Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
bad at spelling, you can even spell your wizards right. WTF?!? How dumb are you?

Sorry for not having a perfect grammar in a forum full of shitposters and misspelling a single word "elementalist". By the way, how many languages do you know?

Gonna be a male witch to show all those girl witches that boy witches can hex just as well as they can #equality

Male witch = warlock.

Delterius

Arcane
Male witch = warlock.
thats a modern innovation. warlock doesn't mean anything other than 'oathbreaker'. witch has historically applied to men as well. some regions of western europe had as much as 20% of the victims of witch fire burnings be men, charged with the crime of witchcraft, not wizardry or warlockism. in pathfinder witchcraft and wizardry are broadly speaking two traditions of arcane magic, not a commentary on the gender of spellcaster's.

Takamori

Learned
How likely we are going to have a stable build on release? Or prepare our anuses for Pathfinder Kingmaker levels of broken stuff?

Anyway gonna start with a melee inquisitor.

I played the beta till first half of ch 4. Was way better than Kingmaker. Can't judge the rest of the game.
That's encouraging, though Kingmaker's bugs increased dramatically after the first few chapters so it still may dive off a cliff. They just need to give me my damn game key.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Bugs provide a unique one of a kind experience. Half the posters in this thread would have nothing to say if it wasn't for bugs. Half the users personality here is just complaining so you should all be happy owl cat is giving you this opportunity

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I hope this game is consistently good, Kingmaker went to shit generally after CH3 (first 3 chapters were really good.). I think they will play it smart and not make a shitty endgame, hopefully they learn from the criticism of the first game.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing around with Duelist 2 Parry. It's something I'd pick up more often but not really interested in the prereq Feats.

Confirmed does not work with ECB. Has to say light or be one-handed. I used Thug and it shows up on Finesse Training menu but didn't work with Parry. Small chance that if you get Slashing Grace it could work but Slashing Grace says one-handed.

It's not easy to get the ability to trigger. It has to follow a full attack (despite what it says you don't have to give up one of the swings in that attack), then you have to be in position to intercept an attack that would have hit:

ThuglordfailedParry.jpg

This is on Hard. The -12 is from relative size. So paradoxically if you want to use Parry (Other) to protect your team (can also just be used on yourself to stop Nat 20s which is easier) you'll need to fight Enlarged or bigger against bigger foes (even though Weapon Finesse is a prereq for the Class)

SpellDanceDuelistGoodParry.jpg

This is a SpellDancer (with two Duelist levels) the Elf-specific Magus that is smooth as silk with Legendary Proportions from Cam.

The Competence bonus is from a very cool Duelist-specific Cloak, Promise of Power is a Relic you can craft that's supposed to be a Free Action that costs life but is currently Standard, you do get Flanking and Outflank on Parries, The Sacred and Insight are Swift abilities from Cleric using Domain Zealot Mythic abilities. DEX is low because Enlarged and ambushed (wearing the Mobility belt for Trickster Mobility). Often easier to beat AB than AC on some of these guys so Parry can set up well, then at Duelist 5 you get a Riposte from each one.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope this game is consistently good, Kingmaker went to shit generally after CH3 (first 3 chapters were really good.). I think they will play it smart and not make a shitty endgame, hopefully they learn from the criticism of the first game.

I'd say after ch5 but agree. Ch4 is outstanding here.

Tenebris

Scholar
How's the intro of the game? It could be because I've done the intro in Kingmaker so many times but I got real tired of the section of the game up to the Stag Lord.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

I'd say after ch5 but agree. Ch4 is outstanding here.
That’s barb wars? That was really underwhelming tbh

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
How's the intro of the game? It could be because I've done the intro in Kingmaker so many times but I got real tired of the section of the game up to the Stag Lord.
Stag Lord is a slower chapter, CH1 in this is more intense and faster. I think Stag Lord chapter is still better, but then again it’s the best chapter in Kingmaker, but WOTR’ is fine.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I loved the original house at the end of time. Wish it stayed the same and I wish I could have the original house with the current features. If you just throw clouds everywhere the wild Hunt drops

Parabalus

Arcane
How likely we are going to have a stable build on release? Or prepare our anuses for Pathfinder Kingmaker levels of broken stuff?

I played the beta till first half of ch 4. Was way better than Kingmaker. Can't judge the rest of the game.

Even in the first rough beta (missing textures in etc.) I finished Ch.4 without any trouble, pmuch everything worked.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Is the gold dragon and swarm path included in the Beta?Can't seem to find any information around the internet.

Percy

Cipher

Percy

Cipher
Personally I will be playing a Gnome Something or Other Trickster which may change to Swarm when the option arises. Likely alchemist, however chucking bombs as a swarm seems wrong.

I am being a bit of a RP fag here and the reasoning would be "bleaching"

The only other reasons I could justify my MC would be inceldom or mid life crisis.

Percy

Cipher
What's the standard playthrough length I wonder with like 90 completion and one mythic?

I had a look at my last saves for the Beta.

They ranged from 55-65 hours. So that's 4 chapters of incomplete game play.

55 was Beta 1, I don't think you could get to the second half of chapter 4 in that one.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Man, these ugly-ass Kitsunes are more disgusting than any rat-folk I have ever seen. People who voted for this are idiots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom