Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ibbz

Augur
The camera has some...interesting... quirks. My main gripe so far is that you can't zoom out very much.

I have the exact same complaint, also the UI feels too big for the screen (but I like minimalist UI's). Other than that, it's enjoyable though.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
Going to play this with a strong fighter type because of the encumbrance issue.

What alignment would be the most entertaining/have the most content? LG Paladin, CE fighter, CN fighter? Are there really a lot of times when alignment and roleplaying matters, unlike BG?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only problem I see with the combat on harder difficulties is that the enemies crit way too often, I have enemies doing bazzilions of damage to my heavily fortified fighter and it's just ridiculous when you see some peep squek little shit hitting for 80% of your health bar. I mean every fight I pray to RNG Jesus to not get demolished by some random crit:argh:

Yea, especially when you're facing archers who will demolish your front line in a volley or two. Shouldn't there be helmets available that reduce or disable crits? Not sure how that works in Pathfinder.

In Pathfinder you need armour with the fortified enchantment property. It gives you a 25/50/75% chance of avoiding criticals and sneak attacks depending on the enchantment level.

As for not getting crit/precision damage, make sure you aren't flanked by rogue types. They will sneak attack the fuck out of you.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also anybody think the levelling is too slow? Low level characters are just boring to play, especially the physical characters. Just jump to the higher level, and it would be much more fun that way.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Also anybody think the levelling is too slow? Low level characters are just boring to play, especially the physical characters. Just jump to the higher level, and it would be much more fun that way.

What about the time-honoured technique of level squatting? Is it any good?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Um, so how do you deal with the bear at the Temple of the Elk? Bugger basically one shots every character and has what feels like 200 HP.

PrettyDeadman

Any other lack of context is lacking because there essentially is no relevant context beyond that, which is why it's awful. There is absolutely no reason for her to tell you, let alone in such a way, then and there. The "reason" given is that there are traps somewhere that does not affect her, but this is in no way relevant, since they are easily discovered by one mandatory party member, and then as easily removed by another mandatory party member.

This may be a reading comprehension issue.
There's about a million better ways to handle that other than blurting out "I'm undead. Let's go." in the way it's done.

Ways like? Do explain.
"I am good at my job." Which then allows you to press her further, change the topic or for her to do so, or a segue to another, more pressing concern (e.g., a bunch of enemies burst through another door). That is just off the top of my head.

The question is: After "I'm undead. Let's go!" is there an option to say, "Die, undead bitch!!!"?

Terrible explanation.
What job is that which makes her immune to poisonous gas which killed all other people? Doesn't make any sense...

It's like seing someone shot with a gun in heart at close range. "I am good at my job" won't exlain why the person shot isn't harmed. "I have bulletproof vest" is good enough explanation (which is equal to I am unded in fantasy terms), even if character doesn't get into details why was he wearing bulletproff vest at the moment..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortmal

Arcane
Of course the hot barbarian slut and the undead elf girl want to join my Chad Caravan while the insufferable bard kid and dyke knight refuse to because they have morals and shit.

I GOT ALL THE BITCHES.

Also got some depressed dwarf.

STILL GOT BITCHES THOUGH.
Thought the same, however the dwarf is useful , better to assign him some cure light wound spells . You could end up with no one with healing abilities .

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Thought the same, however the dwarf is useful , better to assign him some cure light wound spells . You could end up with no one with healing abilities .

He has Spontaneous Casting (Cure), so having him memorize Cure Light Wounds isn't necessary.

Theldaran

Liturgist
I like slow leveling. Does it feel like BG1, but with more mechanical potential?

It probably will feel more like IWD (also with ridiculous encounter difficulty spikes), since in BG1 you got to level 7 whereas in IWD you could get to high level.

Salvo

Arcane
To the people playing it right now, how prevalent are traps? (the spikes in the ground type)

I was planning on playing a rogue but don't know whether to play the normal variant or the Knife Master archetype for moar damage. What do you recommend?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Two things:

Is there a sort button? Maybe I'm blind but I can't find it.

And.

Is there a way to have the inventory scrolled the furthest up when you enter the inventory? So god damn annoying that it doesn't show the first row.
Yes,in the upper right corner of the inventory screen there is a choice for sorting.

All that talk about difficulty is redundant,everyone here plays on custom one.

Has anyone here finished "bitter rivals",i can't find the second encounter and thus can't recrew the other companion. Anyone knows where he is?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
To the people playing it right now, how prevalent are traps? (the spikes in the ground type)

I was planning on playing a rogue but don't know whether to play the normal variant or the Knife Master archetype for moar damage. What do you recommend?
There are a decent amount of them mate,still nothing that the gnome girl can't handle. Still you would need to quick save/load because it is not fixed value and could blow up in your face.

Jinn

Arcane
The game still has ZERO critic reviews, at least in metacritic. Heh

Stupid fucks are probably still trying to figure out the character creation screen.

Is there a sort button? Maybe I'm blind but I can't find it.

Top right should be organizing tabs/organizing categories.

Not sure what you're talking about with the inventory starting at the top. Always does for me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is oldschool Troika-style development, crunching until the last minute to stuff the game full of content and screw the bugs & reviews. Fun stuff when it doesn't blow up in your face.

So idk if i'm stuck or what, supposedly I should wait for fog to clear, but how long? I have scouted all of the available map, cleaned everything, what's next.

Aight apparently you are supposed to go to Ancient Tomb, then Pine something and only then to Old Sycamore. In a lot of ways this game frustrates me even more than PoE 1, but it's also much better in other aspects. I wish people would fucking playtest their games though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Here is my first game breaking bug i saw. You are supposed to tell that guy about the temple,but he doesn't have an dialogue icon on him.
12.png

Generic-Giant-Spider

Writing controversy aside, let us take a moment to at least appreciate the lack of retarded lingo/cant POE skullfucked our brains with.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I keep reloading to get better rolls in order to conserve healing items.
Feels like Baldur's Gate, but without the sleep after fight stuff.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Uuggghh, is there a way to remove the fucking terrible shitty, awful outlines, why the fuck do people implement them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom