Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
What the hell are they going on about? Characters and weapons & armor design are still cartoon as hell and reminiscent of WoW with oversized heads, laughably disproportionate armor design and gigantic weapons.

On one ear you have sweaty 30 year old incel basement angel on the other ear you have 15 year old fortnite adderall zoomer devil.
Both are competing for your money.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Coup always works but sometimes takes awhile if you have to crit the fort save. The character sheet will tell you what kind of damage you need to turn off the regen.
It does for most enemies which is why I haven't asked before, on the Adamantine Golem it says that it is irremovable.
unknown.png

Gotta Coup then I guess.
Yeah, for some reason I didn't realize that was a thing until it was pointed out here. Always nice to learn new tricks!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Entranced fighters getting +20 damage in the succubus house at lvl 7. I guess love really is the strongest force in the universe.

Edit: Level 7, not 4. Added the inspect for you, Desiderius.

rDwNdUO.png

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Entranced fighters getting +20 damage in the succubus house at lvl 7. I guess love really is the strongest force in the universe.

rDwNdUO.png

What’s the STR?

santino27

Arcane
Patron

What’s the STR?

I'll have to get back there and check in my new game. I want to say it was 19. Rapier + 1, +4 str damage bonus, +4 for power attack (BAB > 4, but rapier not wielded as a two-hander) only adds up to 9, so your guess is as good as mine. His buddy appeared to be wielding a longsword+11 (and crit me for 39), but I didn't get screens before I killed them. Someone else on discord reported something similar before the hyperactive mods decided it wasn't a critical bug and should therefore be deleted from the channel.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah I told them Witch Hexes were using CHR for DCs and they said that wasn’t critical either. Whatever.

Yosharian

Arcane
You can determine his strength from the CMB calculation

CMB = Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + special size modifier

BAB of level 7 Fighter is 7, no special size modifier I'm presuming, so a STR modifer of +5, i.e. 20 STR.

Assuming he is two-handing the rapier,

+2 weapon specialization
+5 STR bonus
+1 weapon enchantment
+4 power attack

That leaves +8 unaccounted for

Edit: oh ok he wasn't two-handing? What the fuck.

The +8 must come from a combination of difficulty setting bonuses and some kind of rage/trance damage bonus

Sharpedge

Prophet

BAB of level 7 Fighter is 7, no special size modifier I'm presuming, so a STR modifer of +5, i.e. 20 STR.

+2 weapon specialization
+5 STR bonus
+1 weapon enchantment
+4 power attack

The +8 must come from a combination of difficulty setting bonuses and some kind of rage/trance damage bonus
You can read his strength off of his char sheet via inspect.

Yosharian

Arcane

+2 weapon specialization
+5 STR bonus
+1 weapon enchantment
+4 power attack

Huh? I know that, it's not in the screenshot

Desiderius

Patron
TIL that Witches (including Ember) get a Hex that gives anyone a Bite atk for 10min at will.

Delterius

Arcane
If anyone has a save with a Trickster path, I'd really like it if you could check the Perception 2 mythic trick and see if you can stack the stat focus 'secret feat' bonus.

Sharpedge

Prophet
So I cleared up what remains of the beta. Party ended up being level ~18.7 at the end of it, I know I missed some quests due to them bugging and could probably have reached level 19 with them. Before finishing up the run I reloaded before the Hepzamirah/Baphomet fight and gave it a try on unfair. It was surprisingly easy. Even did it a couple of times to ensure it wasn't just lucky rolls. They might need to do something about unfair at later stages of the game because I think that it might be tapering off in the abyss. My party is not taking any fancy dips or anything currently, they are just whatever base class they are allocated on every level up. Any fancyness present was purely from mythic paths. Anyhow, I will precede with a Desiderius style recounting of the fight, for anyone remotely interested.

Stats of the Boss.
InOaMbZ.png

glP8Wom.png

iXG8SJd.png
Despite its stats, the boss itself is not actually that threatening. The scariest aspect to this fight are the monsters it brings along with it. It brings along 2 minotaur dispellers and 2 minotaur evokers. The evokers will normally win initiative and the first thing they will do upon combat initiation is drop a Sirocco on your party. There is however plenty of warning that a hard fight is coming up before you get into it, so the player should know up front that they should apply buffs before entering. Here is what that Sirocco looks like.
bIVuYX3.png

1bUQVLd.jpeg
Fortunately you don't really need to engage with the minotaurs at all. The boss itself will come charging down at your party and when she dies they will run away. So after dispelling her buffs and liberally applying some debuffs to her, its easy to swat her like a bug.
1BDVrKw.jpeg

kObxht2.jpeg
After she dies, Baphomet appears and a 2nd fight breaks out. His stats are much higher than hers.
YVmpbOV.png

IvRM8SY.png

3ASHrUu.png
Despite having significantly higher stats than her, to the point my group could only hit him on 20's, he is actually an easier boss to fight. He heavily favors spell use over melee combat, spending most of his time either trying to dispel buffs or use spells like harm. When he does decide to attack someone he does a fair amount of damage, but by taking advantage of Last Stand, its easy to pull out a win here.
bU7ZFIn.png
After a liberal use of magic in addition to the occasional 20 from the group to help out, I managed to take him down in 5 rounds. Over all, at this point in the game unfair fights are no longer that challenging. Or rather, this one definitely is not.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
OMG. Baphomet is lv 66. Anyway, Lacrymas would hate this epicness.

I don’t think you just add up the levels. Nenio has an ability that only works against foes on level or below that she fired off at level 7 against a Ghoul that was 6 Undead 2 Rogue and it worked.

santino27

Arcane
Patron

+2 weapon specialization
+5 STR bonus
+1 weapon enchantment
+4 power attack

Huh? I know that, it's not in the screenshot
Yeah, I didn't include it in the screenshot and didn't have a save available to go back and look again. Like I said, I believe it was 19, which means a +4 str bonus, and leaves 9 unaccounted for assuming they had weapon specialization (which I don't recall seeing either). I'm on Core, so there shouldn't be any boosts, but whenever I make it back to that house, I'll check again.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I didn't include it in the screenshot and didn't have a save available to go back and look again. Like I said, I believe it was 19, which means a +4 str bonus, and leaves 9 unaccounted for assuming they had weapon specialization (which I don't recall seeing either). I'm on Core, so there shouldn't be any boosts, but whenever I make it back to that house, I'll check again.
Str. of 21. Besides power attack and weapon spec already mentioned, sheet says he's got piranha strike and weapon training (listed twice, once just as weapon training and another as weapon training light blades).

That gets it a lot closer, but should still be a damage bonus of only 16, right? 4 from power attack (doubled), 4 from piranha strike (doubled), 5 from strength, 1 from weapon training, 2 from weapon specialization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom