Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
"We switched from doing everything in Maya to doing everything in Unity"

Any game devs here? What does this mean? If it means that loading times will be even longer and there would be more memory leaks, I'm not buying this until Definitive Enhanced Super Plus Edition comes out. It would be a bummer.
Not really a DEV but somewhat familiar, so it seems they used a nonmodular approach in the first game as it was not hip at the time( it kinda become a thing not a while ago), so now they are doing it in module-based fashion and assemble levels inside unity, while before they made the whole location inside Maya (3d model soft), added UV's and textures there. This is regarded as a more modern and speedy approach (plus Autodesk soft tends to be bugged as shit) because Unity handles all textures and assets and shit while in 3d soft you gotta import that shit manually.
So basically they make small assets in Maya and assemble them and add mats later on in unity like in NWN editor. Not sure how custom texturing works in unity tho. I bet they use substance painter for that but I'm ain't sure.
That's my take.

Game is massively unstable in Drezen right now. Like crashing every ten seconds. Never had one crash in P:K or Wrath until now.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

Any game devs here? What does this mean? If it means that loading times will be even longer and there would be more memory leaks, I'm not buying this until Definitive Enhanced Super Plus Edition comes out. It would be a bummer.
Not really a DEV but somewhat familiar, so it seems they used a nonmodular approach in the first game as it was not hip at the time( it kinda become a thing not a while ago), so now they are doing it in module-based fashion and assemble levels inside unity, while before they made the whole location inside Maya (3d model soft), added UV's and textures there. This is regarded as a more modern and speedy approach (plus Autodesk soft tends to be bugged as shit) because Unity handles all textures and assets and shit while in 3d soft you gotta import that shit manually.
So basically they make small assets in Maya and assemble them and add mats later on in unity like in NWN editor. Not sure how custom texturing works in unity tho. I bet they use substance painter for that but I'm ain't sure.
That's my take.

Game is massively unstable in Drezen right now. Like crashing every ten seconds. Never had one crash in P:K or Wrath until now.
I had a lot of faith in a relatively stable release until Beta 3.

Sharpedge

Prophet

That's my take.

Even more unstable in the abyss.

Tao

Savant
Lmao 100€ for the full preoder version and 50€ for the pleb one.

Yeah, hard pass at the moment. Those pets gonna have to find another party.

Desiderius

Patron

That's my take.

I had a lot of faith in a relatively stable release until Beta 3.

Even in Beta 3 things had been fine until today. Somebody said this may be an earlier fork?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Even in Beta 3 things had been fine until today. Somebody said this may be an earlier fork?
Probably. I think they still have not put their compile/QA/release cycle in order.

Or may be it is the evidence of the game modularity, and someone made a mistake in one of core functions. Which is good, because it means that they're moving towards coding every feature only once. Which is impoissible to achieve, but worthy goal.

Efe

Erudite
Here's some interesting reactivity.
This popped up in the combat log when I chose the line restricted to a Calistria worshiper. Not game changing, but interesting that there's some mechanical consequence.
is this because of choosing calistria option at earlier minagho interactions or just this one dialogue?

Desiderius

Patron

I have a feeling that me and the guy with the epic beard would get along really well. That guy loves what he's doing. Eyebrows don't lie. When he mentioned dismemberment he was like a kid in the sandbox. :D

Also... I also happen to have an epic blonde beard, so... :D

Very first line of the vid you can tell the dude is stoked.

Desiderius

Patron
Instability was entirely due to Devil, Imp Familiar. Turned it off and rolling once again.

Desiderius

Patron
I did a little walkthrough on Owlcat forum for a Core fight people were complaining about that's shows some cool new features:

Pike 8 Kit stats.jpg

MC at level 8

Daeran Mythic.jpg

Daeran with Second Mystery Ancestor to add some nice spells to his Spontaneous Spellbook. He already has Life for the Heal/Cure stuff which is very handy to have always up.

Seelah Initiative.jpg

Seelah going for some extra initiative this time to get Smite/Mark down faster

Core Warning.jpg

Owlcat trying to soften the blow. There's no need for any blow at all if people would merely use their spells and abilities.

UMD Image.jpg

Insurance policy

Maugla on Core.jpg

Here you see the absolutely broken bad guy that must be nerfed if any are to survive. Also no quest points here. Totally optional.

Daeran Intimidate Maugla.jpg

Daeran Powergaming with first level ability everyone gets

Maug thrashing Cam.jpg

Cam summons some skellies to deal with adds and gets punished. False Life, Greater eats it. Shaman is good.

MC 8 Pike Charge vs Maug.jpg

Cam was hitting back with Thorn Body which she has always up if she wants it because it's her Spirit spell. MC not using main ability For the King to be fair to poor Maugla. Failed to do so.

Seelah8 vs Maugla TB Core Crit.jpg

Oops. That was quick.

Cam8 vs Maugla.jpg

Cam even forgot to turn on her Bane Weapon ability she just picked up. Just think how good I'd be doing with a Monk and Vivi splash!

Salvo

Arcane
I did a little walkthrough on Owlcat forum for a Core fight people were complaining about that's shows some cool new features:

View attachment 20249

MC at level 8

View attachment 20250

Daeran with Second Mystery Ancestor to add some nice spells to his Spontaneous Spellbook. He already has Life for the Heal/Cure stuff which is very handy to have always up.

View attachment 20251

Seelah going for some extra initiative this time to get Smite/Mark down faster

View attachment 20252

Owlcat trying to soften the blow. There's no need for any blow at all if people would merely use their spells and abilities.

View attachment 20253

Insurance policy

View attachment 20256

Here you see the absolutely broken bad guy that must be nerfed if any are to survive. Also no quest points here. Totally optional.

View attachment 20254

Daeran Powergaming with first level ability everyone gets

View attachment 20255

Cam summons some skellies to deal with adds and gets punished. False Life, Greater eats it. Shaman is good.

View attachment 20258

Cam was hitting back with Thorn Body which she has always up if she wants it because it's her Spirit spell. MC not using main ability For the King to be fair to poor Maugla. Failed to do so.

View attachment 20259

Oops. That was quick.

View attachment 20260

Cam even forgot to turn on her Bane Weapon ability she just picked up. Just think how good I'd be doing with a Monk and Vivi splash!
Don't remember this fight, where's it taking place?

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe drop by Owlcat forum and let them know. They’re convinced that it’s unavoidable and will make people quit.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I had to think for a moment to work out where this fight even was. I wonder how these people will respond when they run into something like playful darkness.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Desiderius is there a way to kill the adamantine golems in the mages tower in the abyss? Currently I just sneak past them, turn on the elevator and then continue on my way, but I am assuming there is some way to kill or disable them which I have missed. Getting them to 0 HP is obviously not a problem, I just haven't figured out how to disable their regeneration.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
Desiderius is there a way to kill the adamantine golems in the mages tower in the abyss? Currently I just sneak past them, turn on the elevator and then continue on my way, but I am assuming there is some way to kill or disable them which I have missed. Getting them to 0 HP is obviously not a problem, I just haven't figured out how to disable their regeneration.
Had the same problem. Coup de grace or whatever that ability is called when they're down. Or just set game to story if that fails.
Thanks, they are gone now.

Desiderius

Patron
Coup always works but sometimes takes awhile if you have to crit the fort save. The character sheet will tell you what kind of damage you need to turn off the regen.

Quillon

Arcane
Hey hey, there's more:

In the brand new Dev Diary 4, Owlcat Games talk about graphics and art style in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Art department shares that Pathfinder: Kingmaker was a foundation to build upon, but the new game has a much darker story than the first. The team took a step away from the cozy, cartoony style of Kingmaker towards the more reserved, desaturated colors and less exaggerated geometry.

Wrath of the Righteous also features a number of significant visual upgrades, such as new technology for handling textures, better-quality and more customizable character models, coverage of surfaces by snow and sand, dynamic lighting, a complete overhaul of the weather system, and more.

What the hell are they going on about? Characters and weapons & armor design are still cartoon as hell and reminiscent of WoW with oversized heads, laughably disproportionate armor design and gigantic weapons.

Everything's looking a bit more cartoony but a lot more crisp. I don't like the artstyle anyway so more cartoony...whatever but crisp gfx, better LoD etc is noice.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Coup always works but sometimes takes awhile if you have to crit the fort save. The character sheet will tell you what kind of damage you need to turn off the regen.
It does for most enemies which is why I haven't asked before, on the Adamantine Golem it says that it is irremovable.
unknown.png

Desiderius

Patron
It does for most enemies which is why I haven't asked before, on the Adamantine Golem it says that it is irremovable.
unknown.png

Gotta Coup then I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom