Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

KateMicucci

Arcane
Glad you came back. Where is this Priest? The one next to the boss? I was afraid you were right about Centipede.

Hope you found your rations.
There's at least one standing around the garbage pile on the north side of the dungeon. I killed some other ones before so I can't check was their levels were. They were annoying me because they have a lot of HP and can damage the entire party with their evil channeling.

He's "priest 4 fey 1" which I assume is level 5 if I understand how this game adds up levels.

Parabalus

Arcane
There are a few mods which add dismissible spells, I used Eldritch Arcana and it worked pretty well.

Also really annoying with kineticists, since they really want to use multiple AoEs each fight.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Glad you came back. Where is this Priest? The one next to the boss? I was afraid you were right about Centipede.

Hope you found your rations.
There's at least one standing around the garbage pile on the north side of the dungeon. I killed some other ones before so I can't check was their levels were. They were annoying me because they have a lot of HP and can damage the entire party with their evil channeling.

He's "priest 4 fey 1" which I assume is level 5 if I understand how this game adds up levels.

Yes, this is why I prefer to make peace or take out the Kobolds.

Desiderius

Patron
The level 3 ones also cast Hold Person and some of the others have DR/Cold Iron because they’re Fey. Charge is good if you can get the angle right.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
The way the enemies are placed you can usually line it up so most of them are standing at the edge where you can attack them with several characters without stepping in the shit.
It is very muich doable in RTwP. TYL.

That's assuming that your characters are not going to move in-between the time it takes to target a spell, and the actual casting. That's the frustrating part about RTwP- the AI is constantly acquiring new targets- either when an enemy drops or maybe just when the shitty pathfinding decides it needs to find a new path. This problem isn't limited to Kingmaker, but it's especially prevalent in Kingmaker. Wouldn't it be great if some genius decided to program the AI to not go in an area that's about to be covered in grease, or a friendly fireball? Or maybe, you know, it wouldn't be a good idea for my +1 reflex save fighter to step into the grease.

The problem isn't even RTwP, its crappy implementation of AI in RTwP.

Last edited:

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's assuming that your characters are not going to move in-between the time it takes to target a spell, and the actual casting. That's the frustrating part about RTwP- the AI is constantly acquiring new targets- either when an enemy drops or maybe just when the shitty pathfinding decides it needs to find a new path. This problem isn't limited to Kingmaker, but it's especially prevalent in Kingmaker. Wouldn't it be great if some genius decided to program the AI to not go in an area that's about to be covered in grease, or a friendly fireball?
A) You can retarget the spell up till the last moment before it launches.
B) Disable friendly AI, for fuck's sake.

Desiderius

Patron
I use friendly AI, but I also provide directions every round usually.

Friendly AI doesn't help the pathing, nor the lack of a clear indication of the border on the ground, which it shouldn't, but that still makes it something you often have to go out of your way to avoid.

It also doesn't help when you've got other friendlies on the battlefield you don't directly control.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
It also doesn't help when you've got other friendlies on the battlefield you don't directly control.
Yes, precisely. As I had written some time ago my Cephal Lorentus effectively had two mutually exclusive sets of spells: pits and grease or summons. Both work well, but not together.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Pits let you tackle one half of the mobs at a time, or more than half in the case of adds and bosses. They’re also strategic lifesavers when things have gone wrong.

Exactly that. Halving the enemy force will make most battles easy. You have to wait for the rest, but it's something I'm ready to do in a challenging encounter.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
It does and it’s very welcome.

Note that Pits are rnd/lvl while Grease/Web/Entangle are min/lvl. Biggest problem I have with them is my own guys falling in.

I believe Grease is rounds per level also, so even waiting it out isn't a problem. Web in the other hand...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
There are a few mods which add dismissible spells, I used Eldritch Arcana and it worked pretty well.

Also really annoying with kineticists, since they really want to use multiple AoEs each fight.

Kineticist have a decent solution, though. They can't stack instances of same form infusions, so simply recast the wall / Deadly earth out of the way and it will remove the previous effect.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Jubilost refuses to use his crossbow. He just runs into melee combat with it in hand and fights barehanded.

Use Bombs.

Yeah but bomb use is limited so i don't want him to blow them on trashfights...

Don't use Fast Bombs. Take Extra Bombs Feat. Archery is trap.

Yes i already do that, but the autist in me still wants to preserve bombs because my party might get kidnapped and thrown into a 2 hour long dungeon romp full with dangerous encounters with no possibility of resting.

The problem resolved itself by rebooting the client by the way. I mean i love the content of PK so far, but lets be real there still is MUCH to bitch about the technical state of the game. I hope they will up their game for WotR.

Parabalus

Arcane

Kineticist have a decent solution, though. They can't stack instances of same form infusions, so simply recast the wall / Deadly earth out of the way and it will remove the previous effect.

Yeah, but before you get high level to cast those without a burn cost you need to use the stronger gather power moves, which makes it take a few round. So if you cast both wall and DE, then you need 4 rounds just to clear the way for your party to move forward. It's pretty annoying, and EA doesn't add dismissible blast forms to them.

Desiderius

Patron
Jub in Melee.jpg

Ill-fated all around

Desiderius

Patron
I thought InEffect prefers Str?
He offers DEX SS with falcata as a main hero for the DLC. I played through the game with this build on Hard, and it was quite fun, at least for me.

Starting goblins took some reloads, though - and it was difficult for me to decide when to use SS buffs, so several times I rested with all of them unused.

Lion's Claw best weapon with no home among companions definitely. Don't know about Finessing it though. Is that even a thing for non-Fighters? Slashing Grace? Big Feat tax for low level scenario.

Desiderius

Patron
OK, let's try Varnhold CotW.

Votes for MC?

If you are going to play Cotw naybe play one of the occult classes? Occultist? Physics? Stuff like that. I mean for base classes it has probably done to death in the main campaign.

What classes do you want to see in Depths. I'll try to keep it shorter for Rusty with a Build Screen for each.

Testownia

I just discovered that, at least since the Enhanced Edition Plus patch was released, Owlcat Games added a ton of different NPC conversations within the capital. So far, playing as a Neutral character with a Neutral barony, I've encountered three different sets of conversations which are brand new.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
What classes do you want to see in Depths. I'll try to keep it shorter for Rusty with a Build Screen for each.

Hmm I am not that sure but maybe Occultist? Seems like there are a lot of things you can do due to the various Implements. Or as an alternative Relic Hunter Inquisitor which is the Inquisitor + Occultist gish

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom