Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tbh Pal is massive fun in this setting. Martyr solves half the Bard problem and probably goes great with that Mythic that buffs teammates you damage, as long as it counts yourself. Not sure how well its working tho.
I like the Martyr archetype, but if you can't smite evil you're not a Paladin. You're a fraud.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Better yet, you can dip 1-2 levels of Bloodrager to get access to Bloodrage, Uncanny Dodge, armor/weapon proficiency and 20th level Elemental (Fire) bloodline power access. In fact, that might be one of the better starting classes for any melee char. Take a level of Monk for extra cheese, since Bloodragers don't need to be non-lawful. I think there's also a Mythic Feat that gives you infinite (blood)rage, which might be interesting. Can anyone confirm whether you also get access to Mighty Bloodrage by taking the bloodline mythic feat? What if you're a cross-blooded sorcerer? Do you get two level 20 bloodline powers at once? Man, the new mythic system creates the potential for so many new OP builds.
Sorc gives u Shield tho :Mthat's how I bumped Lann to 42+ something AC in Chapter 1 and he should be 50ish but I don't think all the feats work. Useful since in Chapter 2 some monsters pack +30-35 to hit. But you're right Immunities are neat.
Now that I think about it, while his CHA sucks there is an early CHA band and what IF I take dis to just turn Lann who is half snake into Naga in end of Chapter 1? :philosoraptor:

Damn that thing ugly. U get total +4 ac (-2 dex because). Meh. I don't like this thing. Maybe if enemies wouldn't be often immune to poison.

Do you get two level 20 bloodline powers at once?
I tried using mythic to get another bloodline, game makes you choose between one of them. Haven't tried it on Crossblooded, but what would you even take? They're all very similar.

Anyway, tested it and no, mythic gives you just 1 bloodline 20.

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Guys.
GUYS!
Recommend me a build + mythic path. Only three requirements:
1. Makes some sense thematically. No vivisectionist barbarians.
2. Must be evil.
3. Must retain a weiner.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Guys.
GUYS!
2. Must be evil.
3. Must retain a weiner.
A paladin named The Light Bringer or The Bright Flame. Must be good.

Legend path because you're not playing a wussy.

Must also be a woman.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I'll play it when I can actually buy an RTX 3080, so it should at least be patched then, in early 2023.

Salvo

Arcane
yuzVBRg.png

Suck it, Cambion Alchemist!
:dealwithit:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played a bit of the pirated beta I got in a /vrpg/ thread, fucked around until a bit of the Market Square so I didnt really play much, but it definetly still makes me excited for the game. I'll need to look at how all these new classes work and how viable some of them will be, because some of the archetypes I see look kinda shitty

Least they didn't implement the poverty monk vow archetype (basically not allowed to own any items)

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...izo-monk-archetypes/monk-vows/vow-of-poverty/

Usually considered to be the worst class/archetype in the game. Though some people play them as jokes in one shots.

Salvo

Arcane
Guys.
GUYS!
2. Must be evil.
3. Must retain a weiner.

A Dhampir Primalist Bloodrager (Undead Bloodline) that stacks charge bonuses through Mythic Charge and Rattling Bones (Lich Mythic Path), while also gaining Pounce due to Beast Totem (Rage Powers). If you don't want to be a Primalist then go Kitsune.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I played a bit of the pirated beta I got in a /vrpg/ thread, fucked around until a bit of the Market Square so I didnt really play much, but it definetly still makes me excited for the game. I'll need to look at how all these new classes work and how viable some of them will be, because some of the archetypes I see look kinda shitty

Least they didn't implement the poverty monk vow archetype (basically not allowed to own any items)

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...izo-monk-archetypes/monk-vows/vow-of-poverty/

Usually considered to be the worst class/archetype in the game. Though some people play them as jokes in one shots.
Thinking about online discussions about the 3.x Vow of Poverty feat in the BoED definitely is one of my PTSD triggers. Good God, the time I wasted arguing about that shit. Luckily since then I stopped wasting time arguing with random people online about my hobbies.

Oh no, oh fuck.

amurath

Educated
Better yet, you can dip 1-2 levels of Bloodrager to get access to Bloodrage, Uncanny Dodge, armor/weapon proficiency and 20th level Elemental (Fire) bloodline power access. In fact, that might be one of the better starting classes for any melee char. Take a level of Monk for extra cheese, since Bloodragers don't need to be non-lawful. I think there's also a Mythic Feat that gives you infinite (blood)rage, which might be interesting. Can anyone confirm whether you also get access to Mighty Bloodrage by taking the bloodline mythic feat? What if you're a cross-blooded sorcerer? Do you get two level 20 bloodline powers at once? Man, the new mythic system creates the potential for so many new OP builds.
Sorc gives u Shield tho :Mthat's how I bumped Lann to 42+ something AC in Chapter 1 and he should be 50ish but I don't think all the feats work. Useful since in Chapter 2 some monsters pack +30-35 to hit. But you're right Immunities are neat.
Now that I think about it, while his CHA sucks there is an early CHA band and what IF I take dis to just turn Lann who is half snake into Naga in end of Chapter 1? :philosoraptor:

Damn that thing ugly. U get total +4 ac (-2 dex because). Meh. I don't like this thing. Maybe if enemies wouldn't be often immune to poison.

Do you get two level 20 bloodline powers at once?
I tried using mythic to get another bloodline, game makes you choose between one of them. Haven't tried it on Crossblooded, but what would you even take? They're all very similar.

Anyway, tested it and no, mythic gives you just 1 bloodline 20.
You can get shield just as easily from vivisectionist/sword saint. I can already predict InEffect's build for Wrath - Monk/Paladin/Bloodrager/Vivisectionist and/or Sword Saint. Mmm, the cheese.

Testownia

I can't stand people who posit they are "role-playing" and taking Camilia into the party as anything but Neutral Evil/Chaotic Evil. She's insane, sadistic, a cannibal, a possible necrophile, a liar... the list goes on and on. Also, from some datamined dialogue,
it appears that her redemption path is a red herring, she's faking it all the way, and you'll get a nasty surprise in the endgame/epilogue. Which is why she's so scared shitless of an Aeon.

Shadenuat

Arcane
ou can get shield just as easily from vivisectionist/sword saint. I can already predict InEffect's build for Wrath - Monk/Paladin/Bloodrager/Vivisectionist and/or Sword Saint. Mmm, the cheese.
Oh it's not for me, I don't play main characters like that, it's for my meme melee Lann (because I don't like archers too). All companions are too stupid to become Saints. :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wait what hit Camellia
I am not taking Camellia
:betrayed:

That actually looks kinda reasonable for a class that makes melee attacks adamantine adds wis to AC and so on. For a nun munchkin lowish magic setting.
It doesn't forbid him to be buffed by party member.

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane
oxlp7nt.png

Here you go lads. The only portrait I could find that would fit a Druid Aeon.

Great find, since the artstyle is somewhat similar to the one used in the game. The completely different style is what usually prevents me from using some otherwise great portraits.

Percy

Cipher
I am having trouble finding Wojif this play through in Chapter 3. The random event with the cultists is not triggering for me and I thot patrolled Camila already.

Anyone know what exactly triggers it?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am having trouble finding Wojif this play through in Chapter 3. The random event with the cultists is not triggering for me and I thot patrolled Camila already.

Anyone know what exactly triggers it?
Arushalae quest mebbe?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't stand people who posit they are "role-playing" and taking Camilia into the party as anything but Neutral Evil/Chaotic Evil. She's insane, sadistic, a cannibal, a possible necrophile, a liar... the list goes on and on. Also, from some datamined dialogue,
it appears that her redemption path is a red herring, she's faking it all the way, and you'll get a nasty surprise in the endgame/epilogue. Which is why she's so scared shitless of an Aeon.

Tbf she isn't showing it until Chapter 3 and as you said you can try to redeem her. You can't RP based on leaks, if anything metaknowledge like that is against RP.

Altho tbf she doesn't show any remorse so far even tho you prohibit her from killing. And yeah as Aeon you should know better that one I agree.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Surreal feeling when I’ve discovered that most dips and certainly almost all Monk dips are gimping yourself and people are still calling it cheese.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Altho tbf she doesn't show any remorse so far even tho you prohibit her from killing. And yeah as Aeon you should know better that one I agree.

12-year-old girl writers can’t resist spilling the beans early. She’s never not a cunt.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom