Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Man, kingmaker reactivity to your race and class was fucking disappointing, I mean I didn't expect anything like Arcanum but come on...Tartuccio shit talking about barbarians when my 6 foot half orc barbarian just stands there.
My Aasimaar tells other Aasimaar about how weird it is seeing an aasimaar here.
My fucking Tiefling ask the twins what a Tiefling is, and so on and on.
How is Wrath of the Righteous in this regard?

What the fuck are you talking about? If playing as Aasimar, Arsinoe DOES comment on how it's good to see another of her kind.

Also, which Mythic Path is the "default" one for Druids?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Arueshalae.jpg

cdb8332baa7f0eae592327d719ac5d37_original.jpg
They made her Indian
decline.png
decline.png
decline.png

Now show her corrupted portrait. I've already got my pants down.

Shinros

Learned
Given her proclivities, I wouldn't say so. I love her, though, and she's all mine.

I don't know, her quest made me stop for a moment. I think a lot of people are going to be into her, I don't even want to spoil it because I want people to be surprised.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Also, which Mythic Path is the "default" one for Druids?
Azata is the most "Nature," Aeon is the most "Balance."
Given her proclivities, I wouldn't say so. I love her, though, and she's all mine.
Camellia is a rube's choice for two reasons:
1. She jeopardizes and undermines the crusade with her hobby.
2. She lies to the Commander about her reasons for doing so and tries to play him for a fool.
These transgressions cannot be countenanced :whiteknight:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Is there a list of mythic paths and what they do somewhere?
Aeon, Angel, Azata, Demon, Devil, Dragon, Legend, Lich, Swarm, Trickster.

Devil, Dragon, Legend, and (mostly) Swarm aren't in the Alpha.
By "what they do" do you mean their specific abilities?

CaesarCzech

Scholar
What about Hellknight? :obviously:

Hellknight wouldn't fit demon narrative wise in my opinion, since as Lawntoilet said demons are chaotic. I would go either Aeon/devil or Lich. The gnome hellknight recommends that you at least consider the Lich path. Since it seems more about Death and order, undead are better at fighting demons etc, but you are also free to do it for the sake power going by the PC's dialogue options.

Hellknight actually makes sense for demon if you go for Mastering the Demon power without letting it control you, its basically like ultimate test for Hellknight can they force power so inherently chaotic to serve them and still remain the ssence of law ?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Is there a list of mythic paths and what they do somewhere?
Aeon, Angel, Azata, Demon, Devil, Dragon, Legend, Lich, Swarm, Trickster.

Devil, Dragon, Legend, and (mostly) Swarm aren't in the Alpha.
By "what they do" do you mean their specific abilities?

I meant something like what special abilities do they get or how are the differentiated. Don't worry about it though I'm sure it will be in a wiki soon.

Btw can the trickster give himself the roll20 buff or can only target allies.
Should be any target within range.
Will be crazy good with some lategame CCs most likely. actually itll be crazy good with anything.

I'm looking forward to automatic critical hits with an empowered Hellfire Ray with surprise spells.

Spells and Critical Hits

A spell that requires an attack roll can score a critical hit. A spell attack that requires no attack roll cannot score a critical hit. If a spell causes ability damage or drain (see Special Abilities), the damage or drain is doubled on a critical hit.
:evilcodex:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Для тех, кто понимает язык морских пехотинцев, которые высадятся на радиоактивный пепел Нью-Йорка, есть довольно подробный отзыв на альфу "Ярости Праведных": https://dtf.ru/games/223581-velikay...alfa-versii-pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous

For the uninitiated here is the translation on one zoomer's site: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/j7bvyk/the_great_ordeal_pathfinder_wrath_of_the/

BarbequeMasta

Learned
So since people can past screenshots(with permission apparently) how long till we get more vids about the game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Для тех, кто понимает язык морских пехотинцев, которые высадятся на радиоактивный пепел Нью-Йорка, есть довольно подробный отзыв на альфу "Ярости Праведных": https://dtf.ru/games/223581-velikay...alfa-versii-pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous

For the uninitiated here is the translation on one zoomer's site: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/j7bvyk/the_great_ordeal_pathfinder_wrath_of_the/
hard to even begin reading after writer says that grafix and misses were main problems of the game
fuck the comment section of this is complete cancer, where do so many russian casuals are even coming from? but I guess 1 mln dolars is what matters in the end.

the personal cannibal slave girl sounds like a +

the rest somewhat sounds like a minus to me. going into grimdark never ends well for amateur writers (and owlcats are amateurs) and awkward try to mash HOMM5 and more banal management into d&d is questionable.
also rotatable camera. it's a problem for everything.

rotatable camera is cancer, not worth it. don't care how many caches of [scrolls yoyu already have] and [potion of x] you find with it.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
what difference there is between combat on this spiral hill to any other combat?

probably none, so what's the point?

it's most likely a marketing schtick akin to full voice acting or one of designers (wrong) perception that extra caches of loot make up for extra time you spend on fucking around with maps and camera; it doesn't provide a value equal to resources spent.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Just pray that WOTR doesn't sells more than a few 100k copies or they add full voice acting in their next game. They already doubled the number of gay romances and black compaions and WOTR will be a shorter game the path the are going is pretty clear. :decline:

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Just pray that WOTR doesn't sells more than a few 100k copies or they add full voice acting in their next game. They already doubled the number of gay romances and black compaions and WOTR will be a shorter game the path the are going is pretty clear. :decline:

It's shorter because:
A. No DLC yet.
B. The various Paths are much more different from one another.
C. A lot of people actually complained that Kingmaker is too long (not me).

I'm REALLY curious about the future DLC. I hope, with all my heart, that they'll simply make a proper expansion in the form of a separate Adventure Module - one of the shorter ones, or contained within a smaller area (Hell's Rebels is my pick).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom