Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Just a pun.

Yeah, I’ve learned that dynamic through trying to play a nuker (my comfort zone is buff and bash with casters using weapons when not firing off save or dies), so I can see it with a controller too. You’re using Grease/Web on the easier fights because you have so many lying around and Icy Prison, Mass or whatever when shit gets real.

Alrik

Educated
Poor DC that doesn’t scale and no way to make your own team immune (unlike difficult terrain spells like Stone Call or enemies only spells like Slow).
Web didn't scale at all (outside duration) in DnD 2E, but that didn't prevent Web stacking from being absurdly powerful in the BG games. Taking out the GoI spells does significantly reduce the effectiveness of the strategy though (which is odd since they are in the Pathfinder ruleset, but not in the game).

Yosharian

Arcane
Wizards/Sorcs bring a ton of useful spells that fulfill a variety of uses. Haste, Displacement, etc, these are vital spells in tough fights. My Sorc is as much a buffer as she is a disabler. And that makes her extremely valuable at lower levels.

Yosharian

Arcane
1st: Grease, Mage Armor, Expeditious Retreat, Enlarge Person, Reduce Person
2nd: Glitterdust, Web, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Blur
3rd: Haste, Displacement, Stinking Cloud, Communal Resist Energy
4th: Greater Invisibility, Animate Dead, Greater False Life, Dimension Door
5th: Animal Growth, Icy Prison, Phantasmal Web, Cloudkill

And then we get to 6th level spells and further, and key fights are effectively ended by the arcane spells she brings. Hell I could even say the same for some of the lower spell levels too.

Sykar

Arcane
My Diviner Arcanist is a first rate save or die master. -2 saves from aura, +2 to DC from Arcanist and +2 DC from feats. Add in debuffs like Enervation and you can kill almost anything. Thanks to CotW he gets Shadow Evocation, Conjuration and Enchantment which makes these schools decent choices for opposite schools, though enchantment and evocation are preferable.
Funny that Diviner makes a better illusionist than an actual illusionist.:lol:

Shadenuat

Arcane
to be fair you need a very high iq to play a caster

tqCIfWj.png

Darkzone

Arcane
I have hold back in comments about this game and in the beginning it was a bit buggy. For me it is important that it has proven what i expected and defended from the beginning:
You can do RTwP and TB mode in the same game and even change easy between them while running a game and this even in combat. And based alone on this fact i would rank it in my top 10 games. But this was expected from Russians, because they have very smart autistic mathematicians, physicist, engineers and programmers. Therefore stop calling european RPG shovelware and apply this attribute to US RPG of this and the past decade.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I hope they add more divination spells in wrath. I want to play a diviner mostly for the initiative.

Just get CotW and Lost Grimoire mods.

Even CotW doesn't add many.

Metagmagic + True Strike + Vitals turns out not to be awful, but you need to be attacking and unfortunately Natural Spell requires Wild Shape Wolf (at least four levels of Druid) presently. CotW + Dragonform can cast while shaped but pathing is clunky.

Sykar

Arcane
I hope they add more divination spells in wrath. I want to play a diviner mostly for the initiative.

Even CotW doesn't add many.

Metagmagic + True Strike + Vitals turns out not to be awful, but you need to be attacking and unfortunately Natural Spell requires Wild Shape Wolf (at least four levels of Druid) presently. CotW + Dragonform can cast while shaped but pathing is clunky.

Last Grimoire adds a lot.

lost grimoire is p homebrewy tho

So is Stinking Cloud+Delay Poison yet no one here seems to have a problem expoiting the shit out of it. Same with flanking which can be generously labeled "homebrewn".

Desiderius

Patron
Holic finally fixed Delay Poison. That has implications far beyond just Stinking Cloud.

As for exploit, it takes more work than it looks on higher difficulties, although with persistent effects you’ve always got Critical Misses.

Anything that involves kiting has always been a no go for me so it’s not something I’ve ever used or been interested in.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Stinking Cloud/Delay Poison isn't THAT much more powerful than it is in tabletop. It doesn't really matter that much if you character starts puking a few hours later, in complete safety. The problem is with persistent effects in general, and the AI being too dumb to get out of them. As I've said before, I refuse to use the Cloud combo for that reason even though I have no problem using persistent AoEs that restrict movement in their area.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, the biggest change will be the other Poisons where if you try to rest with them on you'll be looking at big Stat drains and the like.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Stinking Cloud/Delay Poison isn't THAT much more powerful than it is in tabletop. It doesn't really matter that much if you character starts puking a few hours later, in complete safety. The problem is with persistent effects in general, and the AI being too dumb to get out of them. As I've said before, I refuse to use the Cloud combo for that reason even though I have no problem using persistent AoEs that restrict movement in their area.
Honestly, AI is the only non-art element of the entire game that I care to see improved in WotR. Obviously mythic paths are cool and all, but they attract me more from a story perspective than anything else, since the game already has so many ways to build, specialize, and break your character that I don't really feel the need for an entire new set of abilities to add on top of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom