Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zeriel

Arcane
Spoiler: the eye of the beholder gets squished in its own spike trap.

The Almighty decrees what is Good and what is Evil.

The "almighty" in Golarion and Forgotten Realms and pretty much all these tabletop settings can be killed, changed, dethroned, etc, though. I don't get this argument I keep seeing repeated as if the divinities in these settings are infallible. They are, again, cosmic parasites.

Unless you mean "what is good and evil is just a diktat from on high that has no moral meaning, and is only enforced by sheer power".

The Almighty is the Almighty, in Golarian and everywhere else. He is the very ground of moral meaning and apart from Him there is no such thing.

And yes, it is enforced by sheer power, before which all would do well to quake. The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, which is why we live in an age of such folly. Our fathers knew this, and so one hopes will our sons.

I don't understand your argument. There is no "Him" almighty in Golarion, literally doesn't exist.

Acrux

Arcane
I can finally prove that Desiderius was wrong this time one of the writers confirms Linzi is indeed a lesbian

Linzi is a kid dude. Girls look up to hot chix. Not sexual.

Don't pedo.

Stratagemin2

Tl;dr, I learned that Linzi is a lesbian (and no one else did).

OwlcatThainen
  • Well, a couple LGBT streamers did get the clue!

Oh, there's more within that conversation:

OwlcatThainen said:
Linzi was charmed by Valery the moment they met, but later their relations soured.

Speaking of inclusion, there's one thing I'm still sad didn't make it to the final game. Remember the beardless dwarf merchant in the capital of the Stolen Lands? I planned to reveal later that she's a closeted trans woman, and give the player a side quest to get her a potion. Unfortunately, this bit of content got cut, so her story was left unfinished, a setup with no resolution. I'm glad that for Wrath we have better representation baked into the original module, but I still hope to one day, maybe in a later game, that dwarf could make a comeback, this time as a woman :

Is any RPG safe from this shit anymore?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mythic path advancement through-out the game. Spoilers for the machanical-oriented people (aka combatfags). Click-at-own-risk.

About Gold Dragon and Swarm that walks mythic paths being accessible until act 3. Does that mean I have to stave off choosing a mythic path until then? Will I have enough time left in the adventure to enjoy playing these mythic paths?

• Stratagemin2 2 points 2 hours ago

You seem to have some incorrect assumptions. You become Mythic at the end of act 1. You confirm your EARLY game path at the end of Act 2. your Late Game path (e.g. Gold Dragon, and swarm) are picked in chapter 5. But they need to be unlocked before the end of chapter 3 (and in fact you can lose Swarm through some innocuous choices you make in Chapter 2).

There are two whole chapters to enjoy late game paths (if you switch to one), and 3 chapters for early game paths (or 4 if you don't switch).

Zeriel

Arcane
I can finally prove that Desiderius was wrong this time one of the writers confirms Linzi is indeed a lesbian

Linzi is a kid dude. Girls look up to hot chix. Not sexual.

Don't pedo.

Stratagemin2

Tl;dr, I learned that Linzi is a lesbian (and no one else did).

OwlcatThainen
  • Well, a couple LGBT streamers did get the clue!

Oh, there's more within that conversation:

OwlcatThainen said:
Linzi was charmed by Valery the moment they met, but later their relations soured.

Speaking of inclusion, there's one thing I'm still sad didn't make it to the final game. Remember the beardless dwarf merchant in the capital of the Stolen Lands? I planned to reveal later that she's a closeted trans woman, and give the player a side quest to get her a potion. Unfortunately, this bit of content got cut, so her story was left unfinished, a setup with no resolution. I'm glad that for Wrath we have better representation baked into the original module, but I still hope to one day, maybe in a later game, that dwarf could make a comeback, this time as a woman :

Is any RPG safe from this shit anymore?

If it's made from outside the Western culture zone, sure. But then it probably won't be in English. So your only real hope is some ports of Japanese stuff, and even then, they aren't really interested in sending much to the West, so yeah.

It's just in the culture. You had your heroes from 20, 30 years ago make a new game now, not only would it be popamole, it would be full of this stuff, because everyone is told this is what people want and what sells. This is what is "cool" to the kids, is the line, that's why you see so much of it in marketing. Whether that is true or not doesn't matter, only that they believe it.

Zeriel

Arcane
Mythic path advancement through-out the game. Spoilers for the machanical-oriented people (aka combatfags). Click-at-own-risk.

About Gold Dragon and Swarm that walks mythic paths being accessible until act 3. Does that mean I have to stave off choosing a mythic path until then? Will I have enough time left in the adventure to enjoy playing these mythic paths?

• Stratagemin2 2 points 2 hours ago

You seem to have some incorrect assumptions. You become Mythic at the end of act 1. You confirm your EARLY game path at the end of Act 2. your Late Game path (e.g. Gold Dragon, and swarm) are picked in chapter 5. But they need to be unlocked before the end of chapter 3 (and in fact you can lose Swarm through some innocuous choices you make in Chapter 2).

There are two whole chapters to enjoy late game paths (if you switch to one), and 3 chapters for early game paths (or 4 if you don't switch).

Makes me curious what those "innocuous choices" are. Wait, is that related to the
thing where you can use the swarms in chapter 2 to kill some enemies/your own guys in Drezen?
Ironically I did that in the beta just for kicks.

Zeriel

Arcane
Lol I bet they wanted to badmouth him but since he's now suing people they're like, "Shit don't say anything."

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am assuming this is in regards to the alleged Day 1 Patch (I will ask our Slav brothers and sisters of the Codex to help me with this one if I speculated in error):

Скажите, сколько будет весить патч?)

• OwlcatStarrok[S] 3 points 4 hours ago

Патч планируется довольно увесистым, как минимум несколько гигабайт.
    • parent
    • CWagner 6 points 3 hours ago

To save others from translating:

Tell me, how much will the patch weigh?

The patch is planned to be quite weighty, at least several gigabytes.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am assuming this is in regards to the alleged Day 1 Patch (I will ask our Slav brothers and sisters of the Codex to help me with this one if I speculated in error):

Скажите, сколько будет весить патч?)

• OwlcatStarrok[S] 3 points 4 hours ago

Патч планируется довольно увесистым, как минимум несколько гигабайт.
    • parent
    • CWagner 6 points 3 hours ago

To save others from translating:

Tell me, how much will the patch weigh?

The patch is planned to be quite weighty, at least several gigabytes.
The translation in your post is correct. However, I am not your brother, never was, never will be, and I hope our closest common mother died in pain and suffering.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
What's what? They can't be bothered to say something nice about how he contributed to the game? LMAO! Oki doki.
They don't know how this situation will play out. Any comments from their side could hurt either the game sales or MCA judicial prospects or both.

So I'd say it is a wise decision.

The_Mask

Patron
Mechanical spoilers in regards to spell casting/spellbook(s) for the Angel and Lich mythic paths. Combat-oriented people beware. Click-at-own-risk.

Are the only mythic paths that can merge spellbooks Lich and Angel. will late game paths have spellbooks?

Is it possible you will make a Might and Magic style side game since you already have the combat framework of it?

• Stratagemin2 1 point an hour ago

Legend and Gold Dragon do not have their own Spellbooks. I'm not sure about swarm. As far as I know Lich and Angel are the only merged spellbooks.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Mechanical spoilers in regards to spell casting/spellbook(s) for the Angel and Lich mythic paths. Combat-oriented people beware. Click-at-own-risk.

Are the only mythic paths that can merge spellbooks Lich and Angel. will late game paths have spellbooks?

Is it possible you will make a Might and Magic style side game since you already have the combat framework of it?

• Stratagemin2 1 point an hour ago

Legend and Gold Dragon do not have their own Spellbooks. I'm not sure about swarm. As far as I know Lich and Angel are the only merged spellbooks.

That's just some dip shit who's not a developer but decided he needed to go throughout the thread and answer as much questions as he could as if he was a developer. Ignore all of his replies. I get the community answering some questions that are already known or have been asked on behalf of the developers but I don't know why he thought the questions were directed to him... Pretty annoying

Aarwolf

Learned
So much about based ruskies subverting the kwan Paizo:

Linzi is lesbian and there was going to be trans dwarf in the capital

Speaking of inclusion, there's one thing I'm still sad didn't make it to the final game. Remember the beardless dwarf merchant in the capital of the Stolen Lands? I planned to reveal later that she's a closeted trans woman, and give the player a side quest to get her a potion. Unfortunately, this bit of content got cut, so her story was left unfinished, a setup with no resolution. I'm glad that for Wrath we have better representation baked into the original module, but I still hope to one day, maybe in a later game, that dwarf could make a comeback, this time as a woman :)

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's what? They can't be bothered to say something nice about how he contributed to the game? LMAO! Oki doki.
They don't know how this situation will play out. Any comments from their side could hurt either the game sales or MCA judicial prospects or both.

So I'd say it is a wise decision.
"We greatly appreciate Chris Avellone's work on our project." - sounds better than whatever statement that they just feed us. Also:
>They don't know how this situation will play out.
Easy, he was falsely accused. The fact that Owlcat gave us that statement. Assumes the intent that they believe him to be some nefarious sex predator. Really.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
That's just some dip shit who's not a developer but decided he needed to go throughout the thread and answer as much questions as he could as if he was a developer.
So I have to discard the comments from the person who is allowed to answer questions in the official AMA thread on reddit, but should heed to the opinion of a person who is not answering the questions. Thank you, nice gentleman.

"We greatly appreciate Chris Avellone's work on our project." - sounds better than whatever statement that they just feed us. Also:
Remember: they are scared shitless of the SJW mob. Their ban policy speaks for itself.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
So I have to discard the comments from the person who is allowed to answer questions in the official AMA thread on reddit, but should heed to the opinion of a person who is not answering the questions. Thank you, nice gentleman.

one guy is acting like he has some level of authority or knowledge that he doesn't during an AMA targeted at someone who isn't him, the other guy is just telling you to ignore an attention whore.

Anyone can reply btw. He doesn't have some special permission or anything. He's just a random cringe redditor going through the entire thread answering questions

Aarwolf

Learned
For the record. Only Desiderius say that. The rest of us told you to ignore the romance shit by not engaging with it.

I don't care about it a slightest, but some saw Owlcats as something they are clearly not.

And it wasn't romance, mind it - it was in camp party banter and in quests.

Mauman

Learned
Ugh...is it so hard to acknowledge Chris nowadays?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom