Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Salvo

Arcane
This game is at its strongest / most enjoyable when you try to squeeze as much content as possible while resting as little as possible. Nothing tops beating Gray Garrison or Vordakai's Tomb in one go while you have to manage your rapidly dwindling resources.

EDIT: Currently trying to no-rest until fatigued in this run. Done clearing Marketplace, Pitaxian Cellar, Library, Gwerm's Mansion, Arendae House without having rested. Will see if I can handle Tirabade residence aswell.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Frigid Touch is no save. No save Snowball would be busted. Ember gets them.

Desiderius

Patron
This game is at its strongest / most enjoyable when you try to squeeze as much content as possible while resting as little as possible. Nothing tops beating Gray Garrison or Vordakai's Tomb in one go while you have to manage your rapidly dwindling resources.

EDIT: Currently trying to no-rest until fatigued in this run. Done clearing Marketplace, Pitaxian Cellar, Library, Gwerm's Mansion, Arendae House without having rested. Will see if I can handle Tirabade residence aswell.

You can skip Defender’s Heart Siege if you play your cards right.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ember gets them, but they didn't pick it as a spell when making her, although they did pick feats for 'em.

Salvo

Arcane
Ember gets them, but they didn't pick it as a spell when making her, although they did pick feats for 'em.

I wish they didn't give Ember the Vulnerability Curse / Hex since I'm not seeing any way to properly use it so far. Plus, you get a lot of shit that ignores immunities quite early in the game, like Ascendant Element.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There's a distinct lack of nuker/alchemist/kinetic in party roster yeah. So it's only useful if you for some reason want to shoot some elemental early level at single target while playing one yourself?

Desiderius

Patron
They’ll need to make it bypass SR but then it would be too good. Someone who designed her didn’t understand the class and tried to staple Octavia’s play pattern onto her but forgot about sneaks.

I mean Blackened fits her story but then why Slumber? Whole point of Hexes is not caring about SR so I guess nuke non-SR Hex SR? Can’t even meta because spontaneous.

I make her a Conjurer for Summoning so Snowball is natural fit since she already paid feat tax for Precise (no doubt felt like they need too because Blackened gives Rays and Witch has a touch theme including various Rays).

Summoning buys you the time for Hexes to be good.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

I wish they didn't give Ember the Vulnerability Curse / Hex since I'm not seeing any way to properly use it so far. Plus, you get a lot of shit that ignores immunities quite early in the game, like Ascendant Element.
Don't party members join at the same level as you?
Don't remember my ember having any of this, picked her up at level 2.

Salvo

Arcane

Don't party members join at the same level as you?
Don't remember my ember having any of this, picked her up at level 2.

Then you must remember wrong, since they dump you enough xp to auto-level you to 3 once you get to Defender's Heart. It's just like Tristian in Kingmaker.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's even good at semimid levels, I turned golems in lich Tristram lair into snowmen with it.

But yes, the amount of feats they expect caster to pick is overwhelming. And neither companion is a human wizard with twin spell pens to make mythic spell pen actually do something (as it's 1/2 level otherwise and you play for a while at mythic ~3).

Desiderius

Patron
Should just give her Precise as part of Blackened upside and maybe give her Fire Vulnerability or something, then start with Improved Initiative and Conjuration Focus or add some Hex Feats.

BTW she’s also Elf so gets Longbow Proficiency on top of everything else and of course free SR bonus to boot.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I was planning to go twin Spell Pens on Nenio and wussed out with Precise Feats at seven and nine instead (big mistake). Sucks to spend regular feats on Spell Pen but you almost have to. Feel like Ember as Elf would be best Penetrator but then you’re wasting Hexes. I guess Nenio as AoE Illusionist/Nuker and use Feats to do some decent melee?

It’s a mess.

There’s equipment to help too so you eventually get there it just kind of blows not to be able the realistically affect bosses until mid/late game, though I’ve noticed some without SR at all.

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane
Man, that fucking Cambion Alchemist is wrecking my shit in. I either can't get to him fast enough or if I stealth my way behind his back, then Woljif doesn't have enough AB to rock through his AC. Hard fight, will see how I can change my tactics to win.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes they’ve stepped up their game in Daeran’s House as well. Two men with uteri down.

Testownia

So I am an Aeon and as part of the mythic questline
you do go back in time

first at arleeu's lab and you meet her in the past temporarily.

but also in drezden

20210221011501-1.jpg

20210221011510-1.jpg

20210221011545-1.jpg

There are multiple skill checks available.
I am missing a screenshot here.
20210221011613-1.jpg

You use your Aeon powers here
20210221011639-1.jpg

Back to the present
20210221011841-1.jpg
20210221011858-1.jpg

A happy family

20210221012002-1.jpg

As I've stated multiple times - despite seeming a "boring" and less colourful path, especially compared to the likes of Azata, Trickster, or Lich, Aeon REALLY gets shit done. I still haven't encountered a single decision that bites him in the ass in any way.

Though as opposed to Azata, whose flaw is carelessness/collateral damage, Aeon has a much harder time with his party members, and you need to be really careful in order to not get rid of them in some way (corrupt Aru; banish Daeran; execute Wendaug are the three options I've encountered/have been datamined).

EDIT: ESPECIALLY since it's been confirmed that an epilogue in which Aeon reverses the events of all the Crusades, and becomes forgotten, was made-up bullshit.

EDIT 2:
And the confirmed epilogue/end game content have you becoming king of Sarkoris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, so much prebuffing so little conventional Dispel.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
EDIT: ESPECIALLY since it's been confirmed that an epilogue in which Aeon reverses the events of all the Crusades, and becomes forgotten, was made-up bullshit.
Wait, weren't you the one telling me off after I asked for screenshot citations for your outlandish claims? Oh, how the wheel turns.

Testownia

Wait, weren't you the one telling me off after I asked for screenshot citations for your outlandish claims? Oh, how the wheel turns.

I never made that claim in particular, so a bit of reading comprehension on your part would be welcome.

Testownia

cdmYqhK.png

Fuck you Angel and Azata - Aeon is still the best redeemer. No time travel required. Just retcon a fucking Swarm.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I never made that claim in particular, so a bit of reading comprehension on your part would be welcome.
You made other claims in general though, so a bit of healthy skepticism on your part would be welcome.

Testownia

By the by, if you want to still like some of the companions, don't play as Aeon. His ability to detect lies and pry truth from people gets a few nasty revelations about some of them. I won't spoil, but the more I play/datamine this particular path, the more it's clear that's the main downside of said Path.

Yosharian

Arcane
By the by, if you want to still like some of the companions, don't play as Aeon. His ability to detect lies and pry truth from people gets a few nasty revelations about some of them. I won't spoil, but the more I play/datamine this particular path, the more it's clear that's the main downside of said Path.
Let me guess, the succubus companion is riddled with STDs

frajaq

Erudite
I played a bit of the pirated beta I got in a /vrpg/ thread, fucked around until a bit of the Market Square so I didnt really play much, but it definetly still makes me excited for the game. I'll need to look at how all these new classes work and how viable some of them will be, because some of the archetypes I see look kinda shitty

Testownia

Let me guess, the succubus companion is riddled with STDs

The succubus is a cannibal who ate/eats children. There's a datamined scene when she gnaws on a child's hand. Owlcat did a LOT to underline that Aru is as much into torture/gore as into sex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom