Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You get some semi-OP new game plus mythic buff for every save (including Old saves) when you finish Inevitable Excess. It’s basically a mini version of the buff you get during first Minagho fight

Tao

Augur
Well, that's what i thought. I'll go full necro from the start then and forget about conjuration

Let me ask a few more questions: Does the exploit spell resistance>gran spell resistance from arcanist/exploit wizard stack with the Lich power "Magic Devorer". Does Archmage armor mythic ability affect the mage armor exploit or just the spell?

Thinking i'm going exploit wizard>lich

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well, that's what i thought. I'll go full necro from the start then and forget about conjuration

Let me ask a few more questions: Does the exploit spell resistance>gran spell resistance from arcanist/exploit wizard stack with the Lich power "Magic Devorer". Does Archmage armor mythic ability affect the mage armor exploit or just the spell?

Spell Resistance doesn't stack unless otherwise noted.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not broken but it definitely helps. The AC malus isn't irrelevant.
It is the absolute definition of irrelevant

Hell I might even get it on my tank at endgame, -2 AC is nothing when you have 100 AC

It’s kind of actively bad on tanks, no? It’s hard enough to get enemies to focus your tank as it is, would probably not help to not be adjacent

EDIT: Though I guess you could just move adjacent and still get the immense benefit of easier AOOs etc.
It’s not immense in any case. I read Mounted as Mount since I have it on Lann’s Smilo (which is currently not a Mount as I’m trying to turn Drovier Lann into a caster). That Smilo also has Crane Wing (with Feral Combat Training) which is kind if a nonbo but working ok.

On characters that want to tank/off-tank that marginal AC makes a big difference.

Desiderius

Patron

You’re not going to exploit anything. Game’s much more about mastering the fundamentals than one-weird-tricks.

Illusion/Evocation/Enchantment seem to have more item support than the other schools. I'd imagine Lich would have some ways to boost Necro. Finding it non-trivial to get there beating saves with Conj spells on higher difficulties.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Scorcher of Souls is a random-ass encounter. You just finished an act with a superduper epic showdown against a demon lord, and the game goes: "Hey man you wanna fight a little miniboss with nothing really special going for him that you can only get two by blinking or equivalent?"

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Hell I might even get it on my tank at endgame, -2 AC is nothing when you have 100 AC

It’s kind of actively bad on tanks, no? It’s hard enough to get enemies to focus your tank as it is, would probably not help to not be adjacent

EDIT: Though I guess you could just move adjacent and still get the immense benefit of easier AOOs etc.
It’s not immense in any case. I read Mounted as Mount since I have it on Lann’s Smilo (which is currently not a Mount as I’m trying to turn Drovier Lann into a caster).
Yeah I didn’t think about the fact that you could also give it to the mounts themselves. That is sick. With Leggo Prop and a reach weapon you basically become a ranged melee character lol. Wonder why they stealth added that feat during this patch. Some devs pet project maybe

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You’re not going to exploit anything. Game’s much more about mastering the fundamentals than one-weird-tricks.

Exploiter is an archetype ffs :lol:

I’m playing it as well Tao, it’s pretty fun and very stronk but I think it’s a bit too one-dimensional for an entire campaign.

Desiderius

Patron
Scorcher of Souls is a random-ass encounter. You just finished an act with a superduper epic showdown against a demon lord, and the game goes: "Hey man you wanna fight a little miniboss with nothing really special going for him that you can only get two by blinking or equivalent?"
There are a lot of areas in the Abyss only reachable via Dimension Door. See the fight I just posted. It's a consistent theme throughout the Act. Thought it was a great touch to put an unexpected one at the end to reward completionist exploration.

I... wouldn't say he's got nothing special going for him either, especially if you go there with your buffs down just trying to finish up the area. Pretty good gotcha.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There are a lot of areas in the Abyss only reachable via Dimension Door. See the fight I just posted. It's a consistent theme throughout the Act. Thought it was a great touch to put an unexpected one at the end to reward completionist exploration.

I... wouldn't say he's got nothing special going for him either, especially if you go there with your buffs down just trying to finish up the area. Pretty good gotcha.

Yeah I liked that bit, I was talking about this guy specifically.

I guess it’s true that it is a fight without buffs (barring you resting before going there), I just thought it was weird to have a little fairly beatable mini boss right after the game’s peak on the epicness curve

Desiderius

Patron

It’s not immense in any case. I read Mounted as Mount since I have it on Lann’s Smilo (which is currently not a Mount as I’m trying to turn Drovier Lann into a caster).
Yeah I didn’t think about the fact that you could also give it to the mounts themselves. That is sick. With Leggo Prop and a reach weapon you basically become a ranged melee character lol. Wonder why they stealth added that feat during this patch. Some devs pet project maybe
It was always in game for Urban Hunter. Atlach had it P:K.

Haplo thinks it was always intended to be generally available.

I guess it’s true that it is a fight without buffs (barring you resting before going there), I just thought it was weird to have a little fairly beatable mini boss right after the game’s peak on the epicness curve
He was no pushover last time I went through, but I've noticed some other nerfs this time so maybe they toned him down too.

Tao

Augur
Guys, does fear control works for touch/range touch spells and rays? I'm not sure if its a good enough mythic power for a pure caster. I was thiniking about having reach metamagic+favorite metamagic and going pew pew pew with the necro spells. But i dont know even if the fear has to be the one from the mytich power or you can use something like a frightful aspect spell. Im guessing from the text is not necesary bc is just the 3er part of the power: you get +4 to attack roll, +1 damage if they are afraid and then the 10foot area of fear that can be checked. Is this correct?

I swear to God there is no good info on the internet about this game interations.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

A single maximized hellfire ray (obviously ascended) is enough to kill it, even out of combat range, you should be lvl 18/19 no?

Desiderius

Patron
He may heal from Fire? There’s a couple unique twists (ambush?) that make it a challenge. All I know is I got totally pwned the first time there because Baph had stripped all my buffs and there wasn’t a convenient place to rest.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

A single maximized hellfire ray (obviously ascended) is enough to kill it, even out of combat range, you should be lvl 18/19 no?

Ehem, my whole point is that it is an oddly easy miniboss right after an epic story encounter. I one-shot him with Stormbolts p. much.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
He may heal from Fire?
Ascended, so no, or convert it.
Problem is sirocco if he dead before he casts it buffs are not needed, after he dies some salamander teleports in but they are easily dispatched. If you have some meme build centered on Bismuth, ok you may have a problem.

Desiderius

Patron
Never has a pseudonym been so well chosen.

Riding Bismuth is the opposite of a meme. There is no build, it’s using straight-up Vanguard (also opposite of a meme) with help from supposedly shitty HK Reg and Possible Domain Sos.

I got owned in first playthrough. Don’t even use Fire in this one (outside of occasional Flame Strike from Sos). Sirocco sux lol.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Guys, does fear control works for touch/range touch spells and rays? I'm not sure if its a good enough mythic power for a pure caster. I was thiniking about having reach metamagic+favorite metamagic and going pew pew pew with the necro spells. But i dont know even if the fear has to be the one from the mytich power or you can use something like a frightful aspect spell. Im guessing from the text is not necesary bc is just the 3er part of the power: you get +4 to attack roll, +1 damage if they are afraid and then the 10foot area of fear that can be checked. Is this correct?

I swear to God there is no good info on the internet about this game interations.

Yeah, the attack and damage bonuses are separate from the chance to inflict fear.

Also any mind effect should work to trigger it. Or I seem to remember reading that its likely bugged and just works (maybe like Abolish Guile).

Desiderius

Patron
What’s his Fort save? Are you beating it by 20 or reloading for lucky roll? Stun or one-shotting him with Stormbolts damage on Unfair?

Maybe they did really nerf it if that’s the case.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man, you have got to be one helluva simp to work for Nocticula, lol. She openly cucks you in just about every conversation. Worse actually, she very, *very* thinly veils her cucking, so it's not only blatant, it's also insulting. Yet I bet if we had the stats 90% of Demon players simped for her :lol:

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Man, you have got to be one helluva simp to work for Nocticula, lol. She openly cucks you in just about every conversation. Worse actually, she very, *very* thinly veils her cucking, so it's not only blatant, it's also insulting. Yet I bet if we had the stats 90% of Demon players simped for her :lol:
If you become her consort and also finish Ember's quest you end up ruling Alushynira in the epilogue. Not a bad deal. I'd assume you don't need to become her consort to take over Alushynira but a few years of regularly sleeping with the Demon Lord of sex seems like an upside, if you don't care about sharing.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If you simp enough for senpai you get to be her stay-at-home husband. Not a bad deal

whatever you say, cuck :smug:

IllusiveBrian

Novice
If you simp enough for senpai you get to be her stay-at-home husband. Not a bad deal

whatever you say, cuck :smug:
You're making a lot of unlikely assumptions about demon orgies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom