Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Baphomet the UncagedThis book increases sneak attack by 1d6.Ineluctable Prison

Does this grant Sneak Attack to a character that doesn't have any??

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sooooooo… Any suggestions for a build for my MC?

Kind of limited buildspace obviously; it needs to work with my current gear and synergize with Demon. And work on Unfair, obviously…

I wouldn’t mind toyboxing in a required weapon that I’ve went past already, tho.
You're in Act 3 right? Do you have the Death's Consonant bardiche? You could make a pretty good build out of that IMO

About one-third into Act 4.

I'm considering some basic bitch Warpriest Vital Strike build, since it kindda does something with Demonic Charge, and it seems kind of difficult to find Demon synergies that aren't nat-weapons (or, well, spellcasting).
Yeah, Vital Strike seems like the obvious choice for martial demon.
With Cleaving Finish, of course. Greater if you can afford.

That or charging with Powerful Charge, pounce, Mythic Charge or boots of Stampede.

What are the basics for Vital Strike in your opinion? Warpriest was my initial take on this character anyway, so I may as well give it a shot.

Yeah, Warpriest is one of the most interesting options with his Sacred Weapon and some blessings (Destruction?) plus fighter feat access. Particularly Cult Leader with Rowdy dip and eventually HiPS.

Other then that... well, Sword Saint, fighter.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Channel Energy is a Standard Action. Could try Purifier with Cloak from Areelu's Lab w/Mythic Channeling.

Yosharian

Arcane
Has anyone experimented with Incense Synthesizer recently and knows if its working properly yet?

Also: has anyone used Dirge Bard and knows if his Dazzling Display can affect Undead?

Also also: Guarded Hearth stacks with Inspire Courage right?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, Dirge can Intimidate Undead. Confirmed in DLC. Can also Confuse etc.

Hearth and Courage are both Competence so would need to test.

Reg Aura Morale stacks with other Morale. Standard Bearer Banner Morale was also stacking.

Desiderius

Patron
It'll be funny if they release the shifter class and it sucks.
Fwiw they seem to have changed their enhancement bonuses to inherent. So there's that.
Wouldn’t be surprised if +3 Bracers from Drezen Vendor stack too. Elemental Rampager could end up interesting.

One of the Mod Finder mods (Codex?) lets you restore Barrage if you want.

Yosharian

Arcane
Grunker I dunno what Mythic rank you are yet, but do you have Toy Box installed? If so, could you get in a fight real quick with your Mythic rank increased to 9 and test out Aspect of Nocticula?

I want to know exactly what bonuses it gives to an ally because I tested it on an animal companion and it didn't give them ability score bonuses (like +STR for Vavakia) and I was wondering if that's because it bases the bonus off the target's mythic rank

Also I was seeing a Demonic Rage bonus of +1 which was weird since he had an Incubus bonus of +10

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker I dunno what Mythic rank you are yet, but do you have Toy Box installed? If so, could you get in a fight real quick with your Mythic rank increased to 9 and test out Aspect of Nocticula?

I want to know exactly what bonuses it gives to an ally because I tested it on an animal companion and it didn't give them ability score bonuses (like +STR for Vavakia) and I was wondering if that's because it bases the bonus off the target's mythic rank

Also I was seeing a Demonic Rage bonus of +1 which was weird since he had an Incubus bonus of +10

Hmm, I won't be near a PC for the next couple of hours, maybe more, but I have my saves on iCloud so I could send you one?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3696289

We’ve shipped the first batch!​

Hello, crusaders and Merry Christmas!

Finally, we have some good news regarding the shipping of your Collector’s Editions. A week ago, our contractor at Kazakhstan managed to ship the first batch of the rewards. And judging by the tracking numbers, some of you already got their Collector’s Editions or will be getting them this week! If you received your shipment, we will appreciate any feedback you can give us, so if you are on social media, don’t hesitate to post some pictures and tag our official accounts! If you have any issues with the parcel you’ve got, please email us at team@owlcat.games. If you haven’t received anything yet, it means you should when we ship the next batch.

From our point of view, though, shipping from Kazakhstan took way longer than we initially anticipated, and there were many organizational issues we are not happy about, because they’d slowed down the process too much. Thankfully, we’ve been working on organizing another route, and right now we are strongly considering using it instead. When the winter holidays are over, we plan to rent a warehouse in Armenia, not far from our own office, and move the rest of the rewards there. We plan to change the contractor as well, or even hire a number of workers to help at the warehouse. Shipping from that location will allow us to have better control and oversight over the whole process of packing and shipping, and we are hoping it will go much faster than in Kazakhstan.

Now, it may seem like you should expect another delay. But we believe that changing the location and the contractor will be faster than to ship another batch from Kazakhstan. Don’t worry, we don’t plan to stop trying until we ship all of your rewards! And we are hoping that in our next update in January, we will finally be able to tell you that we’ve found the perfect shipping route that works!

And of course, all the Owlcats in our studio and Next-Door Theater are wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May the next year be wonderful and full of exciting adventures and lucky dice rolls!

dd19391c922f955394e2088c31d43fb9_original.jpg

Love, Owlcats

Yosharian

Arcane

Hmm, I won't be near a PC for the next couple of hours, maybe more, but I have my saves on iCloud so I could send you one?
It's ok don't worry, just when you have an opportunity. I'm not going to be building this guy for a long time yet, so there's no rush. I was just theorycrafting a bit

Desiderius

Patron
Is there a way to get to open the door to the Gallu Warmonger in the Fane from the other direction? The door from the Abyss seems like you're stuck triggering the Stormbolts trap.

Nenio 15 Gallu into Pit Unfair.jpg

Nenio managed to knock the Gallu into a Hungry Pit (using Shadow Conj, Greater and Shadow Evo, Greater), and somehow Seelah moved up there without triggering the trap, but I tried to sneak up with my Slayer on a reload to disarm and wasn't able to avoid it?

Desiderius

Patron
Fighting High Priest on Unfair:

Unlucky Seelah.jpg

Seelah opens with a Charge. Welp.

Unfair High Prist attacking Seelah tank 15.jpg

High Priest decides to melee it up. Trying to trigger the proc on the Glaive? Seelah didn't expect that so had Smite (and the extra Sacred AC) on the Mino. Worked out.

AeonVanguard 15 taking out first Unfair Mino.jpg

AeonVan 15 second mino.jpg

Beginning to see the appeal of Voltronning MC. I guess with martial MC it makes sense. Here she takes out one Mino with Full Attack, then the second from Mount attack + Opportunist.

Seelah15 High Priest Unfair dead.jpg

Seelah cleans up High Priest.

Tutorial message.jpg

Useful tutorial message pops up when you loot the +5 (temporarily - Priest has MWG) Glaive.

At least they made House At The Edge Of Paste&Copy Slog Mobs optional with Blackwater this time.

(Still for the life of me can't figure out that they consider this decent encounter design -- it's not merely the enemy stat blocks -- it's that it's the same thing repeating over and over and over again. And I thought they had learned something when I entered the place and was actually greeted with environmental hazards in the form of tesla coils plus actually guard patrols for a change!)

PapaPetro

How is the Midnight Isles roguelike portion? Is it a vast improvement over Kingmaker Beneath the Stolen Lands?
I'm a roguelike nigg@ so this shit is meaningful to me.

How is the Midnight Isles roguelike portion? Is it a vast improvement over Kingmaker Beneath the Stolen Lands?
It's much better, but if you disliked needing to replay several times and grind tons of easy maps to get to the high level parts then unfortunately it's just as bad in that regard. Maybe worse in fact.

Delterius

Arcane
You gotta break down the house butthurt. It's not any one thing.

House is repetitive in a scale that can only compare to the roguelike dlcs. Only wild hunts, the mini bosses and the swarms can actually be a threat to you and your resources.

Then there's the unfortunate souls who somehow got key party members dead by nyrissa due to quest choices. Jubi dying is the real shit given the aforementioned swarms and also how his death comes outta the blue.

There's also dumb ppl who, like, got lost due to the lantern puzzle somehow? Bless their heart.

PapaPetro

It's much better, but if you disliked needing to replay several times and grind tons of easy maps to get to the high level parts then unfortunately it's just as bad in that regard. Maybe worse in fact.
So it's grind-gated. Terrible mechanic.
I'll still probably give it a whirl with a fresh party (and increasingly use Cheat Engine & Bag of Tricks as I bore).

Desiderius

Patron
Haplo or Daidre do you know if there's a combo of door controls that unlocks the eastern hallway off of the main area in Fane early?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom