Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Its definately still the case. You can do multiple AoOs vs enemies until they are dead, regardless if they have Combat Reflexes or not.
Tried it yesterday :)

A bit refreshing not to play a kitsune for a change. I mean, kitsune is still optimal stat-wise with Master Shapeshifter, but a tiny hasty halfling with a considerably sized elven curved blade dancing and running in circles around large demons is just hilarious... Will be even funnier with Microscopic Proportions... like an annoying, buzzing fly, LOL. With a big sting.

Won't work if you don't have Acrobatic Movement triggered, if they have spent their AoO or can't pinpoint you (for example you are invisible/they are blind, feared and probably a couple CC effects more).
Unfortunately can't do it before the enemies have acted, though (unless they have Uncanny Dodge).

Still debating if worth it to get 1 Rowdy / 1 Loremaster for Vital Strike, GVS and Vital Force. Probably not necessary, but maybe good to have a solid Standard action to fall back on in case the method is not fool-proof... or simply to have a good opener/finisher. Also considering picking 4 levels in Instinctual Warrior. More Move Speed (+20 with Rage Power), Initiative and AC, Uncanny Dodge, more attack and damage... should be pretty good.
I made my current character to try and take advantage of this, except Fey Primalist (for animal totem) with a rapier. Currently ML5 so I haven't had a chance to play with the Mobility 2 trick yet (I think they should roll the Perception 2 trick into attaining ML 4 and come up with something else for Perception 2, but anyway). I'm hoping endgame will be me using I think 90ft of movement to proc all the AoOs and then try to end my turn somewhere where I can charge through and proc more AoOs to respond while mythic charge is active.
Hmm, can you explain how do you get 90ft?
Base 30, buff +30 (do some of them stack?), +10 Primalist... where is the rest? Do you also plan to take Fast Movement Rage Powers?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is why you go for max CHR on Pal:
I do not even understands how this lvl 40 Evagail girl even capable of such a hilariously bad damage per hit with her -11 power attack and lvl 11 Seelah.
I mean any remotely decent char would get at least +55 from Power Attack here and another +11 from Seelah, not even mentioning all the other buff/feats like Favored Enemy and Weapon Training, but she hits like wet noodle with her ~50 dmg hits

Wet noodle legend with 93 AB on core and 49 dmg crits :lol: And this guy gives everyone build advises.

Yosharian

Arcane
I do not even understands how this lvl 40 Evagail girl even capable of such a hilariously bad damage per hit with her -11 power attack and lvl 11 Seelah.
I mean any remotely decent char would get at least +55 from Power Attack here and another +11 from Seelah, not even mentioning all the other buff/feats like Favored Enemy and Weapon Training, but she hits like wet noodle with her ~50 dmg hits

Wet noodle legend with 93 AB on core and 49 dmg crits :lol: And this guy gives everyone build advises.
49 damage crit with a Legend build? How is that even possible?

Yosharian

Arcane
49 damage with a crit isn't possible, you're lying. With the lowest possible crit multiplier that would mean a base damage of 25, there's no way any Legend build does that little damage

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Its definately still the case. You can do multiple AoOs vs enemies until they are dead, regardless if they have Combat Reflexes or not.

A bit refreshing not to play a kitsune for a change. I mean, kitsune is still optimal stat-wise with Master Shapeshifter, but a tiny hasty halfling with a considerably sized elven curved blade dancing and running in circles around large demons is just hilarious... Will be even funnier with Microscopic Proportions... like an annoying, buzzing fly, LOL. With a big sting.

Won't work if you don't have Acrobatic Movement triggered, if they have spent their AoO or can't pinpoint you (for example you are invisible/they are blind, feared and probably a couple CC effects more).
Unfortunately can't do it before the enemies have acted, though (unless they have Uncanny Dodge).

Still debating if worth it to get 1 Rowdy / 1 Loremaster for Vital Strike, GVS and Vital Force. Probably not necessary, but maybe good to have a solid Standard action to fall back on in case the method is not fool-proof... or simply to have a good opener/finisher. Also considering picking 4 levels in Instinctual Warrior. More Move Speed (+20 with Rage Power), Initiative and AC, Uncanny Dodge, more attack and damage... should be pretty good.
I made my current character to try and take advantage of this, except Fey Primalist (for animal totem) with a rapier. Currently ML5 so I haven't had a chance to play with the Mobility 2 trick yet (I think they should roll the Perception 2 trick into attaining ML 4 and come up with something else for Perception 2, but anyway). I'm hoping endgame will be me using I think 90ft of movement to proc all the AoOs and then try to end my turn somewhere where I can charge through and proc more AoOs to respond while mythic charge is active.
You... don't have to take the Perception Trick. Those Feats still cost a Feat. Can't kill a corpse.
My complaint is more that if you take it any later than ML6, it becomes harder to get value out of it since you're running out of general feat slots and all the feats aren't on any bonus lists AFAIK. Maybe it could come with a free respec of your last 5 levels or something.

Hmm, can you explain how do you get 90ft?
Base 30, buff +30 (do some of them stack?), +10 Primalist... where is the rest? Do you also plan to take Fast Movement Rage Powers?
Base 30, haste +30 = 60 * 1.5 from Mob 1. I had forgotten about fast movement actually.

Daidre

Arcane
49 damage with a crit isn't possible, you're lying. With the lowest possible crit multiplier that would mean a base damage of 25, there's no way any Legend build does that little damage
There is two hits for 49 and 50 in his log - crit and non-crit, but crit was eaten by Fortification.
93ABvsDeskari.jpg

But number is still hilarious for 40 BAB build, as you can see in attack breakdown, especially when there is something that looks suspiciously like pet (Bite + Trip) Rowan hitting for 82 dmg in the same picture.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Lol I knew you’d say that but you’re clowning yourself. Why would she need anymore with nine attacks + the AoOs from Disarm and the extra damage from Disarming Strike?

You’re the one jizzing yourself over your face-melting rays and she’s doing 500 per round min with auto attacks.

If you’ll notice on the pic she did crit which kicks it up to 120 or so (Deskari’s Fortification canceled it) and with Improved Crit and Perfect Strike she’s built to crit (free Disarm on crit).

I’m trading the extra damage I don’t need for CMB, AC, and Saves and that -4 AC debuff for the team on Crippling Crit + big debuffs from Shatter Confidence.

Notice even Bismuth getting in on the action.

Desiderius

Patron
Hey give the guy a break. He said some pages ago that you don't need to have more damage. He just follows his own advice.
Can’t kill a corpse geniuses. If 500 a round on an unhittable tank/debuffer isn’t enough what’s rest of your team doing?

RunningWolf

Learned
Can’t kill a corpse geniuses. If 500 a round on an unhittable tank/debuffer isn’t enough what’s rest of your team doing?
A problem with your logic is that its not a Zero-sum game. You can deal enormous damage in a round and be immortal tank. Funny how you invent faggy word salads like "one-wierd-trick", yet at the end of the day its nothing but projection.

Desiderius

Patron
Legend does have a downside too. She lost Leading Strike, Ever Ready, and the Trickster Sneaks which were generating a lot of her damage. She did pick up the ability to Parry anything (works on Nat 20s) and all the great stuff from Duelist 10, Swordlord 10, and full Aldori Defender 20.

I may have been slumming it at that point too since it was my Core playthrough and was just rolling everything. Missing Edge and Holy at least I’d guess.

Desiderius

Patron
A problem with your logic is that its not a Zero-sum game. You can deal enormous damage in a round and be immortal tank. Funny how you invent faggy word salads like "one-wierd-trick", yet at the end of the day its nothing but projection.
Not if you’re investing your skills and abilities in things you need like AC, Saves, debuffs, and Parry (Other) to stop Nat 20s on your team instead of things you don’t. Look at the log. How many attacks is Deskari getting? How many rounds do you think he lived? Hurr durr Unfair. Done the same on Unfair and posted pics. You don’t think beating Deskari’s AC by… checks notes… 55 translates to Unfair?

This isn’t Deadfire. There are no bullet-sponges. You don’t need that much damage. On the higher difficulties you do need resilience and the ability to make sure you’re the one presenting the threats and not the enemy.

When will you ankle-biting phaggots ever learn? I’m not doing less damage because I can’t do more, since the rest of my team isn’t sitting around picking their noses or being “buffbots” or “healers” like this were some shitty MMO I’m doing all I need to eliminate/neutralize threats ASAP.

Desiderius

Patron
There is two hits for 49 and 50 in his log - crit and non-crit, but crit was eaten by Fortification.

But number is still hilarious for 40 BAB build, as you can see in attack breakdown, especially when there is something that looks suspiciously like pet (Bite + Trip) Rowan hitting for 82 dmg in the same picture.
Yep that’s Lann’s Mount with 53 STR.

When you’ve got Bismuth for God’s sake doing close to 50 why do I need more than 500 damage a round on MC?

Seriously don’t get the point you’re trying to make. If you want to solo solo. If you’re not that’s plenty of damage. I’m playing tinman (minimal reloads) with full party so go for things like initiative and CMs/debuffs/disables instead.

OK, you’re designing for something entirely superfluous. I’m supposed to be embarrassed by that?

Looks like the initial Charge critted on that fight (the Crippling Crit AC malus) which triggered a free Disarm (of Riftcarver) with CMB higher than his CMD, likewise on the Trip, which isn’t easy to do even on Core. Debuff/Disable + (enough) damage is the whole strategy.

Duelist 5 gives Combat Reflexes and her DEX bonus is 13. AoO on every Deskari attack from attacking Unarmed, from Riposte on Parry, from Outflank and Seize the Moment + Fighter’s Tactics, from standing up from Trip, and probably two or three other things I’m forgetting so effectively what 12 attacks per round sometimes more? Are there mobs with 20,000 Hp I’m forgetting?

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
Just wanted to say I'm having a blast with my Lich Gish build so far. Just reached level 16 about 1/4 of the way through Act 4 and it's been the most fun I've had with the game.

The party is really fun to play and synergizes very well together, I like all the character builds I'm trying out and it's great to have a Gish that actually effective in both melee and magic without losing much effectiveness in either. Also, Corrupt Magic is the most incredible spell ever.

Lich-Gish.jpg

Some of the spell effects weren't showing up on the sheet so I scribbled them on; damage should be (3d6+31 (base)) + (2d6 Holy (from great sword)) +(1d6 +19 (from Vampiric Blade Spell which also heals for equal value)). Vampiric Blade also triggers on hit from both Dragon Bite and Magic Gore.

AC is 55 with Seamantle against anything that doesn't have freedom of movement. Will take Improved Initiative next level up; I've been using a helm for +4 init but swapped it out for an intimidate mask just before I took this and forgot to put it back on.

Also have Mind Blank (communal) running and protection from spells available to cast, so saves aren't as uninspiring as they look at first glance.

H's currently Caster Level 21 after the 5th Mythic Rank Lich buff.

Really didn't expect Lich to be so much more fun to play than Angel, those Bolts/Storm of Justice and Ward spells are OP but boring compared to Lich magic.

Overall, Angel is much stronger, but I didn't like my companion builds as much and felt as if I was pretty much soloing the game with a bunch of sidekicks. This run feels like a proper team effort in comparison.

Desiderius

Patron
Felt same way with merged Angel. Angel on a Martial is a good combo. Really liked it on QStaff Master. Unlike other Mythic Spellbooks it starts on lvl 3 even unmerged.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Don't need to tank, disarm or debuff corpse too. And if full martial 40 BAB legend can't kill enemy with his one full attack on Core, with ton of buffs like Mark of Justice, then what such character is even doing in the discussion about build performance?

PS there are tricky cases like Areelu with 50% miss chance from Areshkagal aspect, but tank/disarmer is more worthless there, not less. Btw somebody knows, if Judge's ability counters that buff?

Desiderius

Patron
Again, why are you trying to solo a game with six party members, one of which has 53 STR? I look at a 53 STR Mount and think “ok that’s doing good damage, I can focus on something else I need, including keeping it alive and making sure it hits” instead of “how can I win a pissing contest with it on my tiny Halfling MC?”

Who is also doing 500 a round anyway which is more than enough especially with six other characters also doing close to that. Again, what’s the point?

You’re the one casting Mass Heals by your own admission, not me.

Desiderius

Patron
Don't need to tank, disarm or debuff corpse too. And if full martial 40 BAB legend can't kill enemy with his one full attack on Core, with ton of buffs like Mark of Justice, then what such character is even doing in the discussion about build performance?

PS there are tricky cases like Areelu with 50% miss chance from Areshkagal aspect, but tank/disarmer is more worthless there, not less. Btw somebody knows, if Judge's ability counters that buff?
All those attacks with infinite AB and ten activations of Perfect Strike is one way around 50% miss. Can’t remember is she crit/fear immune? Parry tanks for whole front line including stopping nat 20s (only triggers when needed) which is great for 90% of fights.

There’s a long list of unique abilities Duelist/Swordlord gives you then with Legend you get full effect from Trained Reflexes and Armed Bravery on top of Fighter’s Tactics + Shake it Off. Seems like those high saves were good vs Areelu but can’t remember.

Daidre

Arcane
Again, why are you trying to solo a game with six party members, one of which has 53 STR? I look at a 53 STR Mount and think “ok that’s doing good damage, I can focus on something else I need, including keeping it alive and making sure it hits” instead of “how can I win a pissing contest with it on my tiny Halfling MC?”
It rubs me the wrong way when I see something like Legend with 40 class lvls and full bab built around supporting the party. Devoting the character who can theoretically reach heights that no one is the party could even approach to, to the functions that could be adequately performed by hireling with 20 PB or even by the pet dog for like 90% of time, is very very meh for me. I hate seeing wasted potential and annoyed when someone promotes it.
All those attacks with infinite AB and ten activations of Perfect Strike is one way around 50% miss.
And here you are, talking out of your ass again.
0Os1XiL.png

NcJNj8U.png
Lann's first 2 attacks are eaten by Areshkagal aspect and Perfect Strike only applied to the third one that got more than 50% on it's un-counterable Concealment roll. It means that Perfect Strike is applied after Areshkagal aspect and absolutely worthless against it. Kinda like infinite AB and your advise for that particular case.

Yosharian

Arcane

Last time we discussed it in Discord, Greater Sentence was doing absolutely nothing.

Judge has definitely fallen from favour in my eyes, the action economy is absolute garbage, especially if you take Domain Zealot. The current meta Inquisitor is Sanctified Slayer because you get +AB/DMG without having to dump your Swift Action at the beginning of each fight - also you get a spare mythic ability since you don't have to take Everlasting Judgement.

That said, Guarded Hearth might be getting dumpstered next patch so bear that in mind

Yosharian

Arcane
AFAIK Areelu's concealment is based off the demon ability Aspect of Areshkagal which is a supernatural ability which can't be countered by anything

BTW there is an interesting interaction with Displacement and that ability, if you have Blind-Fight and don't debuff her Displacement (or bypass it with True Seeing etc) then you get to reroll vs her Displacement using BF and you never even interact with AoA

areelu.jpg

AFAIK this interaction still works

Desiderius

Patron
From that same playthrough. Wasn't even bothering with half her buffs or Mark etc...

12 AC Savalamek.jpg

There are a *lot* of debuff options out there.

Damage at lvl 11:

Ald11bigdamage.jpg

Applying Shatter Confidence on Playful (Core):

Ald15 True Strike Alpha on Darkness.jpg

Seelah wasn't even here? Who knows what I was doing. The Shatter Confidence would have set up Reg for the kill but he was wearing the bugged Haste necklace so couldn't attack. Once it wore off he (and Lann IIRC) did but MC got mauled in the meantime. Unfair add on Touch of Good with Mark from Seelah and this gets there.

Shatter Confidence + Disarming Strike on Soul Hunter:

Ald16Disarming Strike (both) vs Soul Hunter.jpg

The Intimidate from Shatter Confidence applies before the Disarm on Disarming Strike that triggers from the crit so helps land the Disarm, but it uses AB instead of CM on the Disarm, which can be good or bad. Mark not down yet here either. First playthrough still missing some things. Hence Core.

Mythic Trick Knowledge (World) 2 was sorely missed after going Legend:

Ald17knowworld 2.jpg

Changes Crit miss into crit.

Parry into Disarm on Vavakia Vanguard:

Aldlegend37DisarmParry.jpg

Pretty nice CMB there! Looks like it's Parrying an attack on Daeran from across the screen? The big malus suggests it's covering multiple characters. STR drain not fun, but we got him.

Parrying a nat 20:

AldlegendParry stoppingnat20.jpg

That big malus would be a steep hill to climb on Unfair. But you can see there's still a good bit of cushion. Not sure if it's working as intended or not.

About those saves:

AldLegend60Reflex.jpg

Looks like Dueling Gloves gives +2 bonus on Reflex with Trained Reflexes as well.

Doing a little more damage on this fight:

Algleg40 Perfect Strike on Khor.jpg

40 lvls = ten activations of Perfect Strike with no Monk lvls lol.

Finally the Disarm on Riftcarver which was the original goal of the build:

AldLegend40 Disarming Riftcarver.jpg

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
From that same playthrough. Wasn't even bothering with half her buffs or Mark etc...
I hate to break the mood, but I got like 50-150 kb bandwidth in this beautiful place. I am not ready to load any more of your pictures for the sake of an argument)
But from the one I have actually loaded: why Deskari is smacking Lann with Scythe for 70 dmg when you got unhittable disarming tank with amazing initiative on your semi-iron-men?

And I am kinda wondering if your unhittable tank could tank Playful Darkness from round 1 without army of summons?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom