Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Not really when you can see what they prioritized. And didn't.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
RE: Druidic lich - I know what my next character will be. The lore is going to be weird though. Isn't lichdom an inherently arcane process? How is a nature philactery going to work? I guess a great tree might be the focus, but yeah, no idea.

The process is kinda handwaved but:

The process of becoming a Lich is from a ritual made by Zacharius, an old crusader Lich. He yadda yadda I am genius that cut the process of being a Lich to be ezpz. Your soul being malleable due to the experiment probably play a part as well. The process is arcane. It's just other Lich is doing it for you

Robber Baron

Savant
The ingame graphics are so detached from the portratis. Wenduag doesn't have spider legs on her back, Camellia has that same hunchbacked idle posture like every soldier next to her even though she has that fine lady pose in the portrait. It's so lazy.
The evil bitch has a unique model, so there still might be a chance for the others. I think I've seen that Lann has unique appearance too.
1612535332999.png

That looks good, unique idle animations or a pool of several different idle animations for creatures/NPC is very important in breathing the life into the gameworld. When games went from 2d to 3d the use of universal skeleton for the game creatures coupled with laziness really dragged the artistic diversity of many games down.

Delterius

Arcane
I'm not saying a multiclass is an issue, it's more if the Druid wants to achieve lichdom through nature.
I think part of the big deal of being a Druid-Lich should be that it wasn't possible to achieve lichdom through nature, imo. Even a Blight Druid is harnessing powers of rot and decay. Vermin, Plague and the like is life of a different sort. Most of them do so in recovery of nature. Lichdom is the kind of stagnation that is alien to the Material Plane. Its more akin to the Shadow Plane.

Desiderius

Patron
Mother Nature prefers mortality to the alternative.

Which goes back to the idea that you’d think Lich would be all about Finger of Death and shit but you’d be wrong. Lich is about undeath, not death.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The only other noticeable encounter is the Monitor Lizard which is wholly optional and has 0 rewards as well.
The only reward I need is the blood of my enemies on my hands.

If this is as good as Kingmaker, with the expanded list of available classes, I reckon I might easily reach a 4-digits playtime.
Yeah the game looks like a heaven/hell for the minamexrs :). There will be a lot of posts from people that replayed the first 30 minutes like 50 times. The game is shaping really good,i am really hyped for sure. It will be quite the irony if we all die from a corona mutation just before release.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo i skimmed a bit more on cohh and saw the mythic first level. And the affinity thing seems a bit of meh,it lacks neutrality option and the fuck is power of freedom buahahahahah. I would have done it a bit differently,maybe giving a bit attribute bonus and having a bigger choice like cosmic horrors,chaos planes etc etc. It should have been more of a lore/flavour choice that affects your dialogues and choices. As it is clearly some skills are far better than the rest lol. Clearly the better one is the good one,it gives you good healing/damage 3 times a day. The dead one is good if you go lich,but useless otherwise. The others are meh,lol at the law one,getting a dispel spell out of it buahahahahaha,sad. You would think that an unrelenting force would do more for you that give you a useless mid level spell :).

Dispel is useless? You'll soon see the error of your ways there, but obviously the best one is Mirror Image/+3 to skillz. When will you fools ever start playing this awesome game instead of the shitty MMO in your head? Combat stats are for clowns.
LoL it is useless because you could find it easy,it is a mid level spell lol. Also i am yet to need it in all of the D&D games i have played lol. Just stab that shit in the back and watch it die. I always go for damage and am yet to have problem finish a game :smug:

Edit:Yeah the mirror image also seems useful,tho the rest are pretty meh.

Desiderius

Patron
200-some MB update downloading. Patch notes anywhere?

Also Nenio sheet says Human and she doesn’t get Kitsune racial boost but can take Kitsune Feats (can’t change shape).

She does come with Scribe scrolls and can make Mirror Image scrolls right off the bat. I got higher level Alchemist Kit and made super Barkskin potion.

This is going to be good.

Salvo

Arcane
200-some MB update downloading. Patch notes anywhere?

Also Nenio sheet says Human and she doesn’t get Kitsune racial boost but can take Kitsune Feats (can’t change shape).

She does come with Scribe scrolls and can make Mirror Image scrolls right off the bat. I got higher level Alchemist Kit and made super Barkskin potion.

This is going to be good.

Keep us poorfags updated, my lombard.

razvedchiki

Magister
hows itemization? was checking the module pnp books and each chapter has some legendary gear that can be found ranging from horse harness to banners and longswords.
did they implement any of that?

Desiderius

Patron
Gear has a lot of unique procs without being OP (less stat boosts so more rooms for buffs).

razvedchiki

Magister
hope there are some decent longswords, i cried manly tears every time i waited 5 chapters in kingmaker for a decent longsword.
also hope i can use 2 types of weapons since i will play a cavalier, lances mounted longswords/hammers dismounted for the proper knight experience.

Desiderius

Patron
More suck prevention:

Tutorial Shooting into Melee.jpg

Nenio making Mirror Image scrolls

Nenio's Scribing.jpg

Scroll Savant making own scrolls is pretty sweet, but making them for spontaneous caster Daeran almost as good

Scribing Interface.jpg

Alchemist MC making a potion so sweet only the pros will get how awesome this is:

Alchemist Brewing.jpg

Scribing equipment needed to make scrolls like that runs 16k so hoping it might turn up in loot.

Resting Bonus.jpg

Resting bonus from high Lore (Religion)

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
hope there are some decent longswords, i cried manly tears every time i waited 5 chapters in kingmaker for a decent longsword.
also hope i can use 2 types of weapons since i will play a cavalier, lances mounted longswords/hammers dismounted for the proper knight experience.
IIRC from the Alpha, longswords were one of the better-represented weapons in the game. There's one available beginning in chapter 2 that's amazing, it does aoe acid damage only to enemies.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
That one is kind of boring, not to mention expensive. One of the main quests in the game revolves around a long sword so you should be good regardless.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Gear has a lot of unique procs without being OP (less stat boosts so more rooms for buffs).
Having too many unique items takes away the unique part :). Do hope that it doesn't end up a mash of magical item that you have no use for but you keep because....magical.

Desiderius

Patron
There’s a little of that but the effects are different enough that you’ll have a good feel for what to sell and what to keep. Gear is highlight so far and not gated behind KM like P:K.

Desiderius

Patron
I like it for when you can get it. And money wasn't really an issue in the Alpha.

Money is a massive issue. There are very unique, very expensive items that you very much want that are only available for a limited time. This game is about skills. If you’re playing some MMO you’re missing half the game.

The better half.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There’s a little of that but the effects are different enough that you’ll have a good feel for what to sell and what to keep. Gear is highlight so far and not gated behind KM like P:K.
It would be better if they make a difference between artefacts and magical items. Like colour coding the background sparkle in to some other colour. In kingmaker it was a chore to shift trough all the low level magical loot to sell because they all looked the same.

Also it is a shame that they kept the encumbrance mechanic,it is clearly a retarded and pointless one. It is generally a time waster. You explore a place,don't pick items because muh encumbrance,then you leave the map and pick them all,if there is a shop in the next map you sell,if not you drop them on the ground and explore lol. Kingmaker was a lot more fun if you ignored the whole mechanic and just got the mod.

Money is a massive issue.
What does it affect the prices? Is it like in kingmaker or is there skills/traits?

PS:solasta's idea for junk look is pretty good,should be tried out in more games. Also realistic.

purpleblob

Augur

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom