Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Just stack the shit out of INT and abuse Lethal Focus. You don't even need to use that bardiche really. SS 13/MW 7 will absolutely destroy.

There's also a Sohei/2HF build you can use which is simple but destroys.

Forget about charging.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sooooooo… Any suggestions for a build for my MC?

Kind of limited buildspace obviously; it needs to work with my current gear and synergize with Demon. And work on Unfair, obviously…

I wouldn’t mind toyboxing in a required weapon that I’ve went past already, tho.
You're in Act 3 right? Do you have the Death's Consonant bardiche? You could make a pretty good build out of that IMO

About one-third into Act 4.

I'm considering some basic bitch Warpriest Vital Strike build, since it kindda does something with Demonic Charge, and it seems kind of difficult to find Demon synergies that aren't nat-weapons (or, well, spellcasting).
Yeah, Vital Strike seems like the obvious choice for martial demon.
With Cleaving Finish, of course. Greater if you can afford.

That or charging with Powerful Charge, pounce, Mythic Charge and Boots of Stampede.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Kind of limited buildspace obviously; it needs to work with my current gear and synergize with Demon. And work on Unfair, obviously…

I wouldn’t mind toyboxing in a required weapon that I’ve went past already, tho.
You're in Act 3 right? Do you have the Death's Consonant bardiche? You could make a pretty good build out of that IMO

I'm considering some basic bitch Warpriest Vital Strike build, since it kindda does something with Demonic Charge, and it seems kind of difficult to find Demon synergies that aren't nat-weapons (or, well, spellcasting).

That or charging with Powerful Charge, pounce, Mythic Charge or boots of Stampede.
Unique feature of Demon is Move Action Leap. So you’re looking for good Standard/Swift Actions and Auras to pair with that.

Whether that’s single target or AoE depends what rest of team is doing. Usually companions can handle non-bosses if you want.

I like Dragonheir Scion for Standard Dazzling paired with Signature Skill mod or Thug splash to add Fear skill check (no save). Build around big AoOs on fleeing mobs. Arcane Strike adds a damage packet in Vanilla.

Can pick up Vital Strikes for Alphas on bosses.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

That or charging with Powerful Charge, pounce, Mythic Charge or boots of Stampede.

What are the basics for Vital Strike in your opinion? Warpriest was my initial take on this character anyway, so I may as well give it a shot.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Move action Leap could also be good with Cone placement.

Armored Battlemage to set up Meta (Arcana gives extra layer) Spellstrikes with Relic 18-20 Greataxe and Improved Crit?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hilor will only respec me to level 1, no? Leaving me with a fairly useless base to work with

EDIT: Not to mention that I'm in Act 4.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Grunky reddit account identified. :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/zuy37y/i_was_having_fun_guys/

f6y2yh9tp18a1.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
Hilor will only respec me to level 1, no? Leaving me with a fairly useless base to work with

EDIT: Not to mention that I'm in Act 4.
What are you talking about? Hilor can respec MC full up. Does anyone here play this game?

You’re stuck with Mythic choices, but nothing else.

Captain in Fleshmarkets does respec in Act 4 IIRC.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Delterius

Arcane
I saw the elemental barrage fix coming from a mile away but natural attack stacking never came across as particularly broken to me. Natural attacks aren't even that good.

Desiderius

Patron
I saw the elemental barrage fix coming from a mile away but natural attack stacking never came across as particularly broken to me. Natural attacks aren't even that good.
Yet.

They're bugged in various ways, which you could (sort of) make up for by stacking bites.

Probably fogured they needed to get # of attacks back under control before fixing bugs. Especially since people have already been fixating on the # of attacks and so using them more often than would otherwise be warranted ("not that good" as you note).

Desiderius

Patron

I'll give it a shot, thanks
If you want to keep your achievements you’ll need a mod. No retrain on Unfair.

Fuck me.

I've decided to wait a few days and play some Chaos Gate in the meantime. Maybe Owlcat will say something that'll indicate whether it's a bug or intended (lotta people talking about it on socials now)
You can get that mod from Mod Finder (turns on achievements for modded games).

If you were using respec mod you weren't getting achievements without that mod anyway. Only have to change difficulty momentarily for in game respec then can change back.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I'll give it a shot, thanks
If you want to keep your achievements you’ll need a mod. No retrain on Unfair.

Fuck me.

I've decided to wait a few days and play some Chaos Gate in the meantime. Maybe Owlcat will say something that'll indicate whether it's a bug or intended (lotta people talking about it on socials now)
You can get that mod from Mod Finder (turns on achievements for modded games).

If you were using respec mod your weren't getting achievements without that mod anyway. Only have to change difficulty momentarily for in game respec then can change back.

I have a mod that allows cheevos with mods, doesn’t state in the description that it overwrites difficulty tho

Yosharian

Arcane
This is one of those situations where having the GOG version is a huge benefit. No forced updates ftw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom