Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fair warning - The game has massive amount of bugs from chapter 4 and onward. Like people whom visit your court room don't leave after the event, so your courtroom ends up clustered with all those NPCs you cannot talk with. - Companions that are supposed to re-join you after a critical path don't and keeps repeating line - The mood in the Kingdom management is bugged as well, with no actual way to increase it even by succeeding in events and opportunities, only keeps declining untill you have like -5 on every arbitrary attempt event until crumbling and the only way to fix it currently is to turn kingdom management to auto.

Yep, the game is straight up busted at that point of the story. I can get over some bugs here and there, but this shit is gamebreaking.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I know, but I did not waste them either since what do you really need them for?
The colored doors dungeon? I did that without rests.
great dungeon btw.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You should be able to keep track of the level of the party when you are designing the campaign. For example, you are reliably level 3 after the Intro in NWN, and you can reliably get 1 level per area in Act 1. Therefore, at the start of Act 2, you can cater for a toon of about level 8.

In ToEE, you should be around level 4 or 5 when you complete the Hommlet quests, so the gatehouse can be targetted at a party of level 6 or so.

As the maker of a cRPG, these are the things you should be 100% keeping track of and controlling very tightly behind the scenes.
That's what I like about Deadfire: Scaling options "All/Only Scale Upwards"

Shadenuat

Arcane
Btw here are some my favorites from steam, guess what troubles each person

Not playable as a Mage
I like those kind of games very much, but unfortunately this game is not playable as a mage. Character creation and development is totally bugged. You do not get the spells you selected during character creation as well as during leveling. Maybe I do not understand the system, but if I create a mage and select a couple of spells I think those spells should show up in the spell book. But they don't. Very sad!

Bracers of Armor Bug?
The Bracers of Armor you get at the begining of game don't seem to be applying bonus... Anyone else notice this?

WHY.. just why?
alright so, i have decided to try out this game and my first try at it was at making a sorcerer. but then this game, for some genius reason, decided to give him an effin crossbow.
how does that even work? what genius decided that it was a good idea to give a sorcerer a bloody crossbow.
that's not even mentioning the clunky gameplay. spells feels so slow and ineffective.
immediately dropped.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I know, but I did not waste them either since what do you really need them for?
The colored doors dungeon? I did that without rests.
great dungeon btw.

That dungeon is great but I was talking about Vordekai's Tomb which is the end of the chapter. You are not far from it.

That dungeon broke me without camping supplies.

I'm stuck in the other world level after clearing the vagina cave can't seem to figure it out

Codex Year of the Donut
znooSLA.png

pathfinder went from 'mixed' to 'mostly positive' on steam btw

asterix

Educated
I am quite partial to this one:
So apparently there is a time limit
So I just discovered that there is a time limit for beating the Stag Lord. Really wish that the game had told me that at literally any point. So I guess I need to start a new character.

First response:
It literally told you that. The quest log literally ticks the time limit down.

Shadenuat

Arcane
People slept too long due to developers abandoning this subgenre because is too hard. They need to get woke and bathe in beautiful grognardness.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So how are people dealing with all these trolls? Blindness - Fort save passed. Web - Reflex save passed. 3+ attacks per round chew through any melee fighter.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I just kinda hacked them to pieces with enlarged Amiri with acid axe and Jubilost with his nearly infinite amount of acid bombs, while casting 2 sickening vines spells when I first met them in big numbers and, obviously, Will-affecting spells from Lindzi with Spell Focus on Enchant and Charisma buffing for extra DC.

You can even tank them, just don't forget shit like Blur (there are potions of Blur and potions of Displacement), Defensive Fighting, debuffs. Walls of low level summons also work great since every 1 summon = wasted attack.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So how are people dealing with all these trolls? Blindness - Fort save passed. Web - Reflex save passed. 3+ attacks per round chew through any melee fighter.
hint: trolls have low will

Not on Challenging they don't. Granted I freely admit I'm and idiot for playing on that difficulty but still. I've seen people play on Unfair and manage SOMEHOW.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It is still lower than their Fort. And Difficult Terrain does not allow any saves, it still slows enemies down to a half or so.

You need to stack numbers against enemies on high difficulties. You can debuff them to lower their saves, or you can just make them pass more saves by casting more spells. You should also buff your own DC.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
toro Means I'll soon hit Chapter IV right? Need to stop and wait for patching?

Probably.

After you find the 3 defaced sisters then you have to do Vordekai's Tomb which is the last quest from the chapter.

I don't know if it's chapter IV or V

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bracers of Armor Bug?
The Bracers of Armor you get at the begining of game don't seem to be applying bonus... Anyone else notice this?
This one was really great :lol:
To be fair, it is confusing and the game doesn't explain it at all. Expecting people to be familiar with PnP rules isn't a good idea.
Yep, nowadays it's not really, unless you provide extensive in-game help for players unfamiliar with the rules, and then you will still have to refer them to the manual at the end of each help tooltip.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm stuck in the other world level after clearing the vagina cave can't seem to figure it out

For Bloom Flower. Put bird on stone. Rest. Take bird bones. Go lake. Put bones in lake and get poison. Go Bloom Flower and poison.

Elex

Arbiter
Bracers of Armor Bug?
This one was really great :lol:
To be fair, it is confusing and the game doesn't explain it at all. Expecting people to be familiar with PnP rules isn't a good idea.
it's like when people buy a sport game: you expect them to be familiar with that sport.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

well i hope they will fix this game issue there is potential for a classic here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom