your party building.

in the end this DLC is still a waste of development time though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tbh I'd pay good money for the prospect of playing Harry as he stumbles through the attempt of running a kingdom

Desiderius

Patron
in the end this DLC is still a waste of development time though.
Do you think sales did not cover the cost of the DLC?

No it’s like Ship Combat in Deadfire. Re-inventing a whole new wheel is expensive in terms of both time and talent. They’d have done better to put all those resources into bringing the rest of the game up to the standards of ch 1-3 and better filling out the massive KM design space they already had.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It is so blatantly obvious that most internet guides are geared towards solo play. There's the obvious stuff like monk dips for everyone, but there's also the fact that many excellent party builds aren't mentioned. I made Regongar an Arcane Archer and though the build must be the most railroaded of the game, period, it is incredibly useful. Every level he just gets stronger. He's never insane, but always good, whereas the rest of my party always have opponents against whom they are underwhelming. It also means there's at least one dude on my team who is *never* a headache to control, essentially being to my party what Call of Duty is to shooters: you point and click and it does what it does.

Desiderius

Patron
His INT isn’t (close to) ideal for Eldritch Archer (nor his DEX for that matter) and the class is the most mailed-in in the entire game (Paizo or Owlcat) since literally the only ranged ability you get is Ranged Spellstrike and they left all the base class melee abilities in unchanged.

That you can still be productive with that just shows how strong both Ranged Combat and the Magus class is in the game.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why do people keep doing all this to Reg instead of leveling him as is and one-shotting all enemies.

because i played a melee magus (gishes are my faves in pnp) on my first playthrough (rtwp) and wanted to try eldritch archer this time 'round

EDIT: he still one-shots enemies though, and obviously the "enemy is flat-footed"-arcana is insanely useful on Unfair

Desiderius

Patron
Octavia’s (much) better for that, though burning a lvl on wiz is annoying.

Tristian EA/MT is, um, interesting.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I played this game for 370 hours and I still don't know how to character build efficiently.

I just played druid and did cool spells lol

I should probably do some more research and planning for these types of games...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom