Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deadass

Savant
redpill me on the legend mythic path
Dunno how accurate these posts are, but from /vrpg/:
And in the Legend path, Areelu kidnaps you and tries to force you to take the Mythic power back. She tries to convince you, but if that fails, she'll outright bribe you.

Value": "\" You continue to persist \ ", {n} - Arilu says detachedly. {/ N} \" I have to offer you for the last time - give up. Get your strength back. Stop shredding your own soul. If all my reasonable arguments do not convince you, I am ready to present you with several unique artifacts from my collection. You will not find anything equal to them. \ "},

{"Key": "e1e5b236-e89b-40bb-ae72-0c1dc65d7259","Value": "{n} Arilu wants to say something else, but only purses her lips and looks at you with cold fury - and, oddly enough, anxiety. And immediately disappears just as silently. {/ N}"},
The "final choice" isn't written yet I think, lich has six events to gain troops, legend has only five. The last two are some Garundi guy with a ring full of battle spirits that you can use, or tell him to keep the ring and fight as a soldier. Then your advisors all tell you they've brought in a bunch of their own troops.

There are demon worshipers and saints, necromancers and revolutionaries of Elysium, drunken fools and wise dragons. They have nothing in common, except for one thing - they like Golarion, and they want to help protect it.

"It is amazing to see how mortals of such dissimilar convictions do not attack each other, but quietly wait at the gate, while you announce the conditions on which they will be allowed to join your campaign."

so this is the gigachad path

Delterius

Arcane
Damn I just thought of a character concept I think you can't do in Wrathfinder. Dirge Bard, except he's not a sad edgy person, he's a happy mexican skeleton guitar player straight from Grim Fandango.

time to die cabrón haha *HAPPY DEAD PEOPLE MUSIC*

stock-vector-mexican-day-of-the-dead-skeleton-playing-a-guitar-1526934641.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
This is pretty much the CG Dirge Bard Trickster that I played in first Alpha.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Damn I just thought of a character concept I think you can't do in Wrathfinder. Dirge Bard, except he's not a sad edgy person, he's a happy mexican skeleton guitar player straight from Grim Fandango
the secret to happiness is to have the heart of a 12 yo.
i keep it in a jar over there.

Vatnik Wumao
We already know some endings for Lich, Swarm, Azata and Aeon.
Care to share?
Lich:
"Sacrificed your phylactery to close the Worldwound, remaining the eternal lord of death."

"I am the power of life and death, and I know how to deceive fate. Part of my soul is enclosed in this phylactery. I will give it to Worldwound, and I will remain. For this is the power of undeath.

Aeon:
To be an Aeon is to understand that there if any crime can be justified, then all crimes can be justified. If opinion is allowed to decide the righteousness of Law, then there is no Law. Merely Chaos that deceives itself. I understood this, and so I sacrificed my mortal life. I am Aeon now, and by the will of the Monad, I have always been so.

With the death of Areelu, the final nail is pulled free, and a terrible crime can be undone. The power of the Monad flows through you, and the Worldwound ceases to be. Not merely now, but in all times, all places. The terrible wound it inflicted is undone, and with a heavy groan, the universe slides back towards it's original path. The Crusade ceases to be. Your allies cease to be. Not even the greatest of the divine powers will remember these events ever came to pass. Only Baphomet, Nocitula and Deskari, imprisoned forever in the temporal prison of the Monad will know, silently screaming from their frozen lips, banished from reality, thought and time. As Aeon, I have judged them.

Swarm:
It’s a pity I didn’t have the chance to devour Areelu. But nothing - I’ve already set the table, and that’s all of Golarion and the Abyss! I will not close the Worldwound, for it's the gateway to my future slaves. I will feast until my soul rots. And when I finally perish, there won’t be anyone alive to enjoy it.

Others:
Trickster - "It's time to play one last joke, and I am its final line."
Devil - "The Worldwound must be closed for the Abyss forces to learn their lesson. Mephistopheles, I hope you are listening, remember our contract."
Gold Dragon I think - "Destruction is not the only choice. The wise will find their way where others see only wilderness. And I know where my road leads. I will not close the Worldwound, even if it threatens my life. I will become its eternal guardian. It will take centuries, but I will heal the evil nature of this rift - and the nature of those who walk through it."
Azata - "Time to end one life - and make way for many more."

Delterius

Arcane
Damn I just thought of a character concept I think you can't do in Wrathfinder. Dirge Bard, except he's not a sad edgy person, he's a happy mexican skeleton guitar player straight from Grim Fandango
the secret to happiness is to have the heart of a 12 yo.
i keep it in a jar over there.
Why, yes my chosen path is Trickster, how did you know?

This shit is on the road to Deadfire. Need to get the wimmenfolk under control. Wolj just called me Dreamboat first line. This was just inserted (wasn't in the Alpha).

I spent ten years in fucking theater. I did a show where I was the only straight man in the cast. This is not how it works. At minimum its entirely immersion breaking.

Infinidick can ban me if he wants but somebody needs to get through to these Russian simps before they ruin this whole good thing they had going.
Yeah, some of the things present are outright disgusting, like the Sosiel romance I've just posted. It's not even funny or meme worthy, it's just nasty. The Regongar and Octavia in Kingmaker were already too degenarate for me, I've never went that route, only seen some screenshots of the dialogue, but it was bad and now they are taking it further. It's hard to believe that somebody spent his time writing it and even got paid for it, the money and effort wasted on it could've been spent on gameplay or bugfixing or some actual important/interesting dialogue. And the worst thing is that majority of people are happy about this, even the russians, just check the official owlcat vkontakte group, if you can read russian of course. I fear that Owlcat will become the next Larian.
Regongar and Octavia was just a toe dip in the waters of degeneracy. They wanted to see how much they could get away with.

Salvo

Arcane
We already know some endings for Lich, Swarm, Azata and Aeon.
Care to share?

MASSIVE SPOILERS (duh) open at your own risk

I can't be arsed to go back and find the datamined typesets so here's a small summary.

Lich: You throw your phylactery into the Worldwound which allows you to close it while, at the the same time, scattering your phylactery into the planes which makes it almost untraceable. You sacrifice a piece of your soul but since you're undead you can close the Worldwound and remain "alive".

Azata: You use your "island" which is like the physical manifestation of your mythic azata power to close the worldwound like a cork, while also healing all the land around and cleansing it from demonic corruption. May or may not sacrifice yourself to do it.

Swarm: You eat literally everyone. You eat Galfrey, Anevia, Irabeth, the Crusade, Deskari, Areelu Voresh and THEN you keep the Worldwound open so that you can slowly feed upon the entirey of the Abyss.

Aeon: You go so far back in time and space that you prevent the events that caused the Worldwound from appearing. Your allies disappear in front of you, so does the Crusade and the Worldwound. So basically you nullify the events of the game by preventing them from happening. Then you become a fully-fledged janny and enforce the will of the Monad.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Regongar and Octavia was just a toe dip in the waters of degeneracy. They wanted to see how much they could get away with.
Or they saw how much attention they got form the furry degens during the race poll and figured it was a good business opportunity. They came in droves. Some people backing the game just to vote and support foxes

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Does the demon invasion warrant such an extreme reaction like giving yourself over to the Swarm to stop it, though? If we think about this as if we were actually that character in that situation. It seems like all the evil paths are somehow worse than the demon invasion?
Worldwound_expansion_map.jpg

This is what happens if the players fail in the Wrath AP. It is not inconceivable that someone would take extreme measures to try and stop it. The road to hell (or the abyss) is paved with good intentions, after all.

Delterius

Arcane
Does the demon invasion warrant such an extreme reaction like giving yourself over to the Swarm to stop it, though? If we think about this as if we were actually that character in that situation. It seems like all the evil paths are somehow worse than the demon invasion?
View attachment 17305
This is what happens if the players fail in the Wrath AP. It is not inconceivable that someone would take extreme measures to try and stop it. The road to hell (or the abyss) is paved with good intentions, after all.
Oh thank God Numeria ceases to exist before the demons reach my Kingdom, where I get to save the world again. All is well.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh something that is mentioned in Discord I think:

how mythics work will be different from Alpha to Beta. Now so long you fulfill the narrative requirement you can choose any mythic path in the end chapter 2.

Decline? But wait.

Instead in the Mythic Paths exclusive quests, the choice that aligns with your mythic path will move you towards certain alignment. E.g. I can start as LN but if I choose demon and keep choosing demon related choice I will move to CE.

What happens when you refuse to do those Mythic choices? Dev said that your "patron" (e.g. Monad in the case of Aeon) will depower you and you will lose some power from that mythic path.

I think several pages ago there is a discussion about "What if Lich doesn't pick any Lich-based choices?" so at least mechanically the devs have considered the consequences instead of just railroading you. And if the game acknowledges this mechanically hopefully it will also have a narrative impact. Probably something to do with Legend?

Reinhardt

Arcane
As such, the story of demon edge boy can be like this: PC has magic. PC sees a bunch of fucked up shit and reacts with anger and a need to just fucking kill the demon assholes. PC is consumed by said passion. Enemy Demon metaphorically steps on PC's throat, forcing them to use magic. Moment of duress happens twice more. PC is now a Demon. You never step back and make a sober choice to be a cunt. Australia just happens to you.
To summarize:

Fuck your "gods"
6553_600.png

Vatnik Wumao
As such, the story of demon edge boy can be like this: PC has magic. PC sees a bunch of fucked up shit and reacts with anger and a need to just fucking kill the demon assholes. PC is consumed by said passion. Enemy Demon metaphorically steps on PC's throat, forcing them to use magic. Moment of duress happens twice more. PC is now a Demon. You never step back and make a sober choice to be a cunt. Australia just happens to you.
To summarize:

Fuck your "gods"
6553_600.png

I care for no god.
570b1547339aa8ac6202394922e02b1f.jpeg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I think several pages ago there is a discussion about "What if Lich doesn't pick any Lich-based choices?" so at least mechanically the devs have considered the consequences instead of just railroading you. And if the game acknowledges this mechanically hopefully it will also have a narrative impact. Probably something to do with Legend?

Yeah I mean what if you become a Lich because you really really want to bring back from the dead this person that you love because she molested you when you were eight and she was super hot? And then you like destroy entire star systems and shit out of your grief but you're inspired by your son to turn against evil and end up a CG(I) ghost surrounded by furries more cringe than Kitsune?

Many such cases.

Reinhardt

Arcane
To summarize:

Fuck your "gods"
6553_600.png

I care for no god.
570b1547339aa8ac6202394922e02b1f.jpeg

16221_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom