Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Yosharian

Arcane
My bard build doesn't even use any mods. The only thing it uses that is from a mod is the boots just so fucking Mandragora swarms aren't a PITA. Those boots aren't important to the build. It's all built off vanilla mechanics.

I might add that Desiderius is the one who showed me how to dip one level in Fey Sorc to get +2 to Enchantment DCs. I even credited him at the bottom of the page.

If Cael is too braindead to follow my very simple build explanation then that's not my problem.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Same thing with my MC build: it is entirely built off vanilla mechanics, with only the boots being obtained through the Better Vendors mods because I just hate Mandy swarms.

If you prefer to get your stats drained without saves by swarms then just don't use those boots. So no, my MC build doesn't use mods.

More ignorance.

Yosharian

Arcane
Don't let the actual facts get in the way of a good circle jerk though, you guys have fun

If you could just clean up afterwards though that'd be great

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
:avatard:
Who are you even talking to, Yosharian? You've got a chain posting spergout to ... something that stopped at least a few hours prior and it's not actually clear what you're whining about. :lol:

I can't imagine where the "Budget Lilura" thing comes from. I'm just amused to see it coming up elsewhere.

Yosharian

Arcane
Who am I responding to? Cael said my bard was modded, and Desi said my MC was modded. Both incorrect statements.

I thought that was clear shrug

Also you implied that I was using buffs that weren't in vanilla

Desiderius

Patron
Same thing with my MC build: it is entirely built off vanilla mechanics, with only the boots being obtained through the Better Vendors mods because I just hate Mandy swarms.

If you prefer to get your stats drained without saves by swarms then just don't use those boots. So no, my MC build doesn't use mods.

More ignorance.

Jae is immune to Swarm drain. There are solutions to every issue in game already.

Cael

Arcane
"My MC is not modded!!!!! Well, except for that one thing that covers its most glaring weakness, but it is so totally LEGIT!!!!!"
- Lil' Lil.

Desiderius

Patron
I think the Domain thing is in Vanilla.

What glaring weakness do the boots cover?

Point being he's doing the endgame design thing that ignores the experience of playing the game.

Jaethal is too bored and edgy for me to take her along. I find the best way to deal with Mandragora swarms are Slow, Obsidian Flow, and Sirrocco spells. I tired using Fiery Body, but my casters were too fragile to stand up to the DPS. Having Jubilost or The Twins are also tremendously helpful.

My parties are usually caster heavy, so no shortage of AoEs for me. I never tried Waves of Exhaustion, but that might work with a character using Fiery Body to kite. They're still irksome though.

Desiderius

Patron
There is an argument that the Domain CHR-bonus is balanced by the fact that you can't use Linzi as an Intimidator with it or you lose the bonus.

It's outweighed by the size I think.

Also several of the items Yosharian is using are available by midgame if you run your Kingdom well, which makes beating saves with Linzi viable on Unfair, but just barely.

You're not rolling through everything, especially bosses, with her.

Yosharian

Arcane
No, it's definitely not a guaranteed thing even with 42 DC. Monarchs for example have a base Will save of +23/+24, and that's before stat inflation from Unfair (let alone modded Unfair that I use), so it's not like they are only succeeding on a 20. Bosses, well it depends on the boss but I imagine a lot of them will have immunities, but I'm not relying on my bard for bosses, I have hard CC from my sorc for them, and also my physical damage dealers will nuke bosses off the face of the earth, well that's the plan anyway.

Cael

Arcane
I think the Domain thing is in Vanilla.

What glaring weakness do the boots cover?

Point being he's doing the endgame design thing that ignores the experience of playing the game.
Mandagora swarm stat damage, I believe.

Regardless, I had a look at his builds when I was looking for inspiration for a build, and needless to say, I didn't find it there. It was pure shit, worse than InExile, and that guy was bad enough.

Desiderius

Patron
Swarms are a corner case.

And Yosharian runs circles around InEffective. My main beef with Yosh is that he's a sucker for broken stuff so can make the game uninteresting.

Cael

Arcane
Swarms are a corner case.

And Yosharian runs circles around InEffective. My main beef with Yosh is that he's a sucker for broken stuff so can make the game uninteresting.
You mean he exploits bugs, retarded implementations and generally be a complete munchkin that no sane group would want at their table. Yeah, I figured that out pretty darned fast when he squealed "INSTALL THIS MOD! IT GIVES YOU A CLASS/ABILITY/ITEM YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO MAKE YOUR PC COMPLETELY BROKEN AND INCREDIBLE!!!!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom