Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
People are streaming the game, it's not under NDA anymore. They said so in the Kickstarter update.
I just had my doubts since I don't see any screenshots being posted ITT by other users that have beta access.

We're busy trying to figure out what isn't broken.
Too few things.
GutL5SG.jpg

is that a warhammer fantasy knight pic? :obviously:
My go-to grimderpy knight custom portrait:
bmFsyNC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinros

Learned
New lich powers, made an image for them. It's similar to azata superpowers, over your ten mythic levels you can get three of them. Yes, lich got buffed to those who played the alpha.

SPOILER_Lich_one.jpg

SPOILER_Lich_two.png

Sjukob

Arcane
I've wanted to ask this for some time, how does azata zippy magic interact with chain lightning? Does it allow you to create two bouncing bolts? If it does, can the secondary bolt hit creatures that have already been struck by the primary one?

It would've been pretty hilarious if it worked like that. It would've basically turned the spell into a "delete everything on the screen" button, especially for the arcane tricksters.
Somebody, please test this.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I've wanted to ask this for some time, how does azata zippy magic interact with chain lightning? Does it allow you to create two bouncing bolts? If it does, can the secondary bolt hit creatures that have already been struck by the primary one?

It would've been pretty hilarious if it worked like that. It would've basically turned the spell into a "delete everything on the screen" button, especially for the arcane tricksters.
Somebody, please test this.

There's a good bit of Electrical Resistance/Immunity so you'd have extra work to do but yeah there are a lot of delete buttons in current version.

Desiderius

Patron
An example of the tutorial working well to walk people through how things work and why (and why it's important):

Tutorial Skill checks.jpg

Shinros

Learned
Oh by the way on the lich powers, I forgot one of them, fear control for those who like doing frightened/mind affect builds. Updated the second image. My editing skills need more work.
SPOILER_Lich_two.png

Vatnik Wumao
Oh by the way on the lich powers, I forgot one of them, fear control for those who like doing frightened/mind affect builds. Updated the second image.
SPOILER_Lich_two.png
For a melee build, fear control + indestructible bones seems pretty good. Not sure on the third pick though.

Shinros

Learned
For a melee build, fear control + indestructible bones seems pretty good. Not sure on the third pick though.

I would say magic devourer, you get magic resistance and if you get hit by magic you become quickened, don't forgot no matter your class you're getting a lich spellbook on top of your powers. A Wizard might get their spells earlier, but other classes still get some fun tools.

Vatnik Wumao

I would say magic devourer, you get magic resistance and if you get hit by magic you become quickened, don't forgot no matter your class you're getting a lich spellbook on top of your powers. A Wizard might get their spells earlier, but other classes still get some fun tools.
Yeah, either that or maybe undead mount if you go cavalier.

Desiderius

Patron
One weird trick if you want to boost your early experience:

Experience.jpg

Keep this on at all times except when you see an End Dialogue button before gaining a new party member:

End Dialogue.jpg

Turn it off then (yes you can do this in the middle of dialogue) then back on after the new character joins (this allows them to gain all your experience). Seelah starts with this much experience:

Seelah Start.jpg

Camellia with this much:

Camellia starting EXP.jpg

And you'll hit level 2 before Lann/Wend join and level 3 early in maze.

Desiderius

Patron
So Wolj is confirmed bi and Sos gay?

Confirmed that they knifed Avellone?

Last edited:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
New lich powers, made an image for them. It's similar to azata superpowers, over your ten mythic levels you can get three of them. Yes, lich got buffed to those who played the alpha.

SPOILER_Lich_one.jpg

SPOILER_Lich_two.png
Is there a list of the Azata powers somewhere? I was considering that or Trickster for my current run.

Bara

Arcane
Oh by the way on the lich powers, I forgot one of them, fear control for those who like doing frightened/mind affect builds. Updated the second image. My editing skills need more work.
SPOILER_Lich_two.png

Reading the animal companion one makes me wonder how druidic liches would work.

Divine liches work fine with gods of undeath and such, arcane liches are a of couse, but kinda hard to reconcile the idea of somone who worships nature and life turning to a incarnation of death.

I guess druids who focus on aspects on winter would work but thats more a life waning to surge back in spring then a final death.

Shinros

Learned
Reading the animal companion one makes me wonder how druidic liches would work.

Divine liches work fine with gods of undeath and such, arcane liches are a of couse, but kinda hard to reconcile the idea of somone who worships nature and life turning to a incarnation of death.

I guess druids who focus on aspects on winter would work but thats more a life waning to surge back in spring then a final death.

There are evil druids who focus on plague and death, like cleric they also get necromancy spells and can animate dead at caster level 3, it's an express point in pathfinder that such druids worship Urgathoa.

Percy

Cipher
death of elements and negative energy mastery are interesting

lich alchemists and kineticists?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's weird that Lich is apparently geared for blasters and does nothing special for fort-save Necromancy spells. You might even be better off going Azata if you want to spam Fingers of Death.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Few questions...

Is this still rtwp + TB?

Are encounters still designed the same for both combat modes?

Do companions have proper AI scripts like in the infinity engine games or do they still only auto attack and cast one ability?

Because in the first game it sucked to fight all that rtwp trash in TB mode.

There is TB yes.

Yes, the game is designed around rtwp, TB is just option for all the TB whiners. There are encounter that will make you pull your hair out as it will take 1 hour in TB (Tavern Attack)

Companion AI only auto attack/use set skills you put on auto unfortunately.

On positive note, the enemies are getting OKish behaviour overhaul. Instead of just beelining to you some enemies use SLA and Combat Maneuver as well.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
lol buffing Lich literal top tier mythic choice in the Alpha

Aeon and Demon are the mythic that need buff the most

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
One weird trick if you want to boost your early experience:

View attachment 17309

Keep this on at all times except when you see an End Dialogue button before gaining a new party member:

View attachment 17310

Turn it off then (yes you can do this in the middle of dialogue) then back on after the new character joins (this allows them to gain all your experience). Seelah starts with this much experience:

View attachment 17311

Camellia with this much:

View attachment 17312

And you'll hit level 2 before Lann/Wend join and level 3 early in maze.
This was the case in P:K too. Could use it all the way up to rescuing either reg/oct or the two companions who joined what's his face instead of you (basically when you had a greater-than-full-size party). Let you be lvl 2 when leaving Aldori and almost level by the time you hit the spider cave just after Oleg.

Desiderius

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom