Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Anyone know the duration of Profane Hymn?

EDIT: Does this spell actually do anything at all?
Um yes? What makes you think it doesn't?

1. It doesn’t have a duration listed. No details can be found online. How long does it last?

2. I ran into the middle of a pack of mobs and cast it. None of them got debuffed.
Hmm that's weird. I was testing my demon eldritch archer versus some enemies and i distinctly remember seeing the debuff icon, but i never actually checked to see if it was debuffing their stats

I'm not seeing any icon.

Grunker I dunno what Mythic rank you are yet, but do you have Toy Box installed? If so, could you get in a fight real quick with your Mythic rank increased to 9 and test out Aspect of Nocticula?

I want to know exactly what bonuses it gives to an ally because I tested it on an animal companion and it didn't give them ability score bonuses (like +STR for Vavakia) and I was wondering if that's because it bases the bonus off the target's mythic rank

Also I was seeing a Demonic Rage bonus of +1 which was weird since he had an Incubus bonus of +10

OK I did some limited testing for you and it seems to work exactly as it should - i.e. every effect that says "during a demonic rage" gets shared while stuff the passive stat bonuses don't get shared. For example, sharing Aspect of Coloxus allowed Camelia to cast spells as a Move Action.

You shouldn't get the stat bonuses from the aspect as far as I read the ability - it says "the benefits of your demonic rage." The stat bonuses aren't tied to demonic rage.

Her Demonic Rage bonus was correct (+4, like me), but I think what you saw might just be because the rage bonus itself is calculated off of the rager's mythic rank as you say.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
OK wtf lol. I am seeing a Profane Hymn icon on the initiative bar now, but not on monster sheets. So I can't determine Duration.

Yosharian

Arcane
OK I did some limited testing for you and it seems to work exactly as it should - i.e. every effect that says "during a demonic rage" gets shared while stuff the passive stat bonuses don't get shared. For example, sharing Aspect of Coloxus allowed Camelia to cast spells as a Move Action.

You shouldn't get the stat bonuses from the aspect as far as I read the ability - it says "the benefits of your demonic rage." The stat bonuses aren't tied to demonic rage.

Her Demonic Rage bonus was correct (+4, like me), but I think what you saw might just be because the rage bonus itself is calculated off of the rager's mythic rank as you say.

Aww darnit. I was hoping that they would get the bonus to ability scores.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Aww darnit. I was hoping that they would get the bonus to ability scores.

If you get the chance I'd be curious if you could tell me what happens when you cast Profane Hymn.

I ended up going with a DC caster for my MC since I figured if I couldn't do nats, the other fun part of the demon mythic was casting spells as a move action. Currently my DCs are balanced rather than OP however, and I especially have trouble landing Ice Prison because even with Spell Focus I don't hit Evocation as hard *and* I don't hit Ref near as hard as Will and For, so Profane Hymn might come in handy sometimes, but I'm unsure if it even works.

Also, Bubble Buffs is skipping Mind Blank and GMW for some reason. By the way: whoever told me I would be fine without wizard buffs like Greater Invis because "most enemies have true seeing or equivalent" was smoking some heavy duty dope. All these buffs are amazing lol.

Yosharian

Arcane
Grunker Quick test, seems to be working:

profanehymn.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
This is what I've been working on for the past few days:

Classes: Eldritch Archer 16/Fighter 1/Demonslayer 1/Zen Archer 1/Instinctual Warrior 1
Role: Ranged Damage (STR/DEX/INT/WIS)
Race: Elf
Alignment: Lawful Evil -> Chaotic Evil
Background: Pickpocket (Street Urchin)
Deity: Urgathoa
Ability Score Distribution: (25 points)
  • STR: 14
  • DEX: 19 (+2) [+5 => 24]
  • CON: 10 (-2)
  • INT: 16 (+2)
  • WIS: 12
  • CHA: 08
Skills: 3/level
  • Perception (20): skill checks
  • Mobility (20): skill checks
  • Trickery (20): skill checks
  • Kn. World (20):
  • Kn. Arcana (20):
Feats (*: bonus feat):
L01 Zen Archer 1: Weapon Focus (Longbow), Precise Shot*, Perfect Strike
L02 Eldritch Archer 1: -
L03 Eldritch Archer 2: Spell Penetration
L04 Eldritch Archer 3: Arcana (Arcane Accuracy)
L05 Eldritch Archer 4: Greater Spell Penetration
L06 Eldritch Archer 5: Dazzling Display*
L07 Eldritch Archer 6: Metamagic (Bolster), Arcana (Prescient Attack)
L08 Eldritch Archer 7: -
L09 Eldritch Archer 8: Shatter Defenses
L10 Eldritch Archer 9: Arcana (Ghost Blade)
L11 Eldritch Archer 10: Metamagic (Empower)
L12 Eldritch Archer 11: Weapon Specialization (Longbow)*
L13 Eldritch Archer 12: Improved Critical (Longbow), Arcana (Enduring Blade)
L14 Eldritch Archer 13: -
L15 Eldritch Archer 14: Point-Blank Master
L16 Eldritch Archer 15: Arcana (Dimension Strike/Maximised Spell?)
L17 Eldritch Archer 16: Improved Initiative
L18 Fighter 1: Arcane Strike*
L19 Demonslayer 1: Greater Weapon Focus, Favored Enemy (Evil Outsiders)
L20 Instinctual Warrior 1: Focused Rage, Fervent Reflexes

M01: Abundant Casting
M02: Sorcerous Reflex
M03: [Demon Path] Ascendant Element (Fire)
M04: Mythic Weapon Specialization, Aspect of Vrock
M05: Improved Abundant Casting, Aspect of Brimorak, Aspect of Coloxus & Vavakia
M06: Spell Penetration (Mythic), Aspect of Succubus
M07: Last Stand, Aspect of Nabasu, Aspect of Omox
M08: Improved Initiative (Mythic), Aspect of Incubus
M09: Abundant Arcane Pool, Aspect of Pazuzu
M10: Improved Critical (Mythic), Aspect of Nocticula

Endgame Ability Scores (buffed, with items):
  • STR: 48 (15 base, +8 Enh, +2 Elixir, +10 FA, +7 Aspect, +4 Profane, +4 Food, -2 RP)
  • DEX: 52 (24 base, +10 Enhancement, +2 Elixir, +4 Food, +6 Profane, +6 Reduce Person)
  • CON: 32 (10 base, +8 Enhancement, +2 Elixir, +8 FA, +4 Food)
  • INT: 37 (16 base, +8 Enhancement, +2 Elixir, +4 Food, +7 Aspect
  • WIS: 28 (12 base, +8 Enhancement, +2 Elixir, +2 Rage, +4 Food)
  • CHA: 13 (7 base, +2 Elixir, +4 Food)

Ranged Attack Bonus Breakdown:
  • +16: Base Attack Bonus
  • +21: Dexterity bonus
  • +2: Inherent (Demongraft Battlebliss)
  • +5: Enhancement (Weapon enhancement)
  • +4: Polymorph Enhancement (Shroud of the Eternal Hunter)
  • +8: Morale (Greater Heroism, doubled by ring)
  • +3: Luck (Favor of the Gods, lategame Crusade bonus)
  • +1: Untyped (Haste spell)
  • +4: Competence (Inspire Courage)
  • +2: Untyped (Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus)
    • Non-Conditional Melee Attack Bonus: 66
  • Conditional:
  • +2: Untyped (Favored Enemy - Evil Outsiders)
  • +5: Untyped (Aspect of Vrock, only in Demonic Rage)
  • +2: Concealment (Greater Invisibility)
  • +2: Insight (Amulet of Quick Draw, only vs Large+ enemies)
  • Activated:
  • +5: Demonic Rage
  • +2: Focused Rage (activates automatically with Demonic Rage)
  • +2: Bane Enhancement (Lifebane)
  • +20: Competence (Guarded Hearth, stacks with Inspire Courage - CONFIRM THIS?)
    • Total Maximum Melee Attack Bonus: 102
Ranged Damage Bonus Breakdown:
  • +19: STR bonus
  • +4: Morale bonus (Good Hope, doubled by ring?)
  • +5: Enhancement (Weapon enhancement)
  • +4: Polymorph Enhancement (Shroud of the Eternal Hunger)
  • +2: Bane Enhancement (Living Bane)
  • +2: Untyped (Ring of Summoning)
  • +2: Untyped (Weapon Specialization)
  • +5: Untyped (Mythic Weapon Specialization)
  • +2: Inherent (Demongraft)
  • +2: Untyped (Favored Enemy - Evil Outsiders)
  • +10: Untyped (Incubus Aspect)
  • +5: Untyped (Demonic Rage)
  • +4: Competence (Inspire Courage)
  • +2: Rage (Focused Rage)
  • +6: Untyped (Arcane Strike)
    • Total Maximum Melee Damage Bonus: 72

Support:
- Dirge Bard: Inspire Courage (+4), can apply Shaken to Undead?, bonus to Intimidate
- Judge: shared Judgements? (+6/+4), and Guarded Hearth (+20 AB?)
- Demonslayer: shared FE bonuses (+5)
- Summoner?
- BFT Enchantment build (same as Ember)
- Freebooter? Does Bane scale with class or character level?
- Shaman/Cleric?

Equipment: Deadye, Hide Armor of Elemental Carnage, Shroud of the Eternal Hunger, Flawless Belt of Physical Perfection, Sure Footing, Treacherous Flame, Hat of the Bitter End, Amulet of Quick Draw, Goggles of Malocchio, Ring of Triumphant Advance/Ring of Evasion, Ring of Pyromania, The Bound of Possibility, Lucky Bracers

This is a WIP so of course I am still theorising things

In some initial testing at max level, 5k per round seems possible, but I'm not sure how reliable this damage is. The total AB is quite low compared to my Aeon build, but the damage and in particular the alpha strike damage seems much higher. Of course it's squishy as fuck and I'm not sure if it's doable to make an MC build that isn't tanky.

Yosharian

Arcane
Thanks! Do you get an icon on their sheet as well? And can you determine the duration from it? I don’t get one
No, no icon on their sheet, but its definitely affecting them.

In terms of duration, it seems that it lasts the whole fight. Or maybe its even permanent??

Yosharian

Arcane
Woops never mind, it went away. Ok my guess is that it's round per mythic rank. so 10 rounds at max level.

Edit: no, never mind. It lasted 20 rounds. It must be 2 rounds per mythic rank.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've noticed the mythic spells have incredibly short duration so that would make sense. Thanks Yo

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man casting three Persistent Heightened Phantasmal Killers per turn for 3x instakill is certainly one-dimensional but it does have its own kind of powerfun lol. Just nuked Ar-Miketh and two elites shadow demons as my opener. It's even more satisfying that PK requires two saves to fail per cast

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
By the way: whoever told me I would be fine without wizard buffs like Greater Invis because "most enemies have true seeing or equivalent" was smoking some heavy duty dope. All these buffs are amazing lol.
Yeah. Just got Greater Invisibility to work 24hrs.
Its great - and together with Mind Blank, makes Shatter Defenses somewhat obsolete. Particularly given the pretty common immunity to Fear and/or Mind effects.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
why ppl hate on act 4

act4 grate

Eh, when playing angel MP, I was getting burned out a bit on combat density. End of Act 3 was pretty intense already... and Act 4 had a fight behind every corner as well.
Likely partially due to Berengar's quest and Echo hunt. Plus Mustafasen hunt. Seriously, felt like dungeon diving rather then exploring a city.

Now with Aeon, the experience is very different and far more chill. I am familiar with the layout for one, but also there seem to be far fewer street brawls. More spaced out / time/progress dependant too. So I'm finding it pretty cool.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Also, Bubble Buffs is skipping Mind Blank and GMW for some reason. By the way: whoever told me I would be fine without wizard buffs like Greater Invis because "most enemies have true seeing or equivalent" was smoking some heavy duty dope. All these buffs are amazing lol.

It skips other spells too, like bless weapon.
But GMW used to work fine, you sure it's not skipping it because you have it already casted?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

But GMW used to work fine, you sure it's not skipping it because you have it already casted?

Yeah, but now it works again so :shrug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Yeah, but now it works again so :shrug:

oh lol, you were right. The duration is so long it was already applied

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Trying to avoid spoilers for the most part but I have a sneaking suspicion something is up. I passed all the skill checks on lexicon part 2, but unlike the first part, I haven't gotten an ability from it. Should I?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

It gets confused becayse it’s programmed to avoid duplicating effects. If you have relic up it sees Bless Weapon as duplicating the Good alignment for instance.

If you want those spells (MWG no longer stacks) you’ll need to cast them manually.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There's an item I picked up recently (Bracer?) that lets Mount cast Greater Heroism on itself which is +4 Morale to Saves. Owl's Wis, Mass is a good investment, so Cloak (Cleansing is decent on Mount I think) should get you almost there.

I don't have Indomitable because Lann isn't Mounted but if you're Mounted Indomitable is probably best Mounted ability there is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom