Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Haven't checked in awhile but think it still is. Needs to be since Rays have hard time competing with weapons even with it.

Jae14Tranformation.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius is essentially saying that all you need to do is open the encyclopedia, re-play the game three times, read through the pathfinder rulebook, learn programming and extract the source code from the game to find the relevant ini.file in order to learn the exact calculation.

No, I'm pretty sure Desiderius is grotesquely offended by the suggestion that you need to read the pathfinder rulebook online or do anything other than replaying the game eight times along with right clicking on every pixel of the interface.

No, I just explained that I myself was put off by "having" to use d20 so much, then once I started looking realized to my own embarrassment how much was already there.

The only difference between us is that one of us can admit when he's wrong.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius is essentially saying that all you need to do is open the encyclopedia, re-play the game three times, read through the pathfinder rulebook, learn programming and extract the source code from the game to find the relevant ini.file in order to learn the exact calculation.

I'll speak for myself thanks, dipshit.

If you expect to find it you can, if you don't then you bitch and suck.

Your choice.

Tell me, have you found where in-game it tells you the primary casting stat for your magic users? Seeing as that is basically the most important knowledge you need to know. Or bonus spells for high stat?

Even for someone with decades of experience in 3rd ed D&D, I know the classes but figuring out the archetypes is basically trial and error except for one or two that have some information in the description.

Saravan

Savant
Tell me, have you found where in-game it tells you the primary casting stat for your magic users? Seeing as that is basically the most important knowledge you need to know. Or bonus spells for high stat?

Please you are going to trigger another screenshot avalanche.

Yosharian

Arcane
He's not entirely wrong, the fact that there appears not to be an encyclopedia entry on spell DC is quite laughable

Edit: oh I see it's buried in the Magic section. Oh well.

Saravan

Savant

No, I'm pretty sure Desiderius is grotesquely offended by the suggestion that you need to read the pathfinder rulebook online or do anything other than replaying the game eight times along with right clicking on every pixel of the interface.

No, I just explained that I myself was put off by "having" to use d20 so much, then once I started looking realized to my own embarrassment how much was already there.

Even in the example you provided yourself you had to go down to Magic > Saving throws to find a calculation for DC hidden in the sixth paragraph which also presupposes the reader understands the ability score only affects it at rounded numbers. This is some next level fanboying.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What? The whole point is that it's applied not only on hellfire rays, but halves of Hellfire rays. Sneak attack gets applied 6 times for a 3 ray spell. Even going with the assumption that the rules are intentionally changes to make individual rays get individual sneak attack damage, it's broken.
Yes, it's broken because Hellfire Ray has two sources of damage: half its damage is fire and the other half is unholy. Somehow, Owlcat royally fucked up the implementation of attacks with split damage like Hellfire Ray and, as a result, certain types of damage bonuses apply twice. For example, since the quarterstaff Ruin deals split damage (half bludgeoning, half force), you get to apply Sneak Attack and Smite Evil damage bonuses to both damage sources; that's how you can kill the Spawn of Rovagug in a single turn with a Paladin.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Even in the example you provided yourself you had to go down to Magic > Saving throws to find a calculation for DC hidden in the sixth paragraph which also presupposes the reader understands the ability score only affects it at rounded numbers. This is some next level fanboying.

You mean that +5 near charisma? Why it is +5 and not +6? This is the modifier added to DC of spell?
Zng1Ybb.png

Desiderius

Patron
I thank God every day that my ego is no longer tied up in always being right.

What a massive fucking relief.

Desiderius

Patron
Do the math. When you hit level 8 it will be.

Get there.

Linzi CHR.jpg

Linzi13Bigskillcheck.jpg

Linzi Initiative.jpg

Linzi Skills.jpg

Linzi Dispel.jpg

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
the magiko is weak
no, here look at all this broken bullshit
oe vey woe me this is all some broken bullshit, why is it not in a tutorial????

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Do the math. When you hit level 8 it will be.

Get there.

So what is the formula? All i see 21-15=6, then it says that modifier is +5, which would imply 20-15.
The modifier bonus is equal to round_down(raw stat -10)/2. In the case of Linzi with 21 Cha, its round_down(21-10)/2 = 5.

Thanks. This formula should be in the game when i hover over the final value. Generally speaking all final values derived from modifier calculation, should have formulas when on hover. Only base, self explanatory, non immutable values like character base stats should be without tooltip, because there's no calculation involved.

Desiderius

Patron
10 is +0
12 is +1
14 is +2

Etc...

This is something you do see in character creation when assigning points.

Desiderius

Patron
That's d20. We already covered that.

I learned the game using that because I stupidly believed people that told me that there was no info in-game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
More sincerely, if the aim is to ensure that people don't misrepresent the holy game and actually L2P, etc. then actually giving direction to a fairly comprehensive encyclopedia + the game resources seems to be a better way to go than whatever endless screenshot flipbook was going on here. The autistic leading the blind. ;)

Desiderius yeah, completely effectively covered that. That was so clear from the responses you were getting. If anyone listening to you was anymore illuminated, they'd be blind.

Sharpedge

Prophet
More sincerely, if the aim is to ensure that people don't misrepresent the holy game and actually L2P, etc. then actually giving direction to a fairly comprehensive encyclopedia + the game resources seems to be a better way to go than whatever endless screenshot flipbook was going on here. The autistic leading the blind. ;)

Desiderius yeah, completely effectively covered that. That was so clear from the responses you were getting. If anyone listening to you was anymore illuminated, they'd be blind.
Hmm ignoring the obvious sarcasm, I am not sure if the intention of this metaphor is to state that they are currently even worse off than blind and you are taking them from worse than blind to blind, or if the intention is to state that hes so illuminating that the light puts out your eyes. I need some clarity here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom