Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
After playing some more i think the game is very woke, but at least it's sidetracked to companion quests and themselves, which aren't essential.

Erebus

Arcane
After playing some more i think the game is very woke, but at least it's sidetracked to companion quests and themselves, which aren't essential.

If you don't feel like fighting the patriarchy, then some companion quests may not be to your liking.

The patriarchy is literally the final boss of the game, though.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

If you don't feel like fighting the patriarchy, then some companion quests may not be to your liking.

The patriarchy is literally the final boss of the game, though.

The quests are on the side of the patriarchy. Beating the patriarchy is going against the grain of the quests.

Amiri: Taming of the Shrew (Working Class)
Val: Taming of the Shrew (Professional Class)
Jae: Be a mom not a thot, kill the miserable SJW who sacrificed her own kids for her career
Ekun: be a dad not a cad. Kill the thot help the waifu
Harrim: men wrecking shit that needs wrecking is needed
Tristian: don’t be a simp for some thot
Jewb: nobody lives forever (so have kids = be a patriarch)
Nok: man up and be a hero. Even Goblins can do it
Octavia: don’t sell your kids into slavery for status
Reg: cant remember but something about his tribe getting wrecked because they didn’t honor family

Main quest: ambitious chix end up hosing good men (see Damore) trying to suck up to a few old assholes.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
KM is pretty great. The only issue I have with it the Region Upgrades. "Royal Hunting Grounds" - no effect. :argh:

:argh: fuck you, asshole, then why put it in the game?!? Oh... you pillaged the Temple of the Elk... well tough luck, bitch...!!! :argh:

Actually wait, that sounds pretty great actually. C&C :dealwithit:

Except Silverstep. No one likes Silverstep.
Not sure which they were, but I vaguely remember receiving a higher bonus (+10 to +30, can't really remember) to some kingdom stat(s) from at least two of the said. And that it has suprised me because, yea, it said "No speciall effect".

Desiderius

Patron
It was so annoying. Obviously wouldn’t be there if it didn’t do something, but never felt like trashing my game to find out what. Whole KM was mailed in at that point. Insulting.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

If all you are is a puritan, everything looks like having church-approved kids in a church-approved marriage.

Desiderius

Patron
If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

If all you are is a puritan, everything looks like having church-approved kids in a church-approved marriage.

I approve of games made by Russkie Puritans then. Hope they make more.

My olive branch to all the stronk wimmen simps:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you're wearing The Cloak of the Lion, and your alignment changes into LG, you have to unequip and reequip the item for the +3 to turn into a +5.

Not sure if this is spagetti code, or just something the engine cannot do.

Gargaune

Magister
If you're wearing The Cloak of the Lion, and your alignment changes into LG, you have to unequip and reequip the item for the +3 to turn into a +5.

Not sure if this is spagetti code, or just something the engine cannot do.
That's not really indicative of spaghetti code, probably just an oversight with item stats processing on equip/unequip. If the game doesn't have a lot of use cases for equipment changing while equipped, it's an easy edge case to miss.

P.S. I was curious so I just checked, NWN handles things similarly. For instance, if you have an item restricted to a particular Alignment and you shift from it while it's equipped, it won't automatically get removed. It's only after you remove it manually that it becomes unequippable.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
What build would be best against the last part of the game, ie. house at the end of time? I find it tedious with plot companions to kill these ghostly guards. They are basically immune to will abilities, can't be crit/sneak attacked, can't be poisoned. The only way i see it is literally a brute force and damage dealing spells. It's extremely annoying to rest after clearing each room.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Buy scrolls of Mass Heal?

In general yeah, spells are your best bet. Other then Mass Heal, Stormbolts are your best bet AFAIR. Fortunately they are both on Arcane and Divine spell lists.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What build would be best against the last part of the game, ie. house at the end of time?

if you don't mind the most boring kinds of cheese, kineticists are downright dumb. they work around all immunities of all enemies and deal the game's largest radius of aoe damage that doesn't harm allies. basically all upside no downside

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What build would be best against the last part of the game, ie. house at the end of time?

if you don't mind the most boring kinds of cheese, kineticists are downright dumb. they work around all immunities of all enemies and deal the game's largest radius of aoe damage that doesn't harm allies. basically all upside no downside

Actually their aoe moves do harm allies. But other then that, yeah, they are a good bet to trivialize the game, particularly with magma Deadly Earth (and maybe Cloud for good measure).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Actually their aoe moves do harm allies. But other then that, yeah, they are a good bet to trivialize the game, particularly with magma Deadly Earth (and maybe Cloud for good measure).

Oh, I thought they did. I only used one once in my first (uncompleted save) and I almost instantly dropped it after using Deadly Earth a few times. It even killed the difficulty of one of the game's only lategame challenges - the swarms.

Desiderius

Patron
What build would be best against the last part of the game, ie. house at the end of time? I find it tedious with plot companions to kill these ghostly guards. They are basically immune to will abilities, can't be crit/sneak attacked, can't be poisoned. The only way i see it is literally a brute force and damage dealing spells. It's extremely annoying to rest after clearing each room.

They're vulnerable to Sonic Stuns, Slows, and Blinds. Force and Divine damage bypasses their damage reduction.
Some things Ghosts aren't immune to.jpg

Fortitude is weak save for both Ghosts and Fae so late game Bard switches from Enchant to Evo. If you still have a Bard that is. You do, don't you?

Desiderius

Patron

I haven't found them to be as trivial as advertised. Kiting + persistent AoEs is something that you can do in general I guess but seems like more of a pain than just killing shit, at which Kineticist is good but far from easy to get there. They don't have a ton of tools to hit with their physical Blasts and their Energy Blasts have to deal with SR outside of Pure Flame.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
One of the game's few good story moments, I agree. RIP :cry:

Though

somewhat of a cop-out that she still got to live in a way[/quote]

In general the very last parts of the game had some decent storytelling.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom