Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This was the case in P:K too. Could use it all the way up to rescuing either reg/oct or the two companions who joined what's his face instead of you (basically when you had a greater-than-full-size party). Let you be lvl 2 when leaving Aldori and almost level by the time you hit the spider cave just after Oleg.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/7/1630790506920383184/

Honestly, this feels more like an exploit/unintended feature.

Unless you play solo or less than 6 party just leave it as it is. Both KM and WotR have enemy progression curve balanced vs Party EXP sharing. Getting more exp and level than intended by exploiting the system will make the game less challenging than it should be. And WotR is already realtively fast too level wise.

The only time that this might be OK to use is KM Unfair I guess because the frist 2 act is just too RNG fest to be fun at low level.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
An example of the tutorial working well to walk people through how things work and why (and why it's important):
There will still be people who completely skip through the tutorials and then complain. Don't worry everybody, we'll still have plenty of people making ignorant negative reviews to make fun of here

Technomancer

Liturgist
New lich powers, made an image for them. It's similar to azata superpowers, over your ten mythic levels you can get three of them. Yes, lich got buffed to those who played the alpha.

SPOILER_Lich_one.jpg

SPOILER_Lich_two.png
Lmao! Death of elements Caustic Eruption. Massive AOE with DOT and healing over time for your undead.

:shredder:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So no rat race, but rat swarm to kill?

For the purposes of equality, I demand a fox swarm I can kill.

Nenio's intro has me wanting to kill her, and Owlcat, now. Simp this companion or lose her. As if femael sperg weren't bad enough. Do actually love and want to play character, but shld be male. Femael and simp requirement bad. Make Sos Femael and Nenio male and you're closer to not sucking.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
More tutorial goodness for buttkicking:

Tutorial Flat-footed.jpg

Tutorial Messages.jpg

OverloadIIncorporeal Tutorial.jpg

Animal Companions get classes (not currently working) and levels where you can choose feats (this is why so many Feats require 3 INT now) which is:

Trainable Companion Seelah.jpg

Notice that Trip now correctly replaces an attack instead of being a Standard Action. Pretty big deal.

Fencing Grace Camellia.jpg

Fencing Grace says it needs a free hand which would suck for Camellia but it works fine with Buckler (you still may prefer to get Mythic Finesse for DEX-DAM instead).

Bugged Potion Brewing.jpg

My Alchemist gets Brew Potion Feat for free but game isn't recognizing Alchemist Set I bought for him so not able to Brew Potions yet. Owlcat has a lot of people who like coming up with shit but not as many who like testing it.

Desiderius

Patron
The only time that this might be OK to use is KM Unfair I guess because the frist 2 act is just too RNG fest to be fun at low level.

Maze on Core is a little overtuned if you do not do this. Plus only have four in team instead of six. YMMV.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Heya! Currently streaming the Beta for Wrath of the Righteous, if you want to take a look!

I also did a write up of my impressions of the beta on my forums. If that may interest you as well. You can view that here.

God Bless.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo i skimmed a bit more on cohh and saw the mythic first level. And the affinity thing seems a bit of meh,it lacks neutrality option and the fuck is power of freedom buahahahahah. I would have done it a bit differently,maybe giving a bit attribute bonus and having a bigger choice like cosmic horrors,chaos planes etc etc. It should have been more of a lore/flavour choice that affects your dialogues and choices. As it is clearly some skills are far better than the rest lol. Clearly the better one is the good one,it gives you good healing/damage 3 times a day. The dead one is good if you go lich,but useless otherwise. The others are meh,lol at the law one,getting a dispel spell out of it buahahahahaha,sad. You would think that an unrelenting force would do more for you that give you a useless mid level spell :).

Salvo

Arcane
Heya! Currently streaming the Beta for Wrath of the Righteous, if you want to take a look!

I also did a write up of my impressions of the beta on my forums. If that may interest you as well. You can view that here.

God Bless.

Pink Eye! You're alive! :love:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Maze on Core is a little overtuned if you do not do this. Plus only have four in team instead of six. YMMV.

Well it's a bit more complex. The problem with maze is that you have 3 party member which is fixed, Paladin, Shaman, an archer (Zen/FIghter), and limited rest (2 times total). Depending on your class it can be a normal romp or a nightmare. Playing arcane caster there gotta be really shitty I reckon due to limited rest and the number of encounters.

Some encounter like Water Elemental one is wholly optional and you kinda need to do that last. The dungeon gives potion of Blur, Barksin, and Resist Cold. To handle that guy.

The only other noticeable encounter is the Monitor Lizard which is wholly optional and has 0 rewards as well.

Desiderius

Patron

Well it's a bit more complex. The problem with maze is that you have 3 party member which is fixed, Paladin, Shaman, an archer (Zen/FIghter), and limited rest (2 times total). Depending on your class it can be a normal romp or a nightmare. Playing arcane caster there gotta be really shitty I reckon due to limited rest and the number of encounters.

Some encounter like Water Elemental one is wholly optional and you kinda need to do that last. The dungeon gives potion of Blur, Barksin, and Resist Cold. To handle that guy.

The only other noticeable encounter is the Monitor Lizard which is wholly optional and has 0 rewards as well.

Yes I suppose you could beeline it but you’re better off picking up the loot and EXP from full clear with expanded number of enemies. You can leave out Lizard if you want but it isn’t main threat since it’s alone.

Daze is good action economy for early casters but Mongrels are not Humanoid and most foes are too high level anyway.

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane

What happens if you rest more than two times? I've always managed to clear the Maze in either one or no rests at all.

Desiderius

Patron
Sooo i skimmed a bit more on cohh and saw the mythic first level. And the affinity thing seems a bit of meh,it lacks neutrality option and the fuck is power of freedom buahahahahah. I would have done it a bit differently,maybe giving a bit attribute bonus and having a bigger choice like cosmic horrors,chaos planes etc etc. It should have been more of a lore/flavour choice that affects your dialogues and choices. As it is clearly some skills are far better than the rest lol. Clearly the better one is the good one,it gives you good healing/damage 3 times a day. The dead one is good if you go lich,but useless otherwise. The others are meh,lol at the law one,getting a dispel spell out of it buahahahahaha,sad. You would think that an unrelenting force would do more for you that give you a useless mid level spell :).

Dispel is useless? You'll soon see the error of your ways there, but obviously the best one is Mirror Image/+3 to skillz. When will you fools ever start playing this awesome game instead of the shitty MMO in your head? Combat stats are for clowns.

Desiderius

Patron
Good runs! Had to end the stream, because FPS stuttering plus sluggish rotational camera, made me almost puke!

It gets better after Market.

Speaking of backgrounds, do they ever pop up in dialogue?

Not yet, but they are essential for filling in missing Proficiencies/class skills, and in a couple cases more than that.

can anyone upload some screens of cavalier+archetypes? asking for a friend.

Will do but Mounted Combat and new classes in general are still buggy. Basically non-spellcasting team buffs massive Charge damage is what you're about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom