Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Grunker
lmaoforcebombz.jpg

So first of all they get easily distracted by skellies once their favourite target, poor Ember, gets sent to Heaven. Secondly even when they either target one of my dudes or hit them with AOE, Evasion kicks in and cuts that shit out.

But honestly, even when they are actually damaging my guys (Woljif got targeted a bit and he doesn't have Evasion) the damage was pretty weak. I have up to 160 HP a round healing so it's really not going to do shit.

Here's evidence of this in action - halfway through the fight Woljif was in pretty bad shape, but Arue doesn't give a shit and just casually heals him and Daeran for 120+ HP

lifespiritlol.jpg

I never even saw Dispelling Bombs tbh

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hmm, my guys were all displaced up. Guess it's the healing diff then

For me they switched between dispelling bombs and force bombs

Yosharian

Arcane
A retarded Reddit user once told me:
> I don't know what this Arue build is intended to accomplish.
People sleep on mid-fight healing generally IMO.

Did you have Mind Blank on all your dudes? Because without that, they probably penetrate Displacement with True Seeing.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A retarded Reddit user once told me:
> I don't know what this Arue build is intended to accomplish.
People sleep on mid-fight healing generally IMO.

Did you have Mind Blank on all your dudes? Because without that, they probably penetrate Displacement with True Seeing.

Yep, Mind Blank was up.

Yosharian

Arcane
This is what the bombs did to Ember, poor thing. She basically gets gang-raped every fight where the enemy has ranged options now tbh.

poorember.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also would someone chime in on this? Still kind of worried something got messed up

Trying to avoid spoilers for the most part but I have a sneaking suspicion something is up. I passed all the skill checks on lexicon part 2, but unlike the first part, I haven't gotten an ability from it. Should I?

Yosharian

Arcane
When I designed the team, having Evasion on as many characters as possible was a big part of it. The ones that don't have Evasion, I give them permanent or temporary fire immunity at least, and cold immunity. But you can't beat Evasion really, it's insanely OP. Blink is kind of helpful though.

Yosharian

Arcane
Also would someone chime in on this? Still kind of worried something got messed up

Trying to avoid spoilers for the most part but I have a sneaking suspicion something is up. I passed all the skill checks on lexicon part 2, but unlike the first part, I haven't gotten an ability from it. Should I?
How the fuck are you already doing Lexicon stuff? I gave it to Galfrey, maybe I wasn't supposed to do that

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

How the fuck are you already doing Lexicon stuff? I gave it to Galfrey, maybe I wasn't supposed to do that

Who's the simp now, bitch? :smug:

I found the second part in Nocti's palace in Act 4, the two parts joined together, bunch of shit hard skill checks (which I could ironically only do due to my forced respec btw, thanks Obama Owlcat). Text in game said I had unlocked new lexicon power, but unlike with first book, I got no ability added to my sheet.

Hence why I think something got messed up.

EDIT, for reference:

Dxc00o9.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
Wait did I seriously mess up by giving her the Lexicon? I just assumed she would give it back to me when I needed it later.

Here's a nice juicy crit from Reg:

nicecritreg.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wait, they didn’t document Lunge in the patch notes either? Lol.

Honestly seems like a great filler for any non-mounted meleer.

Wait did I seriously mess up by giving her the Lexicon? I just assumed she would give it back to me when I needed it later.

I mean I honestly have no clue, but I've had multiple choices to do A) or B) with the game's MacGuffins and in all but one case I've gotten the feeling that it wouldn't be final (that case being showing the knife to Shamira - that shit stank like an unwashed vagina)

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
People say this game is pozzed but somehow I don't see mommy Nocti

fwjr47b.png

ending up in a modern Blizzard game any time soon :M
It's somewhat pozzed but mostly just horny imo, and even then mostly just on the character writing level.

So I've got this game and all of it's updates and DLCs running flawlessly on Linux. I am ready to do my first play through.

I'm definitely doing an Arcane Trickster with Trickster mythic path, but my build is already a bit different than expected. Instead of elf, I went with Human for the Oblate/Acolyte trait so that I could use WIS for persuasion. I'm tempted to try a White Mage Arcanist instead of a normal wizard so that I can use the spontaneous cure spells with Sneaky Quack against undead. I'm particularly interested to see if the Mass Cure Wounds spells works with Sneaky Quack and Surprise spells. The wizard spell list in Owlcat games isn't great for dealing with undead. There are probably better L5 spells to use against them anyway, but this would also do double duty to heal my party. It will eventually be a poor man's (2/3) a mass heal spell for a L5 slot instead of 9. The spontaneous Breath of Life also seems nice.

It's all probably moot though. I plan on getting UMD III, so wands will provide infinite healing and undead offense--particularly once I get a Wand of Heal.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

nicecritreg.jpg
Giving Lexicon to Galfrey depends on MC Mythic Path.

Significant benefits for Aeon giving it to her.

Desiderius

Patron
People say this game is pozzed but somehow I don't see mommy Nocti

fwjr47b.png

ending up in a modern Blizzard game any time soon :M
It's somewhat pozzed but mostly just horny imo, and even then mostly just on the character writing level.
That's (part of) what Pozzed is (glibertarianism wrought absurdly large), as opposed to Woke which is a rebellion against the unintended (but inevitable) results of the Poz.

Poz is nonjudgmentalism cum nihilism, Critical (check the etymology of Critical) Theory an attempted restoration. Both are cut off from their own people, history, culture, and traditions so retarded beyond belief.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

nicecritreg.jpg

Really? Do tell?
Though I guess its too late now, nearing the end of Act 4...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Who's the simp now, bitch? :smug:

I found the second part in Nocti's palace in Act 4, the two parts joined together, bunch of shit hard skill checks (which I could ironically only do due to my forced respec btw, thanks Obama Owlcat). Text in game said I had unlocked new lexicon power, but unlike with first book, I got no ability added to my sheet.

Hence why I think something got messed up.

EDIT, for reference:

Dxc00o9.jpg

Hmm, no idea. I don't think I got anything substantial from reading it? And I don't think I could do much without the 2nd half?
Maybe its different for demons?

What is the bonus for the first half?
Edit: +1 Conjuration DC? Maybe I have it and forgot. Will need to check later.
Anyway, there's been no significant payoff for reading the thing for me so far.

Desiderius

Patron

nicecritreg.jpg

Really? Do tell?
Though I guess its too late now, nearing the end of Act 4...
You can look it up. Keeps her alive, protects some of your kingdom? There was a dialogue in Fane that said it helped already.

Lunge is completely broken on any mounted character. It's seriously powerful.
It's not broken but it definitely helps. The AC malus isn't irrelevant.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Wait, they didn’t document Lunge in the patch notes either? Lol.

Honestly seems like a great filler for any non-mounted meleer.

Its particularly great for mounted characters, actually. And/or Dex builds.

Desiderius

Patron
Taking on Unfair Soul Hunter in Alyusshira:

Seelah 15 42 Fort Save.jpg

Setting up Seelah to tank. Soul Hunter ended up just casting instead of attacking. There used to be an Ecorche here.

Nenio 36 DC Putrefaction fail vs Soul Hunter Unfair.jpg

Lol, got the Deathsnatcher with this the round before, but this wasn't great. Ended up going with Battering Blast.

Reg15 just missing Soul Hunter.jpg

Reg misses the Shatter by one lol. Should probably put the Heroism, Greater on him. Soul Hunter is a Monstrous Humanoid, not a Demon, so that hurt. Might have been vulnerable to Spit Venom.

Seelah 15 missing Unfair Soul Hunter on crit threat.jpg

Mark of Justice cancels Smite Evil in TTT, and Seelah doesn't get the benefit. 18 should have been a crit threat (with auto-confirm from Bless Weapon) but didn't count because didn't beat AC (-16 in maluses for tanking that didn't end up needing).

VanAeon 15 vs Unfair Soul Hunter Hide Armor.jpgTribal Scout Armor.jpg

MC beat AC fine. This Armor is good on Aru too.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's not broken but it definitely helps. The AC malus isn't irrelevant.
It is the absolute definition of irrelevant

Hell I might even get it on my tank at endgame, -2 AC is nothing when you have 100 AC

It’s kind of actively bad on tanks, no? It’s hard enough to get enemies to focus your tank as it is, would probably not help to not be adjacent

EDIT: Though I guess you could just move adjacent and still get the immense benefit of easier AOOs etc.

Last edited:

Tao

Augur
If i spell focus/greater spell focus/spell specialization on let's say conjuration for the summoning feats later, and then i get expanded arsenal for necromancy. Do i get spell specialitation too for necromancy? Im guessing not.

If i do it the other way (expand arsenal conjuration and spell focus necromancy) can i get the summonig feat line? I suppose the answer is no too.

Wtf is better then? Should i just go for necromancy from the start and forget expanded arsenal? Does the free summonings you get from the mythic path even use the summoning feats?

Also, should i play the first dlc before the main story? I heard you get some items and a few extra feats for the main campaing. I already played the main campaing until half the chapter 2 a year ago but i'm restarting now since a lot of time has passed.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
No and no.

Also note that Spell Specialization only works for a single spell. And needs Spell Focus in its school (Expaned Arsenal won't cut it).

Also I'm not even sure the Conjuration summoning feats do anything for the necromancy summons or lich mythic spells. I'm thinking - no.

Can't say about the 1st DLC, heard it sucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom