Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Grunker could you do me a favour, do you have a Demon savegame at Threshold that you could upload to Mega or whatever

I want to test some theories about Destructive Dispel

Yep, I’ll check when I get home tonight. By Threshold, do you mean any save in the Fane basically? Because i probably made a manual save there at one point or another, like before Darkness
Thanks, no I mean Threshold as in the very last dungeon of the game, just before Noct gives you Darkness Caress and you start fighting those asshole Gallu Stormcallers

ehm, I'm in act 4 lol
Oh right, I've caught up with you then. Get your act together dude

Anyway don't worry about hte save I ended up just making an IE character and testing it that way

Unfortunately Destructive Dispel is not boosted in any way by any Demon abilities

Well actually I managed to increase the DC by ONE but I have no idea why

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker could you do me a favour, do you have a Demon savegame at Threshold that you could upload to Mega or whatever

Yep, I’ll check when I get home tonight. By Threshold, do you mean any save in the Fane basically? Because i probably made a manual save there at one point or another, like before Darkness
Thanks, no I mean Threshold as in the very last dungeon of the game, just before Noct gives you Darkness Caress and you start fighting those asshole Gallu Stormcallers

ehm, I'm in act 4 lol

Work and stuffies :'(

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

ehm, I'm in act 4 lol

Anyway don't worry about hte save I ended up just making an IE character and testing it that way

Unfortunately Destructive Dispel is not boosted in any way by any Demon abilities

Well actually I managed to increase the DC by ONE but I have no idea why
Try TTT :)

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
The TB lobby, composed of the disabled and slow reflexes sloths, is why we can't have nice things.

Crichton

Prophet
I stalled out on this one months ago in Chapter 3 because I figured out I needed to build a bunch of buildings to raise my "Logistics" score and I couldn't be arsed to build all those pig farms. Recently I decided to give it another chance and

While I building pig farms and passing the time with all the silly event cards, Lann's mother showed up and I did this little unmarked FedEx quest going back and forth between them (total shit writing). Now that's over with and I have enough pig farms, but I'm curious, will I miss out on something if I go to the Ivory Sanctum? (last item on the grocery list, so I'm presuming that ends the chapter) I have another quest related to that dark elf chick which says it has to be completed this chapter, but I don't see any way to do that currently. Do I need to hold off and wait for her mother to show up or somesuch?

TDLR: When is it safe to end Ch3 without risking missing out on something?

Yosharian

Arcane
I stalled out on this one months ago in Chapter 3 because I figured out I needed to build a bunch of buildings to raise my "Logistics" score and I couldn't be arsed to build all those pig farms. Recently I decided to give it another chance and

While I building pig farms and passing the time with all the silly event cards, Lann's mother showed up and I did this little unmarked FedEx quest going back and forth between them (total shit writing). Now that's over with and I have enough pig farms, but I'm curious, will I miss out on something if I go to the Ivory Sanctum? (last item on the grocery list, so I'm presuming that ends the chapter) I have another quest related to that dark elf chick which says it has to be completed this chapter, but I don't see any way to do that currently. Do I need to hold off and wait for her mother to show up or somesuch?

Yeah CH3 was a real low point for me after the previous chapters. So much fucking filler content, and the crusade shit is so boring.

IllusiveBrian

Novice

The dark elf quest triggers as a random encounter. Ivory Sanctum doesn't end the chapter although if you're playing Azata it sort of starts a timer for the chapter to end (it doesn't actually start until you tell the Herald what you find out at Ivory Sanctum so you could do the Sanctum and then just not pick the dialogue option with him until you're ready). In any case you might hit the dark elf quest just walking to the sanctum.

During my first day as a Lich command, this game lets me:

- throw out a bunch of Paladins who claimed they wouldn't trust me anyways (surprise!)
- build a tower as the coming landmark of my immortal lichness
- replace the much too expensive foot soldiers as flesh shields of my army with cheap prisoners
- raise 600 zombies and 600 skeletons as a starting bonus (auto-growing in numbers with each enemy defeat)
- thus build an army entirelly of hell knights, undead and a couple thousand not-so-voluntary in just a couple weeks in-game time

This wasn't *known* to me when I started out. But had I *known* this, I would have never paused playing last year.

666 out of 666.

The TB lobby, composed of the disabled and slow reflexes sloths, is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah, like mechanics that are clearly not the best fit for real-time. If you can always follow mass battles in this on a mechanical level without resorting to the combat log, you're beyond Warcraft 3 mulitplayer pro level and should apply there and train your reflexes as there's money to be made. In games which not only consist of finite units. But also games in which said units have a finite set of abilites. (None of which boiling down to multiple attack resolutions within a single "action" -- on top of checks on concealment, concentration, saving throws and triggers for attacks of opportunity/sneak damage/etc.). On one of my last random encounters, I had barely commenced the attack and the first enemy was lying face down in the muck already. (And I had only Wenduag attacking, nobody else).

Last edited:

Tsubutai

Educated

The Ivory Sanctum doesn't actually end chapter 3, there's at least a month of waiting around and doing companion quests once you're done with it unless you're on one specific mythic path. If you want to be a completionist, make sure you finish the 'Middlegame' crusade quest and do any companion quests that arise before entering the big dungeon you'll be sent to after you come back from the Ivory Sanctum. You might as well also do the first set of islands from the Midnight Isles DLC if you have that.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Yeah, like mechanics that are clearly not the best fit for real-time. If you can always follow mass battles in this on a mechanical level without resorting to the combat log, you're beyond Warcraft 3 mulitplayer pro level and should apply there and train your reflexes as there's money to be made. In games which not only consist of finite units. But also games in which said units have a finite set of abilites. (None of which boiling down to multiple attack resolutions within a single "action" -- on top of checks on concealment, concentration, saving throws and triggers for attacks of opportunity/sneak damage/etc.). On one of my last random encounters, I had barely commenced the attack and the first enemy was lying face down in the muck already. (And I had only Wenduag attacking, nobody else).

You know you can press V to make it slow motion even in real time?
This said, slowbrains, the elders and the sick have all my sympathy but no reason to ruin the fun for the fit.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Imagine playing this game in RTWP
Some of us don't live in our imaginations.

resorting to the combat log
Resort to the Combat Log.

Somehow gratifying how well [gratuitously evil] correlates with [doesn't know what he's doing but mistakes it for the only way to do it].

Many such cases. There's hope yet.

Last edited:

IllusiveBrian

Novice

It's what encounters were designed for. Even bearing in mind that Owlcat so far have made very combat heavy games even compared to the Icewind Dales in general. The final stretches of Kingmaker are a total slogfest.
I even play the Tavern Defense in turn based, it takes me longer to play anything in RTWP than turn based because I spend time after each resolved attack trying to figure out what happened and whether I need to order someone to do something different. If other people prefer RTWP that's great, both can be included, I just don't want TB to have game breaking bugs like being unable to go through doors.

It's what encounters were designed for. Even bearing in mind that Owlcat so far have made very combat heavy games even compared to the Icewind Dales in general. The final stretches of Kingmaker are a total slogfest.
I even play the Tavern Defense in turn based, it takes me longer to play anything in RTWP than turn based because I spend time after each resolved attack trying to figure out what happened and whether I need to order someone to do something different. If other people prefer RTWP that's great, both can be included, I just don't want TB to have game breaking bugs like being unable to go through doors.
I did so too and as a standalone, I enjoyed that. Kind of reminded me of the defense of Oleg's in Kingmaker. I switched to RtwP shortly before Drezen. It took me two weeks of holiday last year to get that far in TB. And Drezen as a siege full of demon mobs, not sure whether that would have worked out as well in TB.

The original Infinite Engine games are much easier to read than this anyway. I'd replayed IWD last year and had a blast. Being able to slow things down doesn't change a billion things going on simultaneously. Like characters, enemies included resolving multiple hit/damage throws basically at once, even on earlier levels. It also doesn't fix the feedback, but then that's not much changed from Kingmaker. I think I'm going with the obvious choice often recommended either way: real-time for all that Owlcat trash. And turn-based for the more complex battles.

As said, curiously Warhammer sounds a better fit for RtwP, and it's now that they're going with TB from the ground up. That said, RtWP has worked better on lower level (A)D&D2e even back then already. Which is no coincidence, of course. The core influence was Bioware playing lots of Warcraft 2. Even in the faster paced WC3 in multiplayer, heroes, which are the closest thing to D&Dish characters, have like 4-5 abilities. And the units at your command have less than that. Not only that, those units also repeat, you're facing them over and over over the course of the game. And don't have like 3+4 attacks or more (say, hasted) at once later on.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
24 hour Greater Invisibility achieved with the Robe of Seven Sins, Phantasmal Mage staff and BFT Potent Magic CL boost. Mind Blank should help also.

Also got a Ring of Triumphant Advance.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I was thinking about replaying this to try out the lich path and I have two questions:

1. I played this on release and since it's now been patched enough to be called enhanced edition. Is there any reason for me to replay chapter one or should I just respec my dude from my chapter 2 save? I've played chapter 1 two times already so I'm not super keen on redoing it unless there are meaningful changes.

2. Is there any way to increase game speed? Cheat engine doesn't seem to work.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I was thinking about replaying this to try out the lich path and I have two questions:

1. I played this on release and since it's now been patched enough to be called enhanced edition. Is there any reason for me to replay chapter one or should I just respec my dude from my chapter 2 save? I've played chapter 1 two times already so I'm not super keen on redoing it unless there are meaningful changes.

Well, if on a new Mythic Path, personally I'm tempted to re-start, to see how the build behaves at the lower levels, to fully experience its growth. YMMV.

Don't know the answer to 2.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
In the game options you can increase animation speed in combat, I think there is a mod that also increases how fast your tokens move on the world map.
There is no way to actually speed up the rounds or walking speed though?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom