Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elex

Arbiter
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rdics-net-sales-up-1-403-percent-to-usd139-5m

The reason for this growth is THQ's acquisition of Koch Media and Deep Silver earlier this year, effectively doubling the publisher's potential revenues. Titles by this segment saw sales of $27.6 million, with the release of Dakar 18 and Pathfinder Kingmaker cited as key performers - even though the latter launched less than a week before the end of the quarter.

no real numbers but apparently is going really fine.
Dakar 18 has terrible stats on steamcharts and steamspy. I know steamspy is not reliable but even 0 to 20 000 estimated sales is terrible. And Steamcharts says 280 max concurrent players. Something is wrong in that article.
it’s released on consoles too

http://mb.cision.com/Main/15049/2671483/944358.pdf

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rdics-net-sales-up-1-403-percent-to-usd139-5m

The reason for this growth is THQ's acquisition of Koch Media and Deep Silver earlier this year, effectively doubling the publisher's potential revenues. Titles by this segment saw sales of $27.6 million, with the release of Dakar 18 and Pathfinder Kingmaker cited as key performers - even though the latter launched less than a week before the end of the quarter.

Dakar 18 has terrible stats on steamcharts and steamspy. I know steamspy is not reliable but even 0 to 20 000 estimated sales is terrible. And Steamcharts says 280 max concurrent players. Something is wrong in that article.

Any way to see how its console sales went?
Could it be that much more successful on consoles?

if we can figure out Dakar 18 sales, we can approximate Pathfinder sales as well.

Elex

Arbiter

Any way to see how its console sales went?
Could it be that much more successful on consoles?
i’ checking stuff about pathfinder.

apparently they want to bring it to console.

The publishing title Pathfinder Kingmaker, developed by Owlcat Studios, was released on PC on Sep- tember 25th. The feedback from fans and the sales performance as been solid. There is an exciting long term perspective and potential for the game on more platforms next year.

edit:

this is dakar 18

The publishing title Dakar 18, developed by Big Moon Studios, was released on September 25th. It had mixed reviews from various media outlets and the future for the series is currently under evaluation.

that don’t sound good.

so apparently they are happy for pathfinder principally.

Israfael

Arcane
Is game still broken ? I installed it but as i have read horror stories about quests broken etc and then i read patch notes and they were written like testimony of murder rather than patch notes. Decided to put game off for a while until it get a lot of patches.
It is perfectly playable, especially if you don't use pre-baked companions as their stories sometimes glitch out or have weird bugs (as described in my previous posts). Some stuff (AT's ranged trickery, non-conventional interpretation of sneak attacks and some broken spells like Phantasmal Putrefaction) is still broken, but it's not critical for going through story. In any case, if you work and don't devote whole weekends to the game, it'll take you around a month to get to the more bugged part of the game.

cw8

Cipher
Was doing Harrim's sidequest where u fight the Adamantine golems. Had enough trouble with one, let alone fighting 2 at the same time. Summoned a whole bunch of skeletons to distract them while Amiri chipped away at them. Gave her this barbarian helm which I got earlier called "Warpainted Skull of Duthica" and this allowed her to summon 2 Barbarian spirits to help her fight. Much to my surprise, the 2 barbarian spirits cut through the Golems like they were butter, like they were nothing. Dropped the 4 of them in seconds. I'm on Challenging, gonna play around with the helm next few fights.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Update 1.0.0f

• [*]Duration of paralysis, casted by Lich, was reduced to 1 hour

[*]Creatures without a blood (e.g. golems, elementals, ghosts) turned black if they were killed during cutscenes. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Dialogue branch with Nyrissa, that allowed to gain additional affection with her in the Abandoned Keep area during the "Betrayer's Flight" quest, was missing. Resolution: the dialogue branch is now available for the players who have enough affection with Nyrissa.

[*](ONLY BETA) Huge FPS drop in stone capital. Resolution: Fixed

[*]There was broken animation during cutscene at the beginning of the Harrim’s quest “The Unmaking”. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Wrong lighting of the second floor in Oleg's house at Oleg's Trading Post area. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Tessie the Quill could disappear after an upgrade of the main square. Resolution: fixed. You need to re-enter the main square for the character to appear.

[*]If a player decided to perform a ritual after completing Ekandeyo's companion quest "Bury the Past", then he wouldn’t receive set of "Wayfarer's Comfort” armor. Resolution: fixed. If you have already completed this quest and performed a ritual, then the armor should be in your inventory.

[*]It took a lot of time for inventory to close on large areas. This also caused some issues with the animation of the interface. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Misc: Jubilost didn't distinguish the player's gender in his “Trial of Strength” dialogue. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Kingdom - You couldn’t construct Printing House after you have completed the first Linzi personal quest. Resolution - fixed.

[*]Group portraits covered exit marker in the Overgrown Cavern. Resolution: the camera's movement boundary has been extended.

[*]Areas - In some cases, Ilora Nuski could appear in Pitax after death. Resolution: Fixed

[*]Some of the scripted resurrections (e.g. in the House At The Edge Of Time) occasionally did not work properly. Resolution: fixed

[*]The quest about Octavia and Regongar meeting with the Technic League spy in a tavern did not work. Resolution: fixed. You need to re-enter the tavern.

[*]After saving Octavia and Regongar in the House At The Edge Of Time and adding them to the party, Octavia became invisible and didn’t move making it impossible to switch areas and breaking the quest. Resolution: fixed

[*]"Arrest Morhalan" objective now has more time to complete it.

[*]Autosaves on level up were very annoying. Resolution: autosaves on level up were turned off.

[*]Bokken is alive (we hope)

[*]Communal Mind Blank lasted 4 rounds instead of 4 hours. Resolution: Fixed.

[*]Estoc, Tongi and Rapier were counted as light weapons. This reduced the damage these weapons did with Power Attack and made characters unable to hold them with two hands. Resolution: they are no longer counted as light weapons, but Estoc and Rapier are still affected by Weapon Finesse and similar abilities in exactly the same way. Only characters who have a rapier, tongi or an estoc as an offhand weapon will suffer any penalties.

[*](ONLY BETA) After reaching a peaceful resolution with the bandits in Thorn Ford cutscene did not finish. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Kingdom – Automated Kingdom could stop, because it considered a non-existing meeting to be part of the Sharel’s Project. Resolution: fixed, also automated kingdom will now complete this project faster

[*]Wild Hunt Scouts had Outflank, Seize the Moment and Precise Strike, making them more deadly than we intended when they focus one target. Resolution: those feats were replaced with others.

[*]Blindness from Wild Hunt Scouts was extremely annoying, requiring a lot of scrolls or spells after each combat. Resolution: blindness from a Wild Hunt Scout attacks with a crystal now lasts until the end of combat.

[*]Wild Hunt Monarch casted Greater Dispel Magic as an area effect. Resolution: it is now single-target effect, but can remove all buffs from the target instead of one.

[*]Rangers did not get Endurance feat at 3rd level. Resolution: Fixed. Rangers of 3rd level and higher will receive this feat automatically.

[*]Certain scrolls caused game to freeze when they were used directly from the inventory. Resolution: fixed

[*]Alchemists, that were using Gear's Rule item, received one more standard bomb ability icon in their Abilities panel after every load. Resolution: fixed. Only one standard bomb icon should remain for those previously affected.

[*]Player could accidentally change character portrait on abilities page during Character Generation. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Some arrows could stuck in characters for a long time. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Several teamwork feats (Allied Spellcaster, Back to Back, Coordinated Maneuvers, Shielded Caster and Tandem Trip) weren’t shared by feat-sharing abilities of Monster Tactician, Sacred Huntmaster, and Tactical Leader. Resolution: Fixed.

[*]Curse in chapter 7 aggroed all enemy creatures upon entering the area. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Vendor Issili had too few goods in chapter 7. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Book "The Complete Collection of Useless Writings" did not appear in vendor’s list of Issili, even if all requirements were met. Resolution: fixed

[*]Quest Mirror Memories could become unfinishable under certain circumstances. Resolution: Fixed

[*]Event Silent Death had DC of 0. Resolution: fixed

[*]Tristian's quest Saving Grace will now properly display as failed in the Journal, if the quest’s result leaves Tristian devastated and he doesn't accept Sarenrae's forgiveness.

[*]Atalia Gitaren could raise from the dead and come to the throne room in some cases. Resolution: Fixed

[*]In some cases, dead Stefano Mosconi could come to the throne room after conquest of Pitax. Resolution: Fixed

[*]In some situations, player didn’t receive third Nok-Nok companion quest. Resolution: Fixed

[*]Annamede will now spawn properly in the Academy area of Pitax during the “War of the River Kings” quest. She appears in the area after the player talks to Atalia who (most likely) refuses to help against King Irovetti. Annamede will start a dialogue proposing an alliance. We've also added several fixes to Annamede's dialogue.

[*]Feat "Accomplished Sneak Attacker" could be taken several times, resulting in the wrong bonus to sneak attack damage dice. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Quests - In rare cases, a premature ending of the game occurs after the "Test of Loyalty" event with Tristian and Jaethal. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Quests - "A Bloody Craft" quest could not be completed in rare cases. Resolution: fixed

[*]Quests - In rare cases the guard near Shariel could stay in the village. Resolution: fixed

[*]Kingdom - Munguk's Drunken Rage was too bothersome. Resolution: fixed. The event now completes even on failure and does not repeat itself.

[*]Kingdom - Finishing “Cult Sacrifice” or “Portal Beasts” by ignoring the event led to missing the rank up project. Resolution: fixed

[*]Kingdom - If player selected certain answer during the dialogue for 9th rank of culture, he could miss rank up project. Resolution: fixed

[*]Quests - In the quests “Along the Cold Trail” and “The Lost Relic”, a part of the addendums didn’t add up. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Items - There wasn’t enough Freedom Of Movement scrolls. Resolution: added 99 scrolls to Issili in chapters 6 and 7.

[*]Areas - Some of the options to end the dialogue with Valerie at the Capital Inn did not fully complete the event and led to its recurrence. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Nok-Nok's companion quest could not start for several reasons. Resolution: fixed

[*]Quests - “Guiding Beacon” quest could not be completed if the player found whip without Octavia or Regongar in the group, and Bartholomew was already dead. Resolution: Fixed

[*]After the Ekundayo’s companion quest "A Feast of Feasts" the player is moved to the Capital, but, on the global map, the player's figure remained in the location "Hunting Grounds". Therefore it was impossible to skip days in the throne room and start projects. Result: fixed. Now the player’s figure also moves to the Capital.

[*]Area effects from swarms sometimes stayed after the swarm's death or reappeared in other areas. Resolution: fixed

[*]Quests - “The Path of the Dreams” quest could become unfinishable if Tristian died in the Abandoned Keep. Resolution: fixed.

[*]Ecclesitheurge was unable to memorize non-first level spells from his primary domain in his non-domain slots. Resolution: Fixed.

[*]Several typos fixed

Shadenuat

Arcane
Bokken is alive (we hope)
:lol:

[*]Wild Hunt Scouts had Outflank, Seize the Moment and Precise Strike, making them more deadly than we intended when they focus one target. Resolution: those feats were replaced with others.

[*]Blindness from Wild Hunt Scouts was extremely annoying, requiring a lot of scrolls or spells after each combat. Resolution: blindness from a Wild Hunt Scout attacks with a crystal now lasts until the end of combat.

[*]Wild Hunt Monarch casted Greater Dispel Magic as an area effect. Resolution: it is now single-target effect, but can remove all buffs from the target instead of one.
:neveraskedforthis:
Communal Mind Blank lasted 4 rounds instead of 4 hours. Resolution: Fixed.
:bravo:

Ecclesitheurge was unable to memorize non-first level spells from his primary domain in his non-domain slots. Resolution: Fixed.
:shredder:

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Bokken is alive (we hope)
:lol:

:neveraskedforthis:
Communal Mind Blank lasted 4 rounds instead of 4 hours. Resolution: Fixed.
:bravo:

Ecclesitheurge was unable to memorize non-first level spells from his primary domain in his non-domain slots. Resolution: Fixed.
:shredder:
Oh thank god for those Wild Hunt changes. My Magus was getting debuffed and dropped so fast whenever he drew fire.
Also this:
Alchemists, that were using Gear's Rule item, received one more standard bomb ability icon in their Abilities panel after every load. Resolution: fixed. Only one standard bomb icon should remain for those previously affected.
was super annoying and I'm really glad it's fixed so I can see my curse bombs instead of having to hold the cursor at the top of the screen to highlight them.
:greatjob:
There is also apparently one more trigger in addition to what I said a few pages back for
keeping both Jaethal and Tristian alive. In Tristian's last quest you have to make sure Rita survives, but even if you do, the quest frequently bugs and flags her as dead, apparently, as of 1.0.15 at least.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Guise, anybody else experiencing high CPU temperatures (compared to standard behaviour of other games)?

I have a repasted, undervolted i7-4710HQ (with also additional airflow openings in the bottom of the laptop), which usually never gives me problems with a plethora of other games (even CPU intensive ones).
Tried lowering settings in various combinations, but it doesn't help much. GPU (860m) temperatures are fine, as always. Windows 7 with anything but essentials uninstalled/removed.

There are a couple of threads on the topic (one on Steam, other on reddit), but not much use to me.

Any suggestions?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
So if you rush the stag lord you get anything special as a reward?
Also tristian can only learn fireball as a domain spell?
You get
a decent Dueling sword.
Tristian had a bunch of spells that he could only use as domain spells (Fireball, Scorching Ray, etc) but looks like the patch finally fixed that so his Ecclesitheurge class isn't useless anymore.

Parabalus

Arcane
No fixes for the Pitax bugs?

The rogue leader doesn't recognize we spoke at Rushlight and talking to the other bard causes the city to aggro. that one should be fixed according to notes.

hellbent

Augur
Guise, anybody else experiencing high CPU temperatures (compared to standard behaviour of other games)?

I have a repasted, undervolted i7-4710HQ (with also additional airflow openings in the bottom of the laptop), which usually never gives me problems with a plethora of other games (even CPU intensive ones).
Tried lowering settings in various combinations, but it doesn't help much. GPU (860m) temperatures are fine, as always. Windows 7 with anything but essentials uninstalled/removed.

There are a couple of threads on the topic (one on Steam, other on reddit), but not much use to me.

Any suggestions?

Pathfinder is particularly rough on CPU heating in my experience, even for a Unity game. I've run it on a couple of chipsets, some new, some old, some with integrated GPU and others with dedicated GPU, and it does stress the CPU more than other similar titles.

I've had it shelved for the past 3 weeks or so while I've been waiting for the patches to settle down, so I'm not sure if recent changes might have made things worse with respect to CPU usage and heat. I haven't experienced full-blown overheating, and the game performance itself has been fine.

Only thing I would suggest (and you've probably seen it before on other threads) is to make sure Vsync is on in both the game and in your NVIDIA settings for the game. Also, you can try RivaTuner Statistics Server to limit the framerate.

Brancaleone

Liturgist

Any suggestions?

Pathfinder is particularly rough on CPU heating in my experience, even for a Unity game. I've run it on a couple of chipsets, some new, some old, some with integrated GPU and others with dedicated GPU, and it does stress the CPU more than other similar titles.

I've had it shelved for the past 3 weeks or so while I've been waiting for the patches to settle down, so I'm not sure if recent changes might have made things worse with respect to CPU usage and heat. I haven't experienced full-blown overheating, and the game performance itself has been fine.

Only thing I would suggest (and you've probably seen it before on other threads) is to make sure Vsync is on in both the game and in your NVIDIA settings for the game. Also, you can try RivaTuner Statistics Server to limit the framerate.
I guess that explains it then. Yes, I already have Vsync on both. Thanks for the reply!

Perkel

Arcane
fuck i just started it...
Is there any way to skip that retarded main menu animation ?
Also what is going on with inventory which pops up TWICE in split second ?

razvedchiki

Erudite
I can buy a dueling sword with +1 and does 1d6 frost dmg at chapter 2 anyway,quess i can sell the reward then for that juicy money.

Newer cpus with nvmes decrease loading times?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
fuck i just started it...
Is there any way to skip that retarded main menu animation ?

You don't have to wait for animation to complete, menu is active right away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom