Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Why is Jaethal better than the Storyteller for Culture? I was under the impression he was the best

Jaethal also has pretty mediocre Charisma sooo
See the page I linked. She's the only one who can give you the best outcome in the last rank up event.

PWOtbKV.png

Storyteller is actually the worst advisor here. If you listen to his advice then artists will leave your lands because you're not making them dependent on your support.

At that point it doesn’t matter stats get to ten with two chapters left. Yeah think I figured out that ST is just a fill in but Linzi place is culture.

There is a Hard setting for KM but haven’t heard of anyone playing it.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Jaethaifu is not only the best culture advisor, she is also the best waifu.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Well shit. What is Storyteller good for then?

Making artifacts and giving money for dryad tokens?
Usually in Kingmaker evil advisors are better than the good or neutral ones, Kanerah, Tsanna, Vordakai and Jaethal give better options and outcome.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
evil advisors are better

That's... not the case. Where do you even get this nonsense?

Evil Treasurers and their high taxes were what was sending everyone's KM into a downward spiral causing them to rage quit.

current ranks.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
evil advisors are better

That's... not the case. Where do you even get this nonsense?

Evil Treasurers and their high taxes were what was sending everyone's KM into a downward spiral causing them to rage quit.

View attachment 24186

I get this "nonsense" by having played the game.

Do you even know Kanerah unique treasurer option to begin with...? It's even better that the ancap "river kingdom and freedom blah blah"

Also by using Kanerah you get a project that makes you move 20% faster on mountaineous terrains (in the world map).

Desiderius

Patron
You get the mountaineering project from saving the twins, not using Kanerah. It’s a little tricky to unlock it before Talon Peak. I can’t remember what the trigger is but it isn’t using Kanerah. Very important to have it before Vord Tomb although more important to get Aviary up in Silvermere.

I mean the idea that Evil advisors are best. I’m not saying that good advisors are - you can see I’ve got a mix - but I know that Evil = best is wrong. Ancap is ridiculously good if you take the loan to get teleporters up ASAP. You’re swimming in BP by midgame.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Tsanna blessing of Lamathsu is the best divine blessing.
Vordakai unlocks a better mage tower that helps you with arcane, that you will need if you were researching all the curses (as this makes your arcane so bad compared even to espionage considering you get it much earlier).
Kanerah kingdom event 6 > ancap, you just need to avoid fucking up the kingdom status and you will get more gold if built right (also her event about the mint).
And Jaethal has the best outcome for the culture line.

Desiderius

Patron
Vordakai unlocks a better mage tower that helps you with arcane, that you will need if you were researching all the curses (as this makes your arcane so bad compared even to espionage considering you get it much earlier).
Kanerah kingdom event 6 > ancap, you just need to avoid fucking up the kingdom status and you will get more gold if built right (also her event about the mint).

You don’t need gold and I get all the curses done just fine - gives Octavia/Harrim something to do in downtime. You make sure to spend your advantage rolls well you get the ranks up fast just on events. Taking the loan lets you get Arcane rolling fast which you need to get Teleporters up early.

Ancap keeps you Serene even if random shit messes it up and that’s ultimately what’s most important tho I think I was just going middle road with Jub on that one - switching Jub over to Espionage when Varn shows up. He’s not great but by then Econ is already VII or whatever.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

You don’t need gold and I get all the curses done just fine - gives Octavia/Harrim something to do in downtime. You make sure to spend your advantage rolls well you get the ranks up fast just on events. Taking the loan lets you get Arcane rolling fast which you need to get Teleporters up early.

Ancap keeps you Serene even if random shit messes it up and that’s ultimately what’s most important tho I think I was just going middle road with Jub on that one - switching Jub over to Espionage when Varn shows up. He’s not great but by then Econ is already VII or whatever.

You don't need the evil advisors to finish the game, you can with anyone. We were discussing the powergaming options, and beside Bart (if is he is evil as I don't remember), all evils have usually the best ones.

Yosharian

Arcane
Well, can you guys help me out with a rough guide to which advisors are best worse for each category? I had the following data on my page but I guess it needs to be updated, I updated the Culture one now.

Community
Role: Regent
Key ability score: Charisma
Options: Valerie, Octavia, Lander Lebeda
Best choice: Valerie, Octavia
Worst choice: Lander

Loyalty
Role: Councillor
Key ability score: Wisdom
Options: Tristian, Shandra Mervey, Tsanna
Best choice: Shandra Mervey
Worst choice: Tristian

Military
Role: General
Key ability score: Strength
Options: Amiri, Regongar, Kassil Aldori
Best choice: any of these three will do fine

Economy
Role: Treasurer
Key ability score: Intelligence
Options: Jubilost, Kanerah, Bartholomew, Maegar
Best choice: Jubilost

Divine
Role: High Priest
Key ability score: Wisdom
Options: Harrim, Jhod, Tsanna
Best choice: Jhod or Harrim

Relations
Role: Grand Diplomat
Unlocks at: Community IV
Options: Valerie, Linzi, Bartholomew
Best choice: Bartholomew or Valerie
Worst choice: Linzi

Stability

Role: Warden
Key ability score: Constitution
Unlocks at: Military IV
Options: Regongar, Ekundayo, Kesten
Best choice: Kesten, since the others have relatively low Constitution

Arcane
Role: Magister
Key ability score: Intelligence
Unlocks at: Divine IV
Options: Octavia, The Storyteller, Vordakai
Best choice: The Storyteller

Culture
Role: Curator
Unlocks at: Loyalty IV
Options: Linzi, Jaethal, The Storyteller
Best choice: Jaethal

Espionage
Role: Minister
Key ability score: Dexterity
Unlocks at: Relations IV
Options: Jaethal, Jubilost, Ekundayo
Best choice: any of these three will do fine

Yosharian

Arcane
For Stability I would be interested in whether Ekun/Regongar would make good choices providing you respecced their CON to be their highest stat.

Desiderius

Patron

You don't need the evil advisors to finish the game, you can with anyone. We were discussing the powergaming options, and beside Bart (if is he is evil as I don't remember), all evils have usually the best ones.

Dude I posted the pic. What's the point of getting your stats higher than that? I've already got double what you need for X with two chapters to go. And I don't agree that Evil is the best if you're using the wrong metric.

tky

Literate
Why the hell would you ever consider stacking so many AB penalties?
Because some mobs are easy to hit, like mandragoras. I obviously didn't run around with it on all the time.
Speaking of AB, I tried scanning the thread for this info, but I couldn't find it, so know that both Power Attack and Piranha Strike can be stacked on finnessable weapons, that is if you have the AB to spare. It isn't supposed to from what tabletop players have told me, but it works in game.

Well, if you can already only hit on a 20, you might as well shoot for the moon with it. :lol:
True.

tky

Literate
Any way to install mods in Linux?
As far as I know, you can run Unity Mod Manager through mono. I haven't tried it myself, and my current computer can't handle Kingmaker, so I can't offer you better pointers. But I do remember the mod's author being around /r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker on Reddit trying to get UMM working on both Mac and Linux. You could, maybe, search over there to see if you can find anything else on it, or try the mod's area on Nexus.

Cael

Arcane
So, I started messing around with the game. Knowing the kind of fucktarded sjw wymmyn stronk paizhit npcs they have and the retarded builds they foist on us in order to "prove" the same, I am going to make up and entire team of mercs from level 1. Fuck paizhit and their soiboi cum-guzzlers.

The strategy I have come up with to fuck them with their own retarded, lazy stat bloat mechanics is basically run a team of 5 animal companions and a sage sorc/arcane trickster (purely for the Evil only +4 Int profane staff). With 2 clerics (1 normal Erastil, 1 Ecc Gozreh) and 2 slyvan sorcs, that should be plenty for buffs, debuffs, CC and other funtime whizz-bangs.

Alignment will be various flavours of Lawful, with the Baron being Lawful Good (so can't be the sorc sage/AT).

The questions that remain:
1. Should the 5th animal companion guy be a Sacred Huntsman for skill monkeying? Or get another cleric, druid or sorc?
2. Which of the lot would be the Baron? Should I go with the skill monkey Huntsman, or is the Sorc good enough?
3. Should I fuck the staff and just got for animal companion no 6?

Yosharian

Arcane
Enjoy buffing 5 pets lategame lmao, enough to drive anyone mad. I only had three and I gave up.

I have made what I think is pretty much the perfect Kingmaker party, requires mods though

Cael

Arcane
Enjoy buffing 5 pets lategame lmao, enough to drive anyone mad. I only had three and I gave up.

I have made what I think is pretty much the perfect Kingmaker party, requires mods though
Given cheats, I can pretty much romp through the game on super duper "Unfair" too. See how good I am at winning!!!

Anyway, settled on the Sacred Huntsman. Will get 2 Fey Sorc, 1 Sage Sorc and 2 Clerics as mercs. Should be hilarious nuking everything in sight

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've been playing this again, finishing the story for an old character. In some ways it's actually a better game than WOTR (though I do like that a lot too). PFK is more contained, and is the better for it, plus I also think the Fey make a more sinister and weird enemy than the Demons, and the kingdom management is actually more engaging than the skippable crusade combats. It's noticeably older graphics-wise ofc, but that's not a huge problem. The QOL tweaks of WOTR are nice, but again, the lack of them isn't a deal breaker. PFK is still an eminently playable game.

Anyway, the thing I wanted to give a heads-up is that when I was re-checking mods for this, I was looking for something as good as Bubble Buff is for WOTR, and there's nothing like that. There's BuffBot of course, but it's a bit fiddly to use with its UMM interface. However, there is a rather neat little thing called Pathfinder Auto Buff. It's not under development any more (last upload Oct 2021) and it doesn't handle metamagic very well, but for your basic setup of long, medium and short buffs, it's actually pretty easy to use - you basically just record a sequence of buffing (i.e. you hit a record button, do the buffs manually with your wee guys and the prog records the sequence), save it as a sequence and play it back (with a handy little in-game menu). The fun thing about it is that it actually plays back the animations and chants and fx when it plays back the buffing sequence. I suppose some might find that annoying (chat has requests to skip the anims ofc :) ), but i find it rather sustains a bit of immersion (i.e. the buffing feels more like it's part of the virtual world rather than a meta thing you're doing - though it's a bit comically frantic when they're all doing the buffing all at once :) ).

Shame it's not still in development, but it's good enough for the basics. It wouldn't be good if you were chopping and changing your party a lot, but it's good enough if you're working with a stable party that you don't change much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom