Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The main point of Scion is to turn on Weapon Training (and thus Duelist Gloves) on Natural Attax. Gloves give an additional +2 to your Weapon Training for all purposes, not just AB, and Tabletop Tweaks adds several Advanced Weapon Training Feats that key off your Trainjng bonus, including a Weapon Enchant like Cam’s that can be used with Barrage.

There’s a pic in that series that upset Daidre showing a +6 Reflex bonus from
AldLegend60Reflex.jpg
so this works even on Vanilla. There’s one for Initiative, etc…

Scion (like any Fighter) gets three free Advanced Weapon Training Feats as it levels. Dragon Feats can pick up more or with Tweaks you can take them once you unlock them as regular Feats.

Scion loses Armor Training so fits well with Polymorph effects that turn off your Armor anyway. Scion does give scaling Nat Armor bonus from Bloodline. One of the Feats Tweaks adds gives you Shield bonus based on Weapon Training bonus as well.

GD eliminates downside of losing Bravery (and Armed Bravery) since it gives Immunities for Mind-affecting.

You’ll want UMD (and will have good CHR for Intimidate) to cast Dragonform/Beast Shape/Elemental Form scrolls so can get Archmage Armor w/Mage Armor scrolls. Unlike Legend Gold Dragon doesn’t cancel Mythic Abilities and Feats.

Wonder if GD dice bonus works on scrolls.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
TN Human Dragonheir Scion mistakes Dragon Bloodline for Demonic (so no Aasimar/Tiefling) embracing Demonic Mythic path and form-changing abilities while avoiding C/E aspects. Haasilex (sp?) helps her discover true nature as Gold Dragon, uses Natural Weapon training gained from form-changing to pwn in Gold Dragon Form.

Only Neutral companions (outside Companion quests):

That leaves:

Lann
Sos
Daeran
Wolj
Cam (before true alignment revealed)
Greybor (haven’t had a chance to play much)
Nenio
Aru (until redemption)
Trevor (who I might actually need)

Sos at NG is auto-include. Will build (following @Daidre’s advice) as caster to spam Persistent (with fav meta) Arbitrament (since all N), and probably Abjuration for Dispel, Greater.

Nature (Second Mystery) Daeran for only Barkskin, only pet.

Nenio to Polymorph MC, provide scrolls, Illusion control.

Greybor Shield Mastery (unlocks lvl 11) Shield Basher to replace Seelah (and eventually Aru’s skills with Trapfinding Slayer talent)

Empyrial Sorc Lann?

Should be interesting since haven’t done Demon. What choice locks it out?

Will try once Yosharian's patch goes up if it fixes enough stuff.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Berry good. But the Druid itself, man. What about the Druid? cRPG implementations of D&D and D&D-esque Druids tend to be pretty lame. In Kingmaker it was fine, but I'm worried about the higher level scaling.
it same lame, you feel more like a druid by giving advice to ogre about headaches and summoning boring beetles in Icewind Dale than any 3.5 or equivalent game.
too much overlap in spells, and unique spells are :Mand summonz are just :shittydog: :shittydog::shittydog:
Just tested Angel Druid and its the most absurd Angel Merge I think. Druid already wants Conj Focus and most of the Angel Nukes are Conj as well. All bypass SR. Hadn’t realized Repel the Profane only works on Evil so auto-Selective with most companions, bypasses fear-immunity, and applies Shaken even on successful save.

Shatter anything AoE.

Slowing Mud is enemies only also Conj and (at least with Tweaks) also applies Daze for a round and Difficult Terrain (Druid gives you Feather, Mass at lvl 5). Cleansing Flames also Conj and easy way to apply Enforced Vigor while nuking foes.

A lot of good combos for Angel Druid. Check it out.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
One thing I'm curious about...

Trevor started off as a Paladin, but if you use an atonement scroll on him his alignment doesn't shift back.

Would it be cheating to use a mod to change him back to LG after using a scroll?

Desiderius

Patron
Berry good. But the Druid itself, man. What about the Druid? cRPG implementations of D&D and D&D-esque Druids tend to be pretty lame. In Kingmaker it was fine, but I'm worried about the higher level scaling.
Druid Spellbook merges with Angel taking you to seventh-level Druid spells right away when you get Angel (around lvl10 or so). Or maybe Eighth. The Angel save I reloaded was still on Mythic3 and char level 12 and got 8th level Druid spells.

Desiderius

Patron
One thing I'm curious about...

Trevor started off as a Paladin, but if you use an atonement scroll on him his alignment doesn't shift back.

Would it be cheating to use a mod to change him back to LG after using a scroll?
Not really but also doesn't fit the story very well either. He plays best as Barb I think. Decent Cleaver. All his classes are full BAB so he's not awful.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There’s a pic in that series that upset @Daidre showing a +6 Reflex bonus from
Why would it upset me?
I love fighter's training feats and I love them even more with the new options from TTTweaks. And Scion is amazing with barrage and barrage is never bad on any character even if you have only one proc.
Quite contrary, I have issues with taking Regill's to Hellknight 10 because it offers so little and so late that it just worthless next to continuing his progression as the fighter in the modded game, since all weapon and armor training special feats are scaling from his fighter lvl. I wish I could do away his first Hellknight lvl completely to hit capstone, but it is too much against his story for my tastes.

BTW TTTweaks adds new capstones at lvl 20 for many classes and even generic for +8 chosen stat is amazing. Or monk's for extra flurry attack. At least for me it is good enough reason to leave Seelah pure (I usually go for Paladin 17 anyway). Or Nenio, for +8 Int.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Q: What's even better than using Insightful Strike on Woljif to kill Melazmera the Umbral Dragon by making her flat-footed?

A: Flaying her for Purpose so she can help you clear out the demons in the mine afterwards.

Melazamera.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
There’s a pic in that series that upset @Daidre showing a +6 Reflex bonus from
Why would it upset me?
I love fighter's training feats and I love them even more with the new options from TTTweaks. And Scion is amazing with barrage and barrage is never bad on any character even if you have only one proc.
Quite contrary, I have issues with taking Regill's to Hellknight 10 because it offers so little and so late that it just worthless next to continuing his progression as the fighter in the modded game, since all weapon and armor training special feats are scaling from his fighter lvl. I wish I could do away his first Hellknight lvl completely to hit capstone, but it is too much against his story for my tastes.

BTW TTTweaks adds new capstones at lvl 20 for many classes and even generic for +8 chosen stat is amazing. Or monk's for extra flurry attack. At least for me it is good enough reason to leave Seelah pure (I usually go for Paladin 17 anyway). Or Nenio, for +8 Int.
Reg HK is late but not little as it turns out. Tho some of the abilities like Tracker could use some love. The +3 Morale Aura AB/AC really helps on the cutscenes where your buffs are stripped, especially when followed up with Swift Inspiring. Should count as Fighter levels at least and/or Domain should go by Order levels to make Armiger better.

You were upset by the Screenshot spam, but there’s some pretty interesting stuff in those pics, including the real damage that character was doing in the Khor pic. Something was off in the Deskari one.

RunningWolf

Learned
The reason why Spirited Charge is the best feat in the game:
6PbC9Gd.png
Not a crit, but first hit was under True strike. Hard difficulty, but would be no different on Unfair as im not fully buffed. Nothing in the game gives as much of an impact as this one feat. I would even go as far as to say its better than all mythic feats, including barrage, as long as you have a Skald(a must have character to me).

Stoned Ape

Savant
6PbC9Gd.png
Not a crit, but first hit was under True strike. Hard difficulty, but would be no different on Unfair as im not fully buffed. Nothing in the game gives as much of an impact as this one feat. I would even go as far as to say its better than all mythic feats, including barrage, as long as you have a Skald(a must have character to me).
That's interesting and looks really fun, but your tactic involves doing pretty much the opposite of how I've been playing this run.

My team is all designed around a strong battle line that holds a choke-point and a pair of high-damage archers to pick off stuff like opposition missile troops/casters.

I draw the enemy onto my front-line, meaning they generally only get to make one attack on the turn they move in, then hit them with full attacks from my party until they're obliterated.

It's worked really well for me so far. I can probably only play the way I am in turn-based, though. RTWP always gets a bit too chaotic for me to try formation based gameplay.

Desiderius

Patron
I did that alot early on in P:K with Val pulling to turn on Fighting Defensively and give her time to get Dazzling off.

Only time it has problems is in neutralizing enemy threats in their own backline.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Q: What's even better than using Insightful Strike on Woljif to kill Melazmera the Umbral Dragon by making her flat-footed?

A: Flaying her for Purpose so she can help you clear out the demons in the mine afterwards.

Melazamera.jpg
this is how system bloat looks like

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nothing in the game gives as much of an impact as this one feat. I would even go as far as to say its better than all mythic feats, including barrage, as long as you have a Skald(a must have character to me).
Or as long as you're a Kitsune :)

Desiderius

Patron
6PbC9Gd.png
That's interesting and looks really fun, but your tactic involves doing pretty much the opposite of how I've been playing this run.

My team is all designed around a strong battle line that holds a choke-point and a pair of high-damage archers to pick off stuff like opposition missile troops/casters.

I draw the enemy onto my front-line, meaning they generally only get to make one attack on the turn they move in, then hit them with full attacks from my party until they're obliterated.

It's worked really well for me so far. I can probably only play the way I am in turn-based, though. RTWP always gets a bit too chaotic for me to try formation based gameplay.
RTwP with “v” button to advance time plays alot like TB just with simultaneous turns.

Tsubutai

Educated
Finally got round to playing the DLCs. Enjoyed Inevitable Excess quite a bit, but I have no idea what Owlcat were thinking and/or smoking while developing Through the Ashes.

Desiderius

Patron
They weren’t. It’s half-finished at best. Looks like they pulled all dev resources to rush out Rogue Trader.

Stoned Ape

Savant
A couple of interesting things I've noticed:

Elemental Barrage seems to trigger on Cleaving Shot for extra splash damage.

Vampiric Sword seems to trigger on the mini-dragon pet's 1d4 elemental attack (that's another 1d6+28 free damage/healing)
EDIT:
Remembered this wrong, it's the Holy Damage from the sword which is added onto the dragonling, not Vampiric Sword.

If you take second bloodline: Draconic x as a mythic feat, then go legend you get to keep the full bloodline if you've taken Dragon Disciple levels:

Legend.jpg

You also get to keep Lich spells, and can reach caster level 28 by taking 8 levels of prestige class caster before reaching level 20. This lets you get 10th level spells:

Spells.jpg

Also, you can start as a LG sorcerer, fall into Lichdom, become a legend, use a scroll of atonement, then take a couple of paladin levels.

Seems Iomedae is an incredibly forgiving goddess. My character has stopped repurposing bosses he kills into undead monstrosities, though. He IS reformed, after all!

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
If you take second bloodline: Draconic x as a mythic feat, then go legend you get to keep the full bloodline if you've taken Dragon Disciple levels:
You mean if you take Second Bloodline as one of your mythic abilities that gets removed when you go Legend?

Stoned Ape

Savant
You mean if you take Second Bloodline as one of your mythic abilities that gets removed when you go Legend?
You can normally only keep 1 mythic ability and feat with Legend (I kept Enduring Spells & Extra Mythic Ability Greater Enduring Spells for 24 hour Haste, Greater Invisibility, etc.)

This also lets you keep Second Bloodline (as long as it's dragon) and counts your sorcerer levels on top of your Dragon Disciple levels as normal, instead of capping it at Dragon Disciple levels.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So far the game is good. I did not like the first game at all, but this one is a significant upgrade in all the ways that I care. Don't really have much else to say that probably hasn't already been discussed to death as I'm still in the beginning / just got access to the army vs army mechanic. I made my own party of Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Druid (PC), Wizard and Bard. Sticking it to the basics leads to the most consistent results.

Desiderius

Patron
So far the game is good. I did not like the first game at all, but this one is a significant upgrade in all the ways that I care. Don't really have much else to say that probably hasn't already been discussed to death as I'm still in the beginning / just got access to the army vs army mechanic. I made my own party of Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Druid (PC), Wizard and Bard. Sticking it to the basics leads to the most consistent results.
2yUR.gif

Stoned Ape

Savant
Seems Iomedae is an incredibly forgiving goddess. My character has stopped repurposing bosses he kills into undead monstrosities, though. He IS reformed, after all!
wait, you can do that to all bosses you kill as a lich?
There are 3 spells you can cast that can reanimate anything that you kill to stay with you in the area you kill it in; Repurpose, Flay for Purpose, and Doom to Servitude. The last one of the three has an indefinite duration so you can keep the necrotic abomination you create as long as you like.

They're all DoT spells which cause varying damage, and if the creature is killed under the effect of one of those spells it is reanimated as an undead slave. You can cast them on most things, including most of the bosses.

It's really useful to keep a big demon zombie around to speed up clearing areas but the down side of the spells is that whatever you animate keeps its equipment so you can't loot it until it dies a second time. However, you can always use another Lich spell to quickly steal your slave's HP when you want its items.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom