Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I play with no sound and good music on headphones and/or listening for sleeping boys. Don’t miss much.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I found the voiceover perfectly matching the characters and their personalities. May be being on the fringes of so called "civilization" helps to steer clear of any "disneyresqueness" in my mind.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Im getting filtered by this viscount smolderborn on challenging. Party lvl 4, I dont have anything to strip him from magic, only true strike wand cant be equiped by dwarf, dont have electricity resist. Whats the fool proof way to kill it?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Im getting filtered by this viscount smolderborn on challenging. Party lvl 4, I dont have anything to strip him from magic, only true strike wand cant be equiped by dwarf, dont have electricity resist. Whats the fool proof way to kill it?
Go away and return with Electricity resist.

Desiderius

Patron

Don’t

Desiderius

Patron
It's such a shame they nerfed spider swarms. With them, the filtration of morons was happening earlier.

At least that one had a quest.

You can get Resist Energy at lvl 3 or buy the Communal Scroll if you’re determined to play the game wrong.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The game would be better if they added an option to already start with full custom party. Gonna play with plot companions just to see the side quests, but i hope that they will add this option in the future in some patch. And i know that you can recruit them, but there's no way you can afford that crap at the beginning for full party.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Its base version. The lady asked for 2000 gold to recruit additional companions when i had 4. Now i have six. Well i will probably pirate DLCs from cs rin ru.

Edit: Im beginning to like the combat, maybe more than PoE. Wish it had more informative UI for beginners to pathfinder and D&D. I can't find exact number of hitpoints a damaged creature has, it only shows it starting full HP hitpoints or the vague healthbar.

After killing Stag Lord you get this big exposition of the region history. Why they couldn't move that to intro? Would be easier to digest and understand with some narrated animation/slideshow and definitely more interesting and captivating.

The game is Pozzed, two faggots with child[adopted?] want to build a house in MY kingdom

0VxyptF.png

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Wow.

I have both COTW and Arms and armor. Holic changed the target of opportunity whatever to be a toggle. Armsandarmor didn't have that updated. So with everything updated, my save was broken. It was fine after I reverted, so no biggie.

...And today I just unbroke my save game by hunting down GUIDs on github and then matching it to the *.jsons within the save file...

I even fixed something else in my save game, as one of my mercs couldn't be removed from the party. Now he can.

I hate coding but I have a history of obsessively reverse-engineering script lol.

Edit: Cool, made the Starknife throwable. Doesn't have an offhand throwing animation tho, bugs out trying to dual wield.

Ohh okay, it for some reason doesn't show the attack rolls in the combat log so I probably just missed a lot. Heh. Okay enough playing round.

There's a half-finished Shuriken that can be thrown though lol. It has a placeholder icon. Weirdly it seems to look fine.

Actually they animate like darts. Maybe they were lazy and decided, fuck it, don't feel like making an icon. So.. they still left feats for it sigh

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Memorize as many Resist Energy's and Remove Fear's as possible, then have Jaethal be the tank in that fight. The fight starts right after resting for your convenience.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
The game would be better if they added an option to already start with full custom party. Gonna play with plot companions just to see the side quests, but i hope that they will add this option in the future in some patch. And i know that you can recruit them, but there's no way you can afford that crap at the beginning for full party.
They added the capability of modding the game, so who cares if you customize your companions vs. waiting for them to officially let you customize you companions?

Just don't cheese it. Which, yes, takes some mental effort to decide the cheese limit. But you're a big boy, you can figure it out.

The way I do it, I never modify their original ability rolls so that's an easy handicap. Tristian still has his shitty-ass ability scores.

Or you can go with +20 point buy, which is.. actually, a neat idea, because if you look at it ~from a certain point of view~ it would be like rolling custom mercs that had personality, quests, and dialogue.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
On one hand, I understand that after playing this game for hundreds of hours (as probably one of the eriuses did) it's OK to spice it up with some mods.

On the other hand, I don't understand why people put up with the CotW's idiotic developer instead of playing the beta WotR. It is a new game, you know.

On another hand (wherever it might be) I think that several first playthroughs should be either unmodded or modded very lightly. Like, using only the mods that reduce the save file bloat. Otherwise, a player robs himself of the genuine game experience.

On another another hand - to each his own.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Xamenos Haha thanks. But I just have a habit of breaking things that I've learned a shitload of tricks to making things work again.

Also, I just specced for fun to be a TWF throwing Magus. How? Eldritch Archer = you don't need an free hand. I did check on the tabletop message boards, yes, and it seems to be the case. Though I think the reasoning was that it's most likely weaker than a regular bow. Also MAD since you can't get Trained Throw. But it's fun ha. I have Point blank master and snapshot on it. Almost like I'm a Zen Archer.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
On one hand, I understand that after playing this game for hundreds of hours (as probably one of the eriuses did) it's OK to spice it up with some mods.

On the other hand, I don't understand why people put up with the CotW's idiotic developer instead of playing the beta WotR. It is a new game, you know.

On another hand (wherever it might be) I think that several first playthroughs should be either unmodded or modded very lightly. Like, using only the mods that reduce the save file bloat. Otherwise, a player robs himself of the genuine game experience.

On another another hand - to each his own.

The only kinds of mods I install on a first playthrough are QOL type mods and UI mods, or portrait mods, if I need them, I always leave the gameplay as is. If developers have gone to the trouble of crafting an experience for me, I feel obliged to get my money's worth out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom