Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
6 dozen classes and races - nearly infinite combinations - and all I want to play is a human fighter.

It’s probably top 5% power wise and a great and varied play experience to boot. Last run through in Alpha that was MC with Trickster and was very satisfied.

A pure Fighter is a "varied play experience"? Did they add a bunch of shit to it compared to Kingmaker?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, should be. A real nice troll attempt on certain member of Codex
Fill us in.

A certain member who's alias starts with L and thinks she is the greatest RPG connoisseur is in the game. I didn't get to see any further than that though.

For those who didn't see Codex quest NPC:

9a7ByOb.jpg

Good stuff.

This isn't all, though! There is more Codex quest content later in the game, including in a chapter included in the beta. It's more low key than this encounter, though. And I don't know if everything has been implemented yet.

InternalRevenue

Educated
Don't suppose Owlcat have added weapon and multicharge spells like produce flame, flame blade, chill touch and frostbite? The COTW versions of the first two were kind of clunky to use but all worked and buffed up druid/shaman's early damage options nicely.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
6 dozen classes and races - nearly infinite combinations - and all I want to play is a human fighter.

It’s probably top 5% power wise and a great and varied play experience to boot. Last run through in Alpha that was MC with Trickster and was very satisfied.

A pure Fighter is a "varied play experience"? Did they add a bunch of shit to it compared to Kingmaker?

P:K added it in last DLC (Advanced Weapon Training) but a lot was already there due to all the bonus Feats.

Reinhardt

Arcane
If you think those are generic garbage you’re even worse at this game than I thought. I haven’t posted the stuff I’m talking about because I haven’t gotten there yet.

I’ve bought the Charge armor in the past but spent that money on Alchemy/Scribing equipment.
Git gud grandpa,or make way! What kind of decrepit faggot you have to be to need a +1 garbage tier equipment so you could win lol.
DAS RITE! Who needs equip at all. Especially on story mode with enemy stats set at 10%.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher

InternalRevenue

Educated
What is up with the creature model sizes? Watching the steam there were young giant spiders and flies that are "size small" when inspected but visually and footprint-wise they appear to be large. Hopefully just beta things.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm very early in the beta (barely finished prologue), but so far I haven't come across many bugs - really only one which is the blank loot screen thing which I figured out can be resolved by scrolling up. So at least the early game is in better shape than Kingmaker was on release.

There are still things that aren't implemented at all or barely implemented like certain classes/subclasses and their abilities, which is similar to release state Kingmaker. All in all though, I've had a pretty sold impression that once they've got it completed and ironed out, that this will be a better game than Kingmaker. I'm not as sure that I'm sold on the story side of it since it's SO epic right out of the gate at level 1, but that's a different consideration in my book.

I'm looking forward to the full release of this one since I think it'll be awesome and hope they do more similar projects after this one's complete. Assuming it doesn't release broken as hell, I suspect this may be the highlight of 2021 for me which is saying a lot since 2021 looks like it's going to be a great year for RPGs.

In the meantime, I'm trying to decide between shelving it until release, continuing on, or restarting as a different character to avoid spoilers on a character class/path I was intending to do on full release. I'd originally thought to try some of the new stuff during the beta, but a lot of what I was looking at appeared to not be implemented completely or at all.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, should be. A real nice troll attempt on certain member of Codex
Fill us in.

A certain member who's alias starts with L and thinks she is the greatest RPG connoisseur is in the game. I didn't get to see any further than that though.

For those who didn't see Codex quest NPC:

9a7ByOb.jpg

Considering Lilura's hate for Kingmaker and Pathfinder in general, that's an amazing troll.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Playing demonslayer on this run, thinking Seelah + Sosiel + Daeran + Aru + Ember. I wish there were more companions with vanilla-ish classes, but I understand they want to show off the new classes available.

I'm very early in the beta (barely finished prologue), but so far I haven't come across many bugs - really only one which is the blank loot screen thing which I figured out can be resolved by scrolling up. So at least the early game is in better shape than Kingmaker was on release.

I've noticed a few issues so far:
opening dragon death is still janky (basically there's a period where she's transforming but nothing is on screen, then suddenly the dragon appears just in time to die)
blank containers, tutorial windows don't stop showing up when you click the checkbox to stop them, Seelah has the wrong portrait in the initial dialogue, combat pathfinding is a mess in RT (PCs and mobs all seem to behave like swarms in that they can occupy the same space, mobs can go right through PCs, PCs get stuck all the time pathing, especially in the market square zone, and don't reach the mobs), dialogues often show up before the cinematic/animation happens, so you can read reactions before they make sense, etc.

Bugged them all. I assume Owlcat needs to make a second pass on the early game, but they're also probably getting the most feedback on that, so I assume this will all be addressed.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I see Linzi reincarnated into demon isekai, as another halfling bard once again.
Dammit spoiled myself part of story just by googling Nurah, she's an original pnp npc.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Custom dif,only faggits play on predetermined difficulty lol.
Does this "custom difficulty" happen to have all the sliders dragged to the left?
It is a universal mystery mate.

I play games to enjoy them,don't really care about the tryhard retards that restart the first 30 minutes for 200 times so they could min/max their builds so they could beat the game on hardest.
:excellent:

Shadenuat

Arcane
The HoMM part looks like a total chore. Even in simpliest HoMM battles you usually fight against a few stacks, and have a few 1st level spells in the beginning.

There is a russian plagiat online HoMM game "heroes of war and moneyz" that has mob grinding and challenges, tactical battles and tournaments with same style of battles. Owlcats should have looked at it I think.

Vatnik Wumao
As per Desiderius' advice, decided to not (fully) minmax my stats this time around. Dunno how well this will go, but yeah.

cuEfOU0.jpg

Also, pretty sure that the beta doesn't reach the point where you can become a Lich, but I've found my preferred avy for such a run and I'm sticking to that. :dealwithit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom