Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Swarms are a corner case.

And Yosharian runs circles around InEffective. My main beef with Yosh is that he's a sucker for broken stuff so can make the game uninteresting.
You mean he exploits bugs, retarded implementations and generally be a complete munchkin that no sane group would want at their table. Yeah, I figured that out pretty darned fast when he squealed "INSTALL THIS MOD! IT GIVES YOU A CLASS/ABILITY/ITEM YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO MAKE YOUR PC COMPLETELY BROKEN AND INCREDIBLE!!!!"

No, he’s played the game a lot and is good at it.

You’re doing that thing you did with the Ultima Underworld Paladin again.

Cael

Arcane

And Yosharian runs circles around InEffective. My main beef with Yosh is that he's a sucker for broken stuff so can make the game uninteresting.
You mean he exploits bugs, retarded implementations and generally be a complete munchkin that no sane group would want at their table. Yeah, I figured that out pretty darned fast when he squealed "INSTALL THIS MOD! IT GIVES YOU A CLASS/ABILITY/ITEM YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO MAKE YOUR PC COMPLETELY BROKEN AND INCREDIBLE!!!!"

I don't see the evidence. As I said, I looked through his build thread and one of the first things he said is to install mods that gives him access to classes and other stuff as they are critical to his builds. InExile, at least, works within vanilla and therefore has some usable ideas, even if his builds are ridiculous in many ways.

Desiderius

Patron

I don't see the evidence. As I said, I looked through his build thread and one of the first things he said is to install mods that gives him access to classes and other stuff as they are critical to his builds. InExile, at least, works within vanilla and therefore has some usable ideas, even if his builds are ridiculous in many ways.

The shoes aren't critical to what he's doing with Linzi. Swarms are very rare until House and um Linzi has other threats to deal with there.

As he said the Fey Sorc splash was something I suggested and it's decent but unspectacular. The rest is just extensive knowledge of the game (where to find the items you need and how to manage your Kingdom to get them on time) in combination with the Domain thing that makes her able to beat (most) saves on her own instead of what I had to do which was be more tactical about it and use her in different ways in different situations, often with help from party make-up.

I don't see anything there that qualifies as shit. Can you provide another example?

Cael

Arcane

The shoes aren't critical to what he's doing with Linzi. Swarms are very rare until House and um Linzi has other threats to deal with there.

As he said the Fey Sorc splash was something I suggested and it's decent but unspectacular. The rest is just extensive knowledge of the game (where to find the items you need and how to manage your Kingdom to get them on time) in combination with the Domain thing that makes her able to beat (most) saves on her own instead of what I had to do which was be more tactical about it and use her in different ways in different situations, often with help from party make-up.

I don't see anything there that qualifies as shit. Can you provide another example?
From his link:
=================================
Simple Guide to Modding
Since many of my builds now use mods I figured I'd write a simple guide to modding for those of you who are perhaps put off or intimidated by the idea of installing mods. It's really quite simple and there's no reason anyone should miss out on mods.

If you don't want to use mods you can still use these builds. You'll just have to modify some of the item setups and use mercenaries for the non-Baron builds. I do recommend using the Respecialization mod though because it's reasonably easy to use.
================================

You can stop reading right there. Fucking waste of time.

Desiderius

Patron

From his link:
Simple Guide to Modding
Since many of my builds now use mods I figured I'd write a simple guide to modding for those of you who are perhaps put off or intimidated by the idea of installing mods. It's really quite simple and there's no reason anyone should miss out on mods.

If you don't want to use mods you can still use these builds. You'll just have to modify some of the item setups and use mercenaries for the non-Baron builds. I do recommend using the Respecialization mod though because it's reasonably easy to use.

So you don't have any examples.

Cael

Arcane

From his link:
Simple Guide to Modding

So you don't have any examples.
"You can't use this with NPCs and have to buy mercs if you don't mod" is not good enough? Well, it is obvious why you are here, isn't it? You can fuck off with your lover. At least now I remember why I had you on Ignore. Back to the list you go. Taking you off was a mistake.

Yosharian

Arcane
At one point I did make some builds that didn't require the respec mod but I gave up on them because I just found them too boring.

I like the idea of completely controlling what I am doing with a character. That's just what interests me.

As I say at the top of the page, I shared my builds mainly for my own reference, and to be helpful to others - I'm not trying to dictate what you do with your game, so kindly fuck off from telling me what to do with my game.

Nobody forced you to read my page or my posts. Reminder that this whole thing started with you getting triggered like a little bitch because I posted my Bard's spell DC.

Cael

Arcane
Uses mercs himself then complains that I made a team that requires mercs

:deathclaw:
Nice attempt at trying to deflect your cheating, you lying piece of shit. Just because other people use mercs doesn't mean they are not allowed to criticise you using mods to cheat your way to a good "build". Not when you set yourself up to be some sort of "build God" of the game.

Yosharian

Arcane
wtf-thumb-face.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
This far after release, especially with a company that has shown they're now more devoted to pushing out new product than maintaining what they already have, mods are fine and enhance replayability.

The point is that the underlying concepts of his builds are solid in a way that Fextradeath or other clickbait guides aren't.

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
How's leveling supposed to work in this game? Should you turn on XP for all party members? Or should you only have it on for the teammembers you want to use, and level the rest up through training if you want to use them?

Also, are there any time penalties in the second half of the game? Or is it OK to skip days in your barony to get rid of quests and get dat BP?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
How's leveling supposed to work in this game? Should you turn on XP for all party members? Or should you only have it on for the teammembers you want to use, and level the rest up through training if you want to use them?

Also, are there any time penalties in the second half of the game? Or is it OK to skip days in your barony to get rid of quests and get dat BP?
Just leave it on for everyone imo. You can still make level 20 by the end of the game and sometimes you will want to or have to swap guys in and out, especially in the late game. The game is balanced around having XP sharing enabled at all times.

Desiderius

Patron
Once you’ve met six companions there’s no benefit to turning it off. It divides by six and gives it to everybody (many more than six eventually). You can play around with it to get more early if you want but ultimately not worth it.

Desiderius

Patron
There’s a master clock for each chapter based on the Bald Hilltop curse. You buy most of your BP but you spend most of your time leveling up kingdom ranks to unlock your artisans who have the best items and kingdom-wide bonuses.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Just leave it on for everyone imo. You can still make level 20 by the end of the game and sometimes you will want to or have to swap guys in and out, especially in the late game. The game is balanced around having XP sharing enabled at all times.

You CAN switch it to active party only at the beginning... but as Desiderius wrote, the gains are not significant and soon you should turn it off.

However if you play a skill monkey, there are possible huge gains from passing skillchecks with the option "Only skill user gets experience from skills". Early on Trickery trap disarming provides a lot of xp.
In the 2nd half of the game, you should focus on Persuasion, however. There's something like 2 levels worth of xp in late game Persuasion checks (particularly during the Codex side-quest in Act 5!). This leads to level 20 during Act 5, rather then at the end of the game.

Note this actually helps your other party members long-term, as there are at least 2 instances troughout the game when you get separated and the rest of the party xp-matches the main char upon rejoining.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

You CAN switch it to active party only at the beginning... but as Desiderius wrote, the gains are not significant and soon you should turn it off.

However if you play a skill monkey, there are possible huge gains from passing skillchecks with the option "Only skill user gets experience from skills". Early on Trickery trap disarming provides a lot of xp.
In the 2nd half of the game, you should focus on Persuasion, however. There's something like 2 levels worth of xp in late game Persuasion checks (particularly during the Codex side-quest in Act 5!). This least to level 20 during Act 5, rather then at the end of the game.

Note this actually helps your other party members long-term, as there are at least 2 instances troughout the game when you get separated and the rest of the party xp-matches the main char upon rejoining.
Stealing this.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In the 2nd half of the game, you should focus on Persuasion, however. There's something like 2 levels worth of xp in late game Persuasion checks (particularly during the Codex side-quest in Act 5!). This least to level 20 during Act 5, rather then at the end of the game.

Stealing this.
DC 36

Cael

Arcane
What Codex side quest? I completed Armag at level 17 or so, and am in Pitax. I don't see the side quest with a ton of XP.

Stoned Ape

Savant
What Codex side quest? I completed Armag at level 17 or so, and am in Pitax. I don't see the side quest with a ton of XP.
It's north-west of Pitax, and south-west of the lake. You should find a door in the middle of nowhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom