Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
it's not really suprising that the game lacks polish the developers admitted in Discord that they lacked the time to polish everything because their publisher wanted to get the game released.

Publishers strike again.

:negative:
Eh, the developers care about the game and will polish it post-release, so it's alright. As long as there are just bugs and no noticeable missing content akin to VtMB or KotOR2, I'm content.

Vatnik Wumao
At least all this talk about bugs makes me feel better about not having time to play Kingmaker this week.
At least we have time to experiment with builds until patches come through.

8gVfwOy.jpg

Feels neat replaying the Stag Lord arc while listening to corny grimdark metal.

imweasel

ok, nevermind. Hang them all.

qPGvhUY.png

QLcLitI.png
My PC is a lawful good character (Paladin) and won't stand for this degeneracy. The race traitor whore and her orcish pimp are to be exiled to niggerstan or executed for breaking the laws of my Kingdom.

The problem is that I need them to help rule my Kingdom. For now at least.

Fucking game. :argh:

Aemar

Arcane
their publisher wanted to get the game released.
These greedy fools never seem to learn from other greedy fools' mistakes. On one hand you have the typical pressure coming from publishers, while at the other end of the spectrum you have companies like Taleworlds who don't give a shit about deadlines.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

My PC is a lawful good character (Paladin) and won't stand for this degeneracy. The race traitor whore and her orcish pimp are to be exiled to niggerstan or executed for breaking the laws of my Kingdom.

The problem is that I need them to help rule my Kingdom. For now at least.

Fucking game. :argh:
Cucked if you do, cucked if you don't.

But I agree with the earlier poster who seemed to suggest that the devs could be secret alt-righters. Countering feminist arguments on wymyn as property and depicting a black on white relationship as a woman with an orc and the orc is chaotic evil. lmao :M

Waifus are still serious business I see. Anyway, I think I'll try playing with a short party of 4, for some reason I always preferred smaller parties. I'll put all good aligned characters as core and then ad the rest when dealing with their crap quests. It's going to be an all out magical party. My character will be a gish of some sort, Octavia is an obvious arcane trickster, Tristian is a cleric/sorcerer/mystic theurge. But what about Linzi? Can she do better than a plain boring bard?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
octavia is the village bicycle

valerie is the true :obviously: choice
So can you or can you not return her to her true faith and make her Lawful Good?

I want to have a Paladin that isn't a fucking nigger, and I prefer my women extra pure.

Lawful neutral is best alignment she will be faithful, loyal but not squander the family wealth on feeding Regnar and Octavia bastards.

At least we have time to experiment with builds until patches come through.

8gVfwOy.jpg

Feels neat replaying the Stag Lord arc while listening to corny grimdark metal.

The game is pretty much good only to try builds for now anyways; if publishers won't drop the support it will be a gem in year or so.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jaethal > Octavia.
Can't get aroused though. Has no blood pressure probably. If she is cold, my character's weener will shrink and it won't work.

Shame you can't have her as your faithful companion and embark together on a quest to attain Lichdom.
Now that would have been agreat quest, but it's enough material for its own game, I think.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Their story is kinda sweet and romantic in a non-sentimental way tbh. Escaping slavery together and all that jazz. Can you turn Octavia more evil and let them stay together? (after fucking them both of course)
you mean the part where he treats her like his property?
That's not true. It's actually Octavia being SocJus trash, being triggered by wording of someone claiming another as "theirs". As much as Rogangar or whatever his name is is a cringily written edgetard straight from Tumblr, he actually makes a good point when you ask him about that thing in particular, saying that Octavia is only upset because she does not understand the difference between owning someone as property and owning their heart.

And that was actually a pretty sweet sentiment at the time, and really humanized him.

Overall, so far, I don't understand why he's even categorized as Chaotic Evil, other than a wish for some demented dichotomy between a Chaotic Good Half-Elf and a Chaotic Evil Half-Orc. So far, to me, he sounds Chaotic Neutral, quintessentially so; "I am free, fuck you, fuck everyone, I do as I wish, and what matters to me is my freedom, regardless of moral quandries". Single-minded focus on something fundamentally amoral (such as druid's focus on nature, a judge's dedication to law, or a bard's pursuit of the greatest song, stolen or not) is fundamentally Neutral. In Rorgangar or whatever's case, his focus seems to be on his own freedom.

His unwillingness or disinterest in the plight of other slaves isn't in itself evil, it's neutral. He'd be evil if he actually kept and promoted slavery, but afaik he does not. He just doesn't give a shit.
is vengefulness evil?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Their story is kinda sweet and romantic in a non-sentimental way tbh. Escaping slavery together and all that jazz. Can you turn Octavia more evil and let them stay together? (after fucking them both of course)
you mean the part where he treats her like his property?
That's not true. It's actually Octavia being SocJus trash, being triggered by wording of someone claiming another as "theirs". As much as Rogangar or whatever his name is is a cringily written edgetard straight from Tumblr, he actually makes a good point when you ask him about that thing in particular, saying that Octavia is only upset because she does not understand the difference between owning someone as property and owning their heart.

And that was actually a pretty sweet sentiment at the time, and really humanized him.

Overall, so far, I don't understand why he's even categorized as Chaotic Evil, other than a wish for some demented dichotomy between a Chaotic Good Half-Elf and a Chaotic Evil Half-Orc. So far, to me, he sounds Chaotic Neutral, quintessentially so; "I am free, fuck you, fuck everyone, I do as I wish, and what matters to me is my freedom, regardless of moral quandries". Single-minded focus on something fundamentally amoral (such as druid's focus on nature, a judge's dedication to law, or a bard's pursuit of the greatest song, stolen or not) is fundamentally Neutral. In Rorgangar or whatever's case, his focus seems to be on his own freedom.

His unwillingness or disinterest in the plight of other slaves isn't in itself evil, it's neutral. He'd be evil if he actually kept and promoted slavery, but afaik he does not. He just doesn't give a shit.
is vengefulness evil?
Not necessarily, but it can lead to you committing evil acts.

If anything, "justice" is lawful and "vengeance" is chaotic, but neither is inherently good or evil, I'd say.
Jaethal > Octavia.
she flat out tells you she has no interest in sexual relations
What's your point?

Edit: The 1.0.4+ to 1.0.4 patch (the hotfix-hotfix) is up on GOG now.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
Not to disrupt the discussion on sim-dating, but some of us are playing the game to slay monsters. How do you use the half-orc guy? (in combat, if that wasn't clear) I'm not familiar with the magus class at all, I'm sort of guessing it's about spell touch attacks? :?

Any tips on how to set up his attacks, which spells to take and and how to level up would be greatly appreciated.

She's just playing hard to get.
And that's how you get sorcerers with the undead bloodline...

Elex

Arbiter

LizardWizard

Prophet
is very polished though (apart from the annoying invisible spell list bug).

Like half of the feats don't even work (see: Sorcerer). I wouldn't know, but not to mention the game breaking act 4 bug preventing you from finishing the game

Hilarious how this game gets a pass for shit tier writing/buginess

Not to disrupt the discussion on sim-dating, but some of us are playing the game to slay monsters. How do you use the half-orc guy? (in combat, if that wasn't clear) I'm not familiar with the magus class at all, I'm sort of guessing it's about spell touch attacks? :?

Any tips on how to set up his attacks, which spells to take and and how to level up would be greatly appreciated.
Focus on touch attacks, yes. Shocking grasp is pretty much the bread and butter of the class. How this works (in PnP at least) is that magus gets Spellcombat (cast spells while making full attacks) and Spellstrike (deliver touch spells by hitting things with your weapon). Combine the two and you get an extra attack that also delivers the spell damage and can cause massive damage on crit, multiplying not only the weapon damage, but doubling the spell damage as well. You just need a one handed weapon with good critical range to make most of it. Enchanting weapons on the fly or other abilities are just gravy.

In game it plays a little more awkward, but it still works out more or less the same. One tip - set the Touch of fatigue cantrip to autocast. That way you should get that extra attack even if you have no other touch spells to cast. They are made at -2 penalty, but two attacks at -2 are better than one without.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom