Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Cold-based damage Spells are kinda shit.
None of them are inherently party-friendly, so Selective Spell is almost a must if you want to make the most of them, and the AoE ones only go up to 15d6.
Meta-Snowballs are very party friendly and bypass SR. Ice Storm lays down Difficult Terrain and can be used to turn on Enforced Vigor if you want to go that way. Cold Ice Strike is Swift. Polar Ray also party-friendly and can do plenty of damage.

This is P:K:

View attachment 31836

AoE nuking is more for soloing, but if you're playing TB you should be able to position them fine without Selective. There are certainly more Fire Damage items than Cold, but both Cold (with Waves) and Divine Nukes can give you damage + control which is more useful with a party. White Dragon Armor + Elemental Imbuement Robe gives +2 dam per die Cold.
Oracles also get shield proficiency so you could put on the Chillrend shield for free.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Oracles also get shield proficiency so you could put on the Chillrend shield for free.
Proc has a save, so tough to get there. Daeran doesn't really have the Feats for Finesse + Bash. Fun for Core but hard to justify above that (I've tried it).

Waves also gets Icy Prison IIRC, which is such a great spell, especially with Evo Focus which he already wants for Archons/Sound Burst/Arrow of Law/Smite etc...

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Proc has a save, so tough to get there. Daeran doesn't really have the Feats for Finesse + Bash. Fun for Core but hard to justify above that (I've tried it).

Waves also gets Icy Prison IIRC, which is such a great spell, especially with Evo Focus which he already wants for Archons/Sound Burst/Arrow of Law/Smite etc...
Maybe I'm thinking of a different shield, there's one that adds +1 damage per die for cold.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Cold-based damage Spells are kinda shit.
None of them are inherently party-friendly, so Selective Spell is almost a must if you want to make the most of them, and the AoE ones only go up to 15d6.
Meta-Snowballs are very party friendly and bypass SR. Ice Storm lays down Difficult Terrain and can be used to turn on Enforced Vigor if you want to go that way. Cold Ice Strike is Swift. Polar Ray also party-friendly and can do plenty of damage.

This is P:K:

View attachment 31836

AoE nuking is more for soloing, but if you're playing TB you should be able to position them fine without Selective. There are certainly more Fire Damage items than Cold, but both Cold (with Waves) and Divine Nukes can give you damage + control which is more useful with a party. White Dragon Armor + Elemental Imbuement Robe gives +2 dam per die Cold.

Yeah, you can make it work, sure, but Fire and Electricity are just objectively better when it comes to nuking.

Controlled Fireball, Fire Snake, Fire Storm. Nothing Cold-based offers such flexibility without Metamagic. Stormbolts is fucking amazing, nothing Cold-based comes remotely close to either the damage or potential CC.

But, I do agree AoE nuking in general is a very sub-optimal option in Wrath and CC is the undisputed King. However, it is fun to build Daeran so that he can heal 180+ HP to your Party in one Round, then drop 200-300 damage to every hostile cunt on the screen in the next one.

Desiderius

Patron
You get Stormbolts from the Bracers, then make them Unholy with Devouring Lust. Can do that on top of Waves.

Dae16UnholyLightning.jpg

It's like you just completely ignored everything I just pointed out.

ColdIceStrike.jpg

Ancestors Mystery also has some good stuff:

Daeran11 Second Mystery Ancestors.jpg

Note the range. Spell selection is good.

Strength-based melee kind of funny late:

Daeran19 Core vs Sava.jpg

Obv on higher difficulties you'd add in Hearth or Skald or Reg Aura/Domain or Mark or whatever. Ancestors has a super Transformation to support it.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
You get Stormbolts from the Bracers, then make them Unholy with Devouring Lust. Can do that on top of Waves. It's like you just completely ignored everything I just pointed out.

Holy fucking shit, dude.

Yes, you can, but there are better ways to go about it, is my point.

You can get some pretty sweet numbers with Polar Ray, but Hellfire Ray will do more 9 times out of 10. Yes, you can hit 2/10 enemies on the screen with Cold Ice Strike for base 15d6, and do a lot of damage with Metamagic to them, but you can also use that Standard Action to hit 10/10 enemies with Fire Storm for base 18d6 + Metamagic.

Both. Can. Be. Good. If. Used. Correctly. But. One. Is. Clearly. Better. Than. The. Other. Do. You. Get. It. Now? For. Fuck. Sake.

Desiderius

Patron
Cold Ice Strike for base 15d6, and do a lot of damage with Metamagic to them, but you can also use that Standard Action
:nocountryforshitposters:

Pretty sure "objectively/clearly better" means "I'm too lazy to fucking read."

If we're talking Daeran Nukes this:

Freezing Spells.jpg

Is the unique thing he can do, and he gets enough spells (in addition to things like Icy Prison which is just awesome with Evo) with Waves to take advantage of it. Barely. Put on the Fire Ring if you want to work in some Fire too, or just take Hellfire at level up. Frigid Touch is auto-Stagger BTW, Ice Body is stat-drain immunity, and Capstone auto-Empowers spells.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Hoo, sorry, how embarrasing. That Spell is a Swift Action. That makes a world of difference. Instead of hitting the entire screen at once with a party-friendly AoE Spell, I'll hit 1-2 targets twice in a Round, because the Spell is line-shaped. But hey, that's exactly what AoE Spells are meant for: hitting 1-2 targets at once. Being able to blast everything hostile on the screen at once just defeats the purpose of a fucking AoE Spell, right? :lol:

And it's worth it, because that's literally the only way to cast a Spell as a Swift Action...... OH NO WAIT, there's actually half a dozen more ways, from Metamagic Feats to Rods, Mythic Abilities etc. and you only get a maximum of one Swift Action per Round regardless.

Hmm... I just can't figure it. What's more optimal? Hitting everything on the screen twice with no risk to my Party for greater damage, or having to aim and hitting far fewer targets at once for even lower damage twice? I just can't crunch the numbers, can you help?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
From the latest patch (2.0.6k):
Turn-based mode

• Charge didn't work right in turn-based mode when the mount had an active status effect which affected it – fixed.
Isn't it what local cavaliers were complaining about?

I've sadly hit a possible bug (never got stuck in Kingmaker in 2019ish).

Chapter 3, Camellia questline.
Discovered her doing her ritual murder, approved and banged her (starting out as chaotic neutral, it seems I'm yet not evil-alligned enough to be granted my wish for Lichness)

Directly after that, both the "rest" icon above the bed in Drezen as well as the exit icon at the main gate has disappeared. I also cannot rest when pushing "R" -- the game says I couldn't rest now. Through my
Lich tower
I can exit Drezen. But upon returning there, the exit at the main gate is still gone. And I cannot rest there anymore.

I checked with Camellia to see if there's something unresolved yet, but nope, the quest was resolved.Googling it seems there were problems with this quest before. So I'm hoping somebody has experienced similar and found a solution. Otherwise I'm going back to an older save...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've sadly hit a possible bug (never got stuck in Kingmaker in 2019ish).

Chapter 3, Camellia questline.
Discovered her doing her ritual murder, approved and banged her (starting out as chaotic neutral, it seems I'm yet not evil-alligned enough to be granted my wish for Lichness)

Directly after that, both the "rest" icon above the bed in Drezen as well as the exit icon at the main gate has disappeared. I also cannot rest when pushing "R" -- the game says I couldn't rest now. Through my
Lich tower
I can exit Drezen. But upon returning there, the exit at the main gate is still gone. And I cannot rest there anymore.

I checked with Camellia to see if there's something unresolved yet, but nope, the quest was resolved.Googling it seems there were problems with this quest before. So I'm hoping somebody has experienced similar and found a solution. Otherwise I'm going back to an older save...

Kek

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Datamined items look great but you can only get them in chapter V (99% sure).

I wish we had more content instead of those things, especially for chapter V :[

Desiderius

Patron
Ok, Grunker, made it to Blackwater. Here's what I was talking about with being able to take a hit on Unfair:

Reg 15 Kav Marauder Unfair damage.jpg

Reg went over there to throw some drunk Summons at the Succubi, and a Greater Kalavakus ran up and whacked him. Not the end of the world.

Reg 15 vs Greater Maruader Unfair.jpg

Hits him back, and gets his Fighting Defensively up. Power Attack probably not wise here since had to hit him at full AC to turn on Shatter in TTT.

Seelah 15 77 AC vs Greater Marauder.jpg

Reran the fight to see what Seelah's AC is up to. For some reason I have trouble getting Crane Wing to trigger (she's Pal13/TSS1/TradMonk1 now) or she'd be over 80. Still a little way to go for Playful D. Thought I turned off TTT fix.

Desiderius

Patron
Lann ZA1/Drovier now up to Aspect of Wolf Aura:

Lann 15 Drovier Wolf Aura 59 CMB on Smilo Unfair.jpg

Gives team a Swift Trip, which isn't *that* great since this team is already so Swift heavy with Seelah Smites, Reg Domain Zealot with 3 Domains, and Sos Domain Zealot. Probably will just go back to Stag.

Sos 15 30 DC Archon's.jpg

Sos now up to 30 DC on Archon's (Seelah at 27) so triggers reasonably often on Unfair with two shots and other random debuffs helping.

Sos 15 finishing off Augmented Unfair Nenio 35 DC.jpg

Here's Sos finishing off two dudes with Adamantine Glaive and Nenio's 35 DC Web which is ok but not great so far on Unfair. Used Darven's Hat to cast it Swift after opening with Putrefaction.

Nenio 15 Shadow Chain 38 DC.jpg

Fight was pretty well in hand here so fired off Shadow Evo Chain Lightning (38 DC getting there) to turn off regen. Usually bring Greybor's Axe and use Blitz Cut for that but Seelah has a Deity/Longsword specific Feat from some mod.

Guardian Axe and Shield from DLC would probably be pretty good on Greybor, and its Adamantine too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom