Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Efe

Erudite
well the enemy ai (actually companions etc all kept getting locked in place) wasnt working for the entirety of last chapter so i just left clicked every 10+ seconds while watching some video.
i imagine it would be quite hard if they fought back.

cw8

Cipher
Am I screwed? Think I'm about to start chapter V, kingdom stats are mostly IIIs and IVs except Econ at VII and stability at I. Advisors are pretty rubbish with most of them under 10 skill and only 3 of them above 10. Putting all my spare time now into trying improve the stats. Kingdom just went from stable to worried, I have about 700bps and ~60bp a week income.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Turning off sharing only matters when you have a smaller party. Every doubling of XP is basically 2 extra levels.

A solo run will basically be 5 levels above a 6 man. A duo will be +3. A quad will be +1 and therefore does not get much advantage from advancing a long the power curve.

A duo will probably comfortably finish the game at 20. A solo will hit 20 about 75% through the game or so. A normal party will probably hit about 17 if they fairly thurough.

Personally I plan running a duo with sharing off and I will just manually save edit the followers I use as kingdom advistors up to the level they would have if they were in a 6 man party (i.e -3 off my duo).

I can confirm it does work this way although there is one caveat I believe any xp you get in a place where you are run around as your main but the whole set of followers is around (capitoal, trading post etc) that any quests you turn are divided by 6. So a solo will not truly get x6 on all xp, and some of these are a good deal of xp so that is an important caveat.

As far as I can tell you actually need to have left and picked your party to actually not share at 6 man rate.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Pretty impressed with how many quest and NPCs' outcomes appear to be tracked for the final battle in Chapter 7. :incline:
too bad chapter 7 still so incredibly buggy and doesn't actually reflect all your choices :decline:

vazha

Arcane
A solo will hit 20 about 75% through the game or so.
Way earlier than that if you re specced in trickery/persuasion. Thing is while you ll roflstomp everything in midgame, in lategame roles might be reversed with enemies getting closer to your level and you having no other means of improving your prowess than your primary gear. Very noticeable with the Pitax sorcerer who is easier to deal with with a lvl 16 full party than lvl 20 solo build unless you posess metagame knowledge and planned ahead for this.

purpleblob

Savant
I just finished the game. I got to chap 6 as level 15, finished chap 7 as level 16 - had to put difficulty down because it wasn't fun.

I hated the level design in the last two chapters - wild hunt spam, seriously? Tedious and no fun, especially at level 16.

All of my companions survived, no idea wtf happened to Amiri - even the ending states we don't know what happened to her.

Ending was worth it though. I only wish I had at least one level higher, that would have made last two chapters more bearable (maybe fun even).

Yosharian

Arcane
Way earlier than that if you re specced in trickery/persuasion. Thing is while you ll roflstomp everything in midgame, in lategame roles might be reversed with enemies getting closer to your level and you having no other means of improving your prowess than your primary gear. Very noticeable with the Pitax sorcerer who is easier to deal with with a lvl 16 full party than lvl 20 solo build unless you posess metagame knowledge and planned ahead for this.
When you hire a custom-built merc, are they level 1, or assigned the same level as you?

Yosharian

Arcane
They match your level, although the prices rises to match as well. No idea what a lvl 20 merc would cost.

Holy shit boys. Solo up to level 20, then buy 5 mercenaries. Boom, level 20 party.

According to the wiki, one level 20 merc costs 200,000gp. So that's one million gp to get all 5. Yikes.

I suppose you could role-play selling your empire to the highest bidder and just console the cash in...

gestalt11

Arbiter
When you hire a custom-built merc, are they level 1, or assigned the same level as you?

They will come in at the minimum xp of your current level, they also cost more as you get higher.

Israfael

Arcane
So that's one million gp
Not that much, actually, if you don't mass buy bp (I spent probably upwards of 400k+ on it) and sell all expensive unique gear that you don't really need (at the beginning of the Ch 6, I had probably 10 or 20 items that were worth 30k each, and I sold many of them before that to fund my kingdom-building initiatives)

ArchAngel

Arcane
They match your level, although the prices rises to match as well. No idea what a lvl 20 merc would cost.

Holy shit boys. Solo up to level 20, then buy 5 mercenaries. Boom, level 20 party.

According to the wiki, one level 20 merc costs 200,000gp. So that's one million gp to get all 5. Yikes.

I suppose you could role-play selling your empire to the highest bidder and just console the cash in...
Or you wait to see which companions you cannot do without die and you load a save before that, get a merc that is same class and take that one into next chapter instead of that shitty companion :D

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Ouch. I kind of underestimated Tomb of Vordakai (or whatever). Good thing I always keep Death Ward in my spellbook.

V himself is unimpressive. Popamolich. But he permaparalyzed Harrim (except he didn't beacause of perma freedom of movement). Liches can permaparylyze now? Well, this is annoying.

Israfael

Arcane
V himself is unimpressive. Popamolich. But he permaparalyzed Harrim (except he didn't beacause of perma freedom of movement). Liches can permaparylyze now? Well, this is annoying.
Most high level wizards and other casters can perma-morph you, decrease your level to 0 and do other funny stuff that requires pricey scrolls to undo

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The amount of highly debilitating stuff they can do is a lot higher than in BG2.

And for the kids there's the "remove bad effects on rest" difficulty option so the little ones can have fun, too. I must admit, I used it twice myself when the only cleric was a dog and everyone else couldn't break the curse because it was DC 26 to break and the highest modifier I mustered was +5.

... Always bring two clerics...

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I had DC 39 baleful polymorph on Jaethal when I tried to remove it with break enchantment... DC 39, however, Greater Dispel removed it immediately there wasn't even a roll or DC shown for removing it with Dispel iirc

Israfael

Arcane
break enchantment.
Does it actually work? AFAIR, you have to use Remove curse to get rid of the doggie (well, that's what I did when the creature I know no name of (near portal to Nyrissa's world) casted prismatic spray on my party, instagibbing two and morphing my wizard into an INT 1 mooch. Break enchantment did not even show any check, it simply did not work)

Elex

Arbiter
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rdics-net-sales-up-1-403-percent-to-usd139-5m

The reason for this growth is THQ's acquisition of Koch Media and Deep Silver earlier this year, effectively doubling the publisher's potential revenues. Titles by this segment saw sales of $27.6 million, with the release of Dakar 18 and Pathfinder Kingmaker cited as key performers - even though the latter launched less than a week before the end of the quarter.

no real numbers but apparently is going really fine.

Elex

Arbiter
The amount of highly debilitating stuff they can do is a lot higher than in BG2.

And for the kids there's the "remove bad effects on rest" difficulty option so the little ones can have fun, too. I must admit, I used it twice myself when the only cleric was a dog and everyone else couldn't break the curse because it was DC 26 to break and the highest modifier I mustered was +5.

... Always bring two clerics...
my cleric was a dog too, maybe is some sort of critics against religions?

Perkel

Arcane
Is game still broken ? I installed it but as i have read horror stories about quests broken etc and then i read patch notes and they were written like testimony of murder rather than patch notes. Decided to put game off for a while until it get a lot of patches.

Elex

Arbiter
Pretty impressed with how many quest and NPCs' outcomes appear to be tracked for the final battle in Chapter 7. :incline:
too bad chapter 7 still so incredibly buggy and doesn't actually reflect all your choices :decline:
that is exactly the reason why the game is broken.

probally all quests and dialogue options trigger something 3-4 chapter laters.

Gerulas

Novice
Lol Codex mentioned during load near shit like Kickstarter is pretty funny.

Oooh that's nice, like in D:OS. Post screenshot.
wefoundtheirlair.jpg

Sorry if already posted:

K1IOWGR.jpg

ELo9ZgF

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rdics-net-sales-up-1-403-percent-to-usd139-5m

The reason for this growth is THQ's acquisition of Koch Media and Deep Silver earlier this year, effectively doubling the publisher's potential revenues. Titles by this segment saw sales of $27.6 million, with the release of Dakar 18 and Pathfinder Kingmaker cited as key performers - even though the latter launched less than a week before the end of the quarter.

no real numbers but apparently is going really fine.
Dakar 18 has terrible stats on steamcharts and steamspy. I know steamspy is not reliable but even 0 to 20 000 estimated sales is terrible. And Steamcharts says 280 max concurrent players. Something is wrong in that article.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom