Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cael

Arcane
I play with 5 animal companions
Share your party builds, fellow animal companions circus enjoyer +M

Is the sixth character an Alchemist or something else?
PC: LG Human Sacred Huntmaster/Divine Hunter 2/Traditional Monk 2
Merc 1: LE Elf Vivi 1/Wizard/Arcane Trickster 10
Merc 2: NG Aasimar (Wis/Dex) Cleric 20 (Erastil, Animal/Community)
Merc 3: LG Aasimar (Wis/Dex) Cleric 20 (Erastil, Animal/Community)
Merc 4: LN Aasimar (Cha/Dex) Sylvan Sorc 20
Merc 5: TN Aasimar (Cha/Dex) Sylvan Sorc 20

Yosharian

Arcane
Endgame Ability Scores (fully-buffed):
STR: 13 (09 base, +6 Enhancement, -2 Maya's Charm)
DEX: 16 (10 base, +6 Enhancement)
CON: 20 (14 base, +6 Enhancement)
INT: 22 (14 base, +8 Enhancement)
WIS: 10 (10 base)
CHA: 42 (24 base, +8 Enhancement, +10 Touch of Glory)

Yosharian

Arcane
So here's one trick that I'm planning on using for my Bard. Some areas of the game, a Bard is pretty useless. Examples would be Vordakai's tomb since undead are immune to mind-affecting.

I figured to myself hmm how can I get a boost to my party's AB (like Inspire Courage) but not have an otherwise-useless party member.

And no, building my Bard into an incompetent physical damage dealer isn't the solution.

Cael

Arcane
ToG doesn't give +10 Cha. It gives +x to 1 Cha check.

Also, Linzi with 10 Cleric levels AND Sorcerer levels AND level 6 Bard spells? I am calling bullshit.

Yosharian

Arcane
So here's one trick that I'm planning on using for my Bard. Some areas of the game, a Bard is pretty useless. Examples would be Vordakai's tomb since undead are immune to mind-affecting.

I figured to myself hmm how can I get a boost to my party's AB (like Inspire Courage) but not have an otherwise-useless party member.

And no, building my Bard into an incompetent physical damage dealer isn't the solution.
So, what I realised was that I could respec Kalikke/Kanerah into whatever I wanted. Not to mention, it's perfectly reasonable to choose whatever Tiefling subrace I want, after all, it's not as if specific subraces are referenced in-game in dialogue or whatever.

So my plan is to have Kalikke as my Enchantment/Dispelling-focused Bard, and turn Kanerah into an Undead-killing Ranger. Ranger can give the party half their FE bonus, which turns out to be pretty similar to Inspire Courage.

So whenever I'm against undead, I just switch in Kanerah and activate the FE share ability thing and she goes to town with Serpent Prince. Kanerah is also pretty good period versus non-Undead trash mobs where I don't need the boost from Inspire Courage.

When I want Inspire Courage, or to CC something using Bard spells, in comes Kalikke.

Cael

Arcane
Cael you truly are an ignorant fool.
Or you are a cheating cunt who thinks everyone should be using the "mods" you are. Next time I will just come in with a character with 70 in all stats and able to use all abilities and cast all spells. Because, hey, why not? It is Yosharian Approved!(tm)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
ToG doesn't give +10 Cha. It gives +x to 1 Cha check.

Also, Linzi with 10 Cleric levels AND Sorcerer levels AND level 6 Bard spells? I am calling bullshit.

Okay. I see you're easily triggered.
So I will try to explain calmly.

ToG in Owlcat games indeed does give 1/2 domain level Cha bonus - that lasts for a long time - an hour or something - untill you expand it by making a Cha check. Crazy implementation, yes. But it is what it is.
And it can be used on allies in touch range, Linzi doesn't have to be the Cleric to use it.
As for Fey Sorc, I think 1 level is enough.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
ToG in Owlcat games indeed does give 1/2 domain level Cha bonus - that lasts for a long time - an hour or something - untill you expand it by making a Cha check. Crazy implementation, yes. But it is what it is.

To be fair to Cael, that interpretation of it in the code is retarded and not at all intuitive if you didn't see it being discussed earlier in this thread or elsewhere. Other than that, I found that exchange to be entertaining.

:avatard:

Cael

Arcane
Trust the motherfucker to use a bug and then crow about it. It is in line with his stupid insistence that people install mods to make use of the lousy builds he keeps referring to like Lilura and her dumb blog.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Trust the motherfucker to use a bug and then crow about it. It is in line with his stupid insistence that people install mods to make use of the lousy builds he keeps referring to like Lilura and her dumb blog.
You'll find that in these threads fairly often. I don't know that it's always intentional, but I've seen references in the past to combinations of buffs that simply don't exist in vanilla. Just relax and take any advice with a grain of salt or test it.

Besides, there are a lot of things Owlcat implemented differently from how you'd play it at a table. That's the nature of an adaptation. You shouldn't be upset that people play with the game's quirks as they are - crpgs are their own beast.

Stoned Ape

Savant

Ranger can give the party half their FE bonus, which turns out to be pretty similar to Inspire Courage.
Can't you also cast Instant Enemy to get your highest FE bonus against whatever you're fighting, then share that bonus with your allies?

Cael

Arcane
You'll find that in these threads fairly often. I don't know that it's always intentional, but I've seen references in the past to combinations of buffs that simply don't exist in vanilla. Just relax and take any advice with a grain of salt or test it.

Besides, there are a lot of things Owlcat implemented differently from how you'd play it at a table. That's the nature of an adaptation. You shouldn't be upset that people play with the game's quirks as they are - crpgs are their own beast.
Owlcat is as much a hack as HBS only less trannies. I don't know if that makes it better or worse, since mental illness is not an excuse for Owlcat.

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
ToG in Owlcat games indeed does give 1/2 domain level Cha bonus - that lasts for a long time - an hour or something - untill you expand it by making a Cha check.
Are the only ways to make a CHA check Diplomacy and UMD? You can't waste it accidentally like you could with a WIS bonus on a random Perception check?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Making the game trivial using bad implementation is of course always a thing you can do.

I choose to work along with devs to help them out when they fuck up rather than wasting my time with one-weird-trick-ism.

Your endgame modded MC is off-topic, Yosharian, which is how to play vanilla Linzi throughout the game. Attack Will early, Fort late, and leave the Reflex to the nukers. Then wade in and tank/trigger crit chains, land some Vitals sneaks later. Keep up Courage/Greatness/Heroics as needed. Heal after fight with Soothing. Handle ambushes with Fascinate/Fear. Demoralize bosses to turn on Shatter/lower saves.

Linz can still cast Slow in Tomb, and can probably even get in there with Grease since Reflex is weak save of Giants. Sonic spells work vs Ghosts.

I think I had her using Undeath to Death scrolls too?

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Making the game trivial using bad implementation is of course always a thing you can do.

I choose to work along with devs to help them out when they fuck up rather than wasting my time with one-weird-trick-ism.

Your endgame modded MC is off-topic, Yosharian, which is how to play vanilla Linzi throughout the game. Attack Will early, Fort late, and leave the Reflex to the nukers. Then wade in and tank/trigger crit chains, land some Vitals sneaks later. Keep up Courage/Greatness/Heroics as needed. Heal after fight with Soothing. Handle ambushes with Fascinate/Fear. Demoralize bosses to turn on Shatter/lower saves.

Linz can still cast Slow in Tomb, and can probably even get in there with Grease since Reflex is weak save of Giants. Sonic spells work vs Ghosts.

It is not so much that, but the way the cunt goes on and on about how great his builds are and how knowledgeable he is with the system. And yet, time and again, what you find is that he modded stuff, added to it and exploited bugs and Owlcat retardism. Normally, no one would care, except the basement dweller keeps insisting that he is great at vanilla, which he is not. Motherfucker is basically the Lilura of Bugfinder: Bloatmaker.

Desiderius

Patron
Sensei shots:

In one of these you can see Val Grappling the Crag Linnorm in vanilla P:K!

Attachments

• Sensei Pounce.jpg
    Sensei Pounce.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Dirty Trick Manticore.jpg
    Dirty Trick Manticore.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Dirty Tricks.jpg
    Dirty Tricks.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Iteratives landing.jpg
    Iteratives landing.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Killing Linnorm.jpg
    Killing Linnorm.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 65

Desiderius

Patron

It is not so much that, but the way the cunt goes on and on about how great his builds are and how knowledgeable he is with the system. And yet, time and again, what you find is that he modded stuff, added to it and exploited bugs and Owlcat retardism. Normally, no one would care, except the basement dweller keeps insisting that he is great at vanilla, which he is not. Motherfucker is basically the Lilura of Bugfinder: Bloatmaker.

He's very knowledgeable. The one-weird-trickism is a generational thing I think. Don't even know they're doing it. It's what games *are* in some sense to them.

But he's sort of also rediscovered the traditional way on his own. He just ruins it to some extent by falling for the (rare, to Owlcat's credit) broken (as in misimplemented, not simply effective) stuff.

Cael

Arcane

He's very knowledgeable. The one-weird-trickism is a generational thing I think. Don't even know they're doing it. It's what games *are* in some sense to them.

But he's sort of also rediscovered the traditional way on his own. He just ruins it to some extent by falling for the (rare, to Owlcat's credit) broken (as in misimplemented, not simply effective) stuff.
I went through the builds that he keeps pointing to in his sig. The very first thing he tells you is to add mods and then his builds (those that I looked at before giving up) rely on mod added shit. He reminds me of an immature brat with a party of all 18 stats bragging about how uber his party is.

Yosharian

Arcane

Ranger can give the party half their FE bonus, which turns out to be pretty similar to Inspire Courage.
Can't you also cast Instant Enemy to get your highest FE bonus against whatever you're fighting, then share that bonus with your allies?
Well yeah there is that too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom