Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking of backgrounds, do they ever pop up in dialogue?

Not yet
Have the devs confirmed that they plan on implementing such reactivity though?

There is supposed to be more and Background would be an easy way to get there so I wouldn't be surprised once they get done with all the important stuff like trashing their cultural heritage to suck up to the fake mores of a declining empire.

Desiderius

Patron
They'd better get the classes working before Cohh does his look at every class and subclass or that's going to be a trainwreck.

For most of the new classes the tooltips haven't even been populated yet.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Double reactivity was literally a stretch goal. Your guess is as good as mine on what this actually means.
There is already some reactivity towards race. That is more than there was in Kingmaker.
That's a really low bar to clear, though.

"Oh good God, what the fuck are you? I've never seen an aasimar in my entire life". Said the aasimar, scratching her wings.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Vatnik Wumao
Speaking of backgrounds, do they ever pop up in dialogue?

Not yet

Not background I think? As far as I know the reactivity stretch goal is class/race/religion reactivity. Some of them are in (Dhampir can buy elven blood I think?) but not much yet. These kind of thing will probably be done much later
I was under the impression that chapters 1 to 3 were complete and no further content would be added to them, in dialogue or otherwise.

Lacrymas

Arcane
RE: Druidic lich - I know what my next character will be. The lore is going to be weird though. Isn't lichdom an inherently arcane process? How is a nature philactery going to work? I guess a great tree might be the focus, but yeah, no idea.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm not saying a multiclass is an issue, it's more if the Druid wants to achieve lichdom through nature.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I expected a lot more "im behind 9000 skeletons gl" abilities for the lich, instead there is everything, nuking melee natural attacks, but what you expect. Looks much better suited for gishes of various kind. Or anything with some bab and attacks.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I think the "I'm behind 9000 skeletons gl" kind of lich is better suited for RTSes and not RPGs. It's very easy to make it either underwhelming or overpowered in RPGs. I like the necromancer in ToME, though, especially the new reworked version.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I expected a lot more "im behind 9000 skeletons gl" abilities for the lich, instead there is everything, nuking melee natural attacks, but what you expect. Looks much better suited for gishes of various kind. Or anything with some bab and attacks.

Regular liches are casters. Mythic liches are death knights. What's confusing?

Desiderius

Patron
Death is at the very heart of nature itself. Cancerous cells are those who've turned off their death switch. Have to make way for the new generation to grow.

Sjukob

Arcane
The ingame graphics are so detached from the portratis. Wenduag doesn't have spider legs on her back, Camellia has that same hunchbacked idle posture like every soldier next to her even though she has that fine lady pose in the portrait. It's so lazy.
The evil bitch has a unique model, so there still might be a chance for the others. I think I've seen that Lann has unique appearance too.
1612535332999.png

Salvo

Arcane
The ingame graphics are so detached from the portratis. Wenduag doesn't have spider legs on her back, Camellia has that same hunchbacked idle posture like every soldier next to her even though she has that fine lady pose in the portrait. It's so lazy.
The evil bitch has a unique model, so there still might be a chance for the others. I think I've seen that Lann has unique appearance too.
1612535332999.png

Wenduag's model hasn't been updated yet. It's the same as the one in the Alpha, where she didn't have a portrait yet. Also pic related is new to Beta, so they are definetely still adding them in.

But yeah, complaining about missing stuff in a Beta is somewhat... hypocritical. You know what you're getting into.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom