Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
So what's resting like in this game? And is it more or less limited than kingmaker?

Efe

Erudite
so far its unlimited with out camping supply requirement but you accrue debuffs (which mostly fuck casters) over time which get removed when resting at home.
crafting scrolls and making potions are tied to it though it wasnt working properly when i tried.
apparently they added food buffs back too.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
so far its unlimited with out camping supply requirement but you accrue debuffs (which mostly fuck casters) over time which get removed when resting at home.
crafting scrolls and making potions are tied to it though it wasnt working properly when i tried.

Scrolls and Potions take kit one level too high. So II Kit for first level stuff. Plus they forgot to stock the kits past Chapter II and they get really expensive. No idea why they half ass things like this.

Efe

Erudite
I kept choosing scroll of blur and kept getting mirror image.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
With Hosilla, I tend to have Lann target Wen first, while Seelah tanks Hosilla and my other melees gang up on her... Wen goes down pretty quickly which makes the rest of the fight a lot easier. The quasits kind of suck, but I generally have a much harder time with the monitor lizard and water elemental than with Hosilla, even though she's the endfight of the shield maze. (That said, I haven't played the latest patch, so if they upgraded her, ignore me.)

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Any info on how Succubus react to
Can you put Cleasing Flames on Autocast for it to trigger after each spell?

What’s the DC?

BTW, PnP triggers only on Cure spells which I never cast. In Wrath it’s every spell, which is fine because it’s only 1d4 per level but should still be solid since it’s free (Swift Action). Was hoping Nimbus another effect centered on caster would go well with.

You Know Desiderius you would make Killer DM cry.

Percy

Cipher
Having some trouble understanding Cam's Class and Archetype too, but guess im just gonna have to roll with it because shes the only one so far with decent Trickery

It's fine, just leave her single-classed and take Passive Hexes and attack. Only tricky part is figuring out how to get DEX to damage. By level seven though any melee weapon will have Crusader's Edge on it and most foes are Demons.

I've got her on Drovier here so I can use her pet in maze.

If Cam has weapon focus rapier already, you just need one more feat for fencing grace which will add dex to damage for rapiers.

You probably know this but alternatively you will need mythic weapon finesse, a weapon with the "agile" property or to select a weapon focus for a one handed slashing or piercing weapon to select either fencing grace or slashing grace.

So I guess you need 1-2 feats.

Alrik

Educated
People asking about Hosilla, here's one way to do it:
View attachment 17798

I sent the Leopard to Wendy to tie her up while intending to tank Hosilla with Seelah with help from Smite. You can she she took the Barkskin potion.

View attachment 17799

Looks like Angel rushed in where fool's fear to tread after landing the Demoralize. Backed out and fired off a Greater Spell Focus powered Sonic Burst. I think if you use extend Rod you'll get 12 seconds instead of six but six was enough.

View attachment 17800

Stun is a great condition, and few things are immune. Sonic Burst is a really good spell.

View attachment 17801

Seelah's Crowd AC ability not working here, but still good enough. Contemplation didn't even boost Smite (probably messed up the order).

View attachment 17802

Got cocky after the Stun and Quasits about ate me alive but finally get her down.

View attachment 17803

Should have just Enlarged her and used a two-hander probably.

View attachment 17805

Like this.

View attachment 17806

Fights a lot easier when he's not burning down/poisoning your team.

View attachment 17804

Skald gets to cast in Medium Armor.

View attachment 17807

Sound Burst doing work again. Have you read Purple Knife?

View attachment 17808
Probably going to be seeing a lot of this once we hit abundant casting.
Hosilla is extremely easy if you take Wendaug instead of Lann through the maze since she has no allies. The Quasits can be annoying since they have ability drain and you've only picked up a single potion/scroll (can't remember which) of lesser restoration at that point.

Bit surprised to see you fighting the Quasits concurrently with Hosilla, I played on Core and they appeared after defeating her both times I've done the fight IIRC.

Alrik

Educated

Scrolls and Potions take kit one level too high. So II Kit for first level stuff. Plus they forgot to stock the kits past Chapter II and they get really expensive. No idea why they half ass things like this.

I kept choosing scroll of blur and kept getting mirror image.

I'll add that not being able to scribe scrolls when you rest back at base is utterly nonsensical, or did I just miss the option to do it somehow?

Desiderius

Patron
But why would I ever take that over-the-top evil cunt? Bros before in your face nasty hos. This is a test.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
After you beat Hosilla she calls to the Demon to help her and summons the two Quasits with her coming back at low health. I killed her before the Quasit so got a bunch of dialogue and then Gwerm and everybody came in and helped me finish off the Quasits.

Percy

Cipher
I think I mentioned before, if you use the Demon Mythic Path at this encounter Wendaug turns on Hosila. So you have your party, plus Wendaug.

And if memory serves she one hit kills her afer the initial combat.

It also means the start of Tower of whatever in Kenabres is slightly different but its no biggie.

Percy

Cipher
So I am an Aeon and as part of the mythic questline
you do go back in time

first at arleeu's lab and you meet her in the past temporarily.

but also in drezden

20210221011501-1.jpg

20210221011510-1.jpg

20210221011545-1.jpg

There are multiple skill checks available.
I am missing a screenshot here.
20210221011613-1.jpg

You use your Aeon powers here
20210221011639-1.jpg

Back to the present
20210221011841-1.jpg
20210221011858-1.jpg

A happy family

20210221012002-1.jpg

Alrik

Educated
But why would I ever take that over the top evil cunt? Bros before in your face nasty hos. This is a test.
She call you Master, nuff said. Rather her than woe-is-me Lann, I can accept many flaws in a bro but incessant insecure whining is not on the list. The guy is bitchmade.

Though TBF the process is a bit to quick and easy, would be more satisfactory to properly tame and train her.

Alrik

Educated
I think I mentioned before, if you use the Demon Mythic Path at this encounter Wendaug turns on Hosila. So you have your party, plus Wendaug.

And if memory serves she one hit kills her afer the initial combat.

It also means the start of Tower of whatever in Kenabres is slightly different but its no biggie.
You're right, that is what happens. No wonder I don't remember a semblance of a challenge.

Alrik

Educated
Is this Water Elemental in the Shield Maze going to be the new cave swarm?
All you're getting is 39 XP for beating it, apparently it dropped the Ring of Protection in the Alpha but they moved it to a chest so there is no point in fighting it other than as a challenge now.

Desiderius

Patron
It's in a chest on the other side, also a Ring of +1 Cold DC/Saves. So guess you could Vanish a high Stealth toon but easier to just use the Resist Cold potion they give you.

Desiderius

Patron
But why would I ever take that over the top evil cunt? Bros before in your face nasty hos. This is a test.
She call you Master, nuff said. Rather her than woe-is-me Lann, I can accept many flaws in a bro but incessant insecure whining is not on the list. The guy is bitchmade.

Though TBF the process is a bit to quick and easy, would be more satisfactory to properly tame and train her.

If you have to reach that far down in the barrel to find a woman who will call you master that's a you problem. The "ease" would tell any man with a functional libido to stay away. Far away. Unless he had no other choice I guess.

You do you Mr. SuperEvilHardAss

Shadenuat

Arcane
Strange ring since early Cold spells don't even have DC, and neither you are attacked by cold spells by enemies.

Desiderius

Patron
Snowball man. There will soon be foes that can use some Staggering. They’ve got some Evokers casting Icy Prison in Drezen and Dretches are now casting Cause Fear and Stinking Cloud so probably won’t be long until we start seeing Snowballs headed our way.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Huh, I thought it doesn't allow save. Makes it worse than I remember it.
Yea it makes sense, it's the 2d level which staggers with no save, one their designer likes so much he refused to add intensify. But that one can be SRd.
Your companions aren't throwers tho.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom