Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

cloudropis

Educated
If there is no clear description then the one who claims the fact should prove it by testing. This one is you. Go, install the mod, travel in different speeds and show that it takes the same time from the kingdom management perspective. Go, install the mod, travel around the local map and prove that the buffs are neither extended nor reduced.

Otherwise, your opinion does not matter.
Where the hell do you think my explanation of how the mod works comes from if not from using it myself? Again, as I said in my first post that everyone seems to have read with their eyes covered in dust and vaseline?
With the out of battle sliders set to 100% speed, a 60 seconds buff lasts 60 seconds. When set at 200%, they last 30 seconds. Weird huh? In battle they last as many rounds as they should because it's turn based, obviously. It's a fucking multiplication, it's not rocket science.

Seriously, what level of tinfoil hattery is this? I said use this mod, it does this pretty basic thing, I explained the edge cases of what and how it does stuff which I can personally vouch for as I use it myself. There's absolutely 0 reason to go "nuh huh, bet it doesn't". Feels like you decided, by default, that I'm lying and that the mod is a cheat code with zero evidence. how about that for burden of proof? *Your* opinion doesn't matter.
Eagerly awaiting to wake up and tomorrow's issue to be "what if the Cleaner mod actually makes the game dirtier?? Proof?"

Efe

Erudite
If you hate moving around in kingmaker, wait till you play wrath..
Faster travel is a good mod.
teleport circles are very useful.
its not like these are conflicting with each other.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Wrath is a UI issue.

The travel is designed to feel arduous and forbidding. If anything they underdid it. Needed more highwaymen and unpassable bogs. Stolen Lands don't have interstates.

Desiderius

Patron
Have they fixed the memory leak thing? My garbage pc barely handles it after a while.

Don't keep too many saves. There are a couple areas where it helps to pick up the junk when you leave and drop or sell it.

There is a mod (No History) for the latter if that's too cumbersome.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wrath is a UI issue.

The travel is designed to feel arduous and forbidding. If anything they underdid it. Needed more highwaymen and unpassable bogs. Stolen Lands don't have interstates.
I agree, but there should have been an option to improve the road network of your kingdom as well.

edit: holy fuck, spelling

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
There is a regional upgrade that increases travel speed but yeah that entire dimension of the game was scandalously underdeveloped.

Want to do a great, necessary mod? Fill out the back end of the Kingdom Management.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Lifesavers
Those are among the first mods I installed way back ago coming from Pillars-I. However, Kingmaker's gameplay is different: stealth is not that important, A.I. is actually useful with proper auto-pause, and swapping weapon sets weighs much more than in Pillars. As the result, I had found that I am not using those mods enough and uninstalled them. If you're playing RTwP you will probably do the same.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
While playing PoE and PoE II I have discovered how funy the "catch me if you can" archer's tactique with some traps and an occassional switch to melee can be. The one being chased runs, other members of the party shoot and dynamicaly close in or disengage from chasing enemies to sway the aggro on themselves in turns.

Although the speed is much more a limiting factor in P:KM, even at the third level I can still land 4-10 shots before one of the party members is caught, and then do some charge or shielding techniques to save them, if need be. I believe that with more levels and more feats put into speed this will become more viable.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
And in IWDII I've played this arcane ninja team of (only) four party members based actually on stealth, maximized AC and spells.

So... to each his own, I reckon. I believe you have your own style that suits your palate.

Tao

Savant
Let me ask you guys a normie question ¿any decent portrait for a magus? All i find is weabo trash over the top.

I hope for WotR there is more that 3 or 4 sad options by default :S

Desiderius

Patron
While playing PoE and PoE II I have discovered how funy the "catch me if you can" archer's tactique with some traps and an occassional switch to melee can be. The one being chased runs, other members of the party shoot and dynamicaly close in or disengage from chasing enemies to sway the aggro on themselves in turns.

Although the speed is much more a limiting factor in P:KM, even at the third level I can still land 4-10 shots before one of the party members is caught, and then do some charge or shielding techniques to save them, if need be. I believe that with more levels and more feats put into speed this will become more viable.

This is unnecessary.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Let me ask you guys a normie question ¿any decent portrait for a magus? All i find is weabo trash over the top.

Nexusmods has quite a few portrait packs. You might find something you'll like there.

cloudropis

Educated
I didn't find Magus portraits I liked either, picked one of the in-game ones hoping it wouldn't be used by any major char-
"Meet your rival and friend, and central DLC character Maegar Varn"
Well fuck you too then

Desiderius

Patron
I’m just using one of the hot chicks with a cool sword then using my imagination for the rest.

Desiderius

Patron
I didn't find Magus portraits I liked either, picked one of the in-game ones hoping it wouldn't be used by any major char-
"Meet your rival and friend, and central DLC character Maegar Varn"
Well fuck you too then

Same

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Very easy installation, just copy content into the portraits folder. Warning - don't download "just the GoT portraits" these are non-mandatory but they are the first in the index, so it can confuse you.

Heroes of the Stole Lands
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/5

or get this one - probably a lot more:

Portrait Pack
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/92

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
For some reason all my custom portraits appear pixelated in-game, I don't know why
Probably not the right height*width. Maybe try to adjust according to the initial portraits in some Windows Paint or smth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom