Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Syme

Arbiter
Is the 5th level spell "Wracking Ray" from CotW bugged? Once I apply empower spell, it actually more than doubles it instead of a 50% increase, so you end up doing up to 45 STR and DEX damage on failed save, or 22 on a successful one. With a maximize rod, you then get to one-shot almost anything, regardless of whether they save or not, including the late game dragon boss:

pfFmWLI.jpg

Also, it actually shouldn't reduce ability scores below 1 and kill things. As per PnP rules, it should work like a bigger version of Ray of Enfeeblement that sets them to 1 at most.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys. A question. Elemental bloodline arcana - water picks an spell and modify the damage to cold. Does the feats and etc which increase the DC for cold spells stack with the spell changed into cold?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I beg your pardon, we are all here because of something we like. It's the main reason actually. Also, it's generaly more respectable to offer inspiration of wisdom instead of imposing it.

Then stop imposing your wisdom about how to give advice on me. Seriously.

I know what norms you're trying to enforce and they suck. Find new ones.

Secondly, what you said about running is not what I described. Or I must've described it poorly. If you are interested, look up the Heki Ryu / Koshiya Kumiyumi, but think reverse. Then add much more mobile, much more sparse and individual positioning.

Sounds like you'll enjoy trying to get your archers in position to avoid cover in CotW.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Is the 5th level spell "Wracking Ray" from CotW bugged? Once I apply empower spell, it actually more than doubles it instead of a 50% increase, so you end up doing up to 45 STR and DEX damage on failed save, or 22 on a successful one. With a maximize rod, you then get to one-shot almost anything, regardless of whether they save or not, including the late game dragon boss:

pfFmWLI.jpg

Also, it actually shouldn't reduce ability scores below 1 and kill things. As per PnP rules, it should work like a bigger version of Ray of Enfeeblement that sets them to 1 at most.

Looks bugged. If you report it, Holic will fix it, just mind the format.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I beg your pardon, we are all here because of something we like. It's the main reason actually. Also, it's generaly more respectable to offer inspiration of wisdom instead of imposing it.

Neh, I know you can do better then being passively-aggressive, blindly imposing on his own imposing, wannabe-tough-guy. So good work on them free inspirations again. You did those pretty alright :3

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Darn ghosh, all of you who try to install some mods for the first time. Take heed and take care!
Really quite a few of mods on Nexus can destroy your savegames in a corellation with the newer versions of the game.

PanDupa

Educated
Can anyone say how much call of the wild change the balance of the game? Does it become easier since you have more feats and classes?

Cover and Proper Flanking make it significantly harder. If you know what you're doing from playing vanilla you can figure out ways to solve the problems those create, which is fun.

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to play now on hard with cotw + flanking but I'm getting destroyed pretty much by everything

Desiderius

Patron
No reason to start on Hard ever. I still usually start on Challenging myself and only go up to Hard sometime around lvl 5-8 and maybe to Unfair after depending how attentive I want to be.

Yosharian

Arcane
Darn ghosh, all of you who try to install some mods for the first time. Take heed and take care!
Really quite a few of mods on Nexus can destroy your savegames in a corellation with the newer versions of the game.
All the mods listed on my page are safe to use though

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah my Holic selections just broke for the last time. They don't break often, but it's often enough. Your page looks great, Yosh.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Leveling tweak / Respec mod from Nexus with "disable class restrictions".

...lemme just... Ah, there it is! A trip-by-default-sneak-attacking-pounce-able fighting machine formerly called a Leopard. Just because thiis is how *real* world *really* works :bounce:

Leopard.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

...lemme just... Ah, there it is! A trip-by-default-sneak-attacking-pounce-able fighting machine formerly called a Leopard. Just because thiis is how *real* world *really* works :bounce:

Leopard.jpg
Uh dude, Divine Hunter/Primal Companion Hunter gets them flying and have energy attacks. I got a centipede with wings.

This just dropped this afternoon lol:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Simple way to solve that problem: Look for mods that are still being updated, because even if they are bugged, they will fix it. Thus I never installed the Swashbuckler mod. That was updated before TB was introduced, no updates means I'm not going to risk it.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Simple way to solve that problem: Look for mods that are still being updated, because even if they are bugged, they will fix it. Thus I never installed the Swashbuckler mod. That was updated before TB was introduced, no updates means I'm not going to risk it.
Yep, thank you. Or perhaps also making a safe save first and test a while.

Two of the perpetrators are: Closer To Tabletop, Stolen Land Encounters

I guess that I wasn't prepared for the mod destroing the saves. For example moding Skyrim or F:NV, heck, even BG BWP, if anything - destroyed the possiblity to run the game in general :D So, one knew, the reinstall is in order. Destroying just the saves is new to me. "Warning, you are loading a save that no longer has some of the items prior to..." was the most I've gotten.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Uh dude, Divine Hunter/Primal Companion Hunter gets them flying and have energy attacks. I got a centipede with wings.

This just dropped this afternoon lol:

Oh, nice! Seeing such possibilities, I guess I will then silently depart to the Western Lands and pondering my life's failure, meditating with Rimmer surrounded in peace by 42 frolicing Cleric/Ninja/Outsider persistently-stone-skinned, blurred, quatro-dexterous Kobolds.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Yep, thank you. Or perhaps also making a safe save first and test a while.

Two of the perpetrators are: Closer To Tabletop, Stolen Land Encounters

I guess that I wasn't prepared for the mod destroing the saves. For example moding Skyrim or F:NV, heck, even BG BWP, if anything - destroyed the possiblity to run the game in general :D So, one knew, the reinstall is in order. Destroying just the saves is new to me. "Warning, you are loading a save that no longer has some of the items prior to..." was the most I've gotten.
Yeah, a lot changed in the game with 2.15, when they added TB. So the olds mods won't work unless they've been updated for that. I think that was October 15th, 2020. So my natural instinct is to not bother with anything that hasn't been updated before... December or something. I figure that if the modder is back to update his mod, it's likely he's becoming active again. Less of a probability he's just updating and then leaving again, without checking for bugs or maintaining. My psychoanalysis at least. lo

Edit: Oh nice, Holic fixed that you can't TWF and Flurry at the same time. This is important because Flurry is essentially TWF, as you're just hitting with any part of your body for one extra hit at -2. So in fact if you were dual wielding and flurrying, you would not get a separate TWF penalty. Nor would you get an extra attack, really, as your weapon or your knee is already taken into account with the Flurry extra attacks. Very good, in fact, because I just found a Sai that hits 3 times a round lol.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Either the latest Tweak or Treats or the latest CoTW (both today) are bugged. Works fine after I rolled back to the version right before, well, the ones I used last night. Ima try one and then the other

COTW fugging it up. Dont update yet. Damnit holic lol

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Flurry never has had a penalty in P:K.

PnPers...

Just confirmed this week that you can dual-wield Sais and also Flurry, which is even better in CotW because off-hand gets iteratives without additional feats.

Six attax at level 7 (started with Thug 4). Could have been 7 but Sage Counselor trades Ki Extra Attack for a Feint.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

PnPers...

Just confirmed this week that you can dual-wield Sais and also Flurry, which is even better in CotW because off-hand gets iteratives without additional feats.

Six attax at level 7 (started with Thug 4). Could have been 7 but Sage Counselor trades Ki Extra Attack for a Feint.
It seems like it doesn't give iteratives to off-hand, only 1 then 2 extra attacks primary at full BAB. And then I get a penalty for TWF. This is with two monk weapons yeah.

Edit: OH I'm thinking about the Chained Monk in terms of the -2. Well either way, I should not be getting a TWF penalty because I am flurrying, not TWF.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

PnPers...

It seems like it doesn't give iteratives to off-hand, only 1 then 2 extra attacks primary at full BAB. And then I get a penalty for TWF. This is with two monk weapons yeah.

Edit: OH I'm thinking about the Chained Monk in terms of the -2. Well either way, I should not be getting a TWF penalty because I am flurrying, not TWF.

I don't think I understand. TWF means having two weapons. Flurry, shouldn't mean you use one weapon out of two two times? But I am fairly new to "D&D 3.75" i don't know for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom