Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Trickster is best Dispeller with Trickery 2.
Touch range of Trickery 2 was a huge disappointment for me. I was less than excited to crawl into Deskari's and Playful Darkness's melee range to deliver dispel.

Crawl lol. Door baby. Isolate that SOB to turn off his Sneaks. Swordlord Trickster lives for heat of battle but most Tricksters want to be able to get in close even if you’re just using a move action after the Heavies have Charged in.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
At this point I just want a huge dungeon that lets me pick any of the Mythics without needing to jump through 1000 hoops and only using some of them for last 1/5 of the game
Just give us an infinite scaling, procedurally generated dungeon and let us level classes and mythics infinitely. Then I can test my level 60 Aeon/Trickster/Swarm build.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Look at what you're forced me to do owlcat :

kotsC2J.png

Sacred beast claw also work with other polyform, but I only manage a lousy double force punch with dragonkind.

Also crusader edge don't add extra damage, but try to nauseate the enemy on every attack.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s so random.

Edge works with Bite on Animal Companions but not on Beastforms or Monk attax for instance (which isn’t an Edge so ok but still gets the auto-sicken). Demons are immune to the Crit nauseate because all nauseated are still coded as Poison which is doubly stupid because to whole purpose of Edge is to own Outsiders.

Sacred Claw fixes most of this (not the nauseate) so rewards taking your time and resting a lot to get your army strong enough to get it while also of course adding the notorious extra damage packet. Massive step up for punching Monks and Wildshapers.

This is your company on woketardism. Woke is bad in and of itself but woketards are also incompetent and will drive the competent out of your organization.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Worse than PF:KM
Why do you keep saying that?

• Worst writing
  • More bloat
  • Bad pacing
  • More SJW nonsene
  • Less original idea(go kill demons and save the world vs establish a civilization in a mysterious cursed land)
I can continue listing but sadly the unique thing which OwlCat improved is AI. And KoTC AI is way better than Kingmaker AI.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Crawl lol. Door baby. Isolate that SOB to turn off his Sneaks. Swordlord Trickster lives for heat of battle but most Tricksters want to be able to get in close even if you’re just using a move action after the Heavies have Charged in.
Hm.
Swordlord Trickster.
100+ hours long campaign. Sorry, I have some standards when I choose classes for MC to play it.

Desiderius

Patron
KotC AI is worse?

Based/dark take on fighting demons with actual Righteousness would be profoundly original in relativitarded Current_year (they’ve got some writers trying for that I think but they’re getting drowned out) and nobody has darker medieval history to draw on than Trans-Uralia/Carpathia but they’ve mostly fallen for the post-western propaganda and are ashamed to draw on it.

Could have done Kingdom Come on roids and instead we get transcannibals have right to exist, bigot and all the irreal mediocrity that comes with that.

Desiderius

Patron
100+ hours long campaign. Sorry, I have some standards when I choose classes for MC to play it.

Dominated every single one. Well maybe not first few. Some people can read and use abilities and some just do what Nerd Commando tells them.

The former know how dominant Swordlord is. Don’t make me post more screenshots.

Big fun is when Legend lets you tack on 10 Duelist levels with the Cloak and you start Parrying everything but it’s great before that with the new Disarming Strike and Persuasion 1 turning on Shatter Confidence.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Dominated every single one. Well maybe not first few. Some people can read and use abilities and some just do what Nerd Commando tells them.
Like I care what some guy says somewhere on the internet.

But it is more than just effectivity - pure melee are boring and not that good for soloing. I need at least bloodrager's levels of sheer power/tactical options to even consider playing one as MC.
And Legend is loser who gets 40 levels but can't kill for good even one demon lord.

Desiderius

Patron
Like I care what some guy says somewhere on the internet.

But it is more than just effectivity - pure melee are boring and not that good for soloing. I need at least bloodrager's levels of sheer power/tactical options to even consider playing one as MC.
And Legend is loser who gets 40 levels but can't kill for good even one demon lord.

I don’t solo but Swordlord effectively does by midgame. Plenty of tactical power/options. Effectively untouchable and disables bosses with enough damage to finish them off in a round or two.

Humbaba

Arcane
Worst writing

Debatable. If we're only talking about the quality of the prose then maybe, it's been a bit since I last played Kingmaker but I don't really remember the writing being anything special. If we're including things like characterisation and narrative then Wrathfinder wins out if only for how companion quests are handled.

More bloat

To be expected in a higher level adventure, so I guess you're not wrong.

Bad pacing

I'll grant you that one, but Kingmaker's endgame wasn't particularly fantastic either.

More SJW nonsene

We've been over this and I'm not gonna argue that point any longer.

Less original idea(go kill demons and save the world vs establish a civilization in a mysterious cursed land)

That's just very dishonest framing. I could've just as easily done the opposite here (go lead a divinely ordained crusade to stop world-threatening evil vs. run around in the woods and slap fairies). Besides, Wrathfinder's structure and progression is way more unique than Kingmaker, which is just the regular "rats to dragons" sort of affair. You could've just said that you prefer that sort of conventional setup, that's just personal preference, originality has nothing to do with it though. That's not even mentioning the fact that the whole "manage a patch of land" thing goes all the way back to the fortress questline in BG2, so not much originality there either.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Anyway, my point with morph spell is that there is layer of bugs inside the bugs, and also are the only way to make spell strike in the later thirds of the game.

It's obvious at this point that there owlcat's management is pure garbage, there is clearly people who care mixed with mega retard.

Did you know that wolfji is supposed to gain bonuses is he turn into a demon ? Dataminer have found reference, his supposed to gain +2 profane to int and agi and a bunch of other stuff, but somebody did not implement it.

Speaking of jank, if you already got profane bonus on one of your two highest stat, nocticula profanes gift witch to the thirds highest one.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Debatable. If we're only talking about the quality of the prose then maybe, it's been a bit since I last played Kingmaker but I don't really remember the writing being anything special. If we're including things like characterisation and narrative then Wrathfinder wins out if only for how companion quests are handled.

You must be insane if you think characterization is in any way better in Wrath than KM.

A comparison of 2 local rulers, Jamandi Aldori and Galfrey here is honestly enough to basically show how awful the average writing and characterization in Wrath.

I could also go into multiple paragraph on how Kingmaker managed to write the companion with enough depth to be likeable and integrate almost each of them to main story beat while how Wrath,, left alone doing that, doesn't manage to even manage a consistent tone for its companion (Arue is the worst in this).

Daidre

Arcane
I could also go into multiple paragraph on how Kingmaker managed to write the companion with enough depth to be likeable and integrate almost each of them to main story beat while how Wrath,, left alone doing that, doesn't manage to even manage a consistent tone for its companion (Arue is the worst in this).
Kingmaker also had consistency issues when you compare companions kingdom advisory parts vs main adventuring vs romance content.
And Regoctavia's "tee he he we are so horny please be our third wheel" was pretty close in level of sheer cringe to Arushalae's romance content when you are unlucky enough to stumble into it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
To be expected in a higher level adventure, so I guess you're not wrong.

WoTR is bloated even if compared to other high/epic level adventures. Eg - NWN1:HotU and NWN2 MotB. Mephistopheles is an terrifying enemy which you spend an entire chapter wanting to weaken him in hotu. He is a random enemy in my Azata quest.

I like high level stuff but is really hard to do a proper high level adventure. After lv 15, both Pathfinder games become too bloated. I wish that their next game will be a AP up to lv 15(most PF1e adventure paths end in this level). Lv 15 is not low level, you can throw hellfire, petrify and disintegrate enemies, easily fight adult dragons(CR13) and even do shit like craft golems. I hope for Rise of the Runelords.

(go lead a divinely ordained crusade to stop world-threatening evil vs. run around in the woods and slap fairies).

Nice point. But I still prefer Kingmaker story. Instead of a Mythic Mari Sue/Gary Stu, you are merely a lucky guy who got a nobility title for a very poor barony and who later discover to be merely pawns of a Chaotic eldest fey machinations.

Humbaba

Arcane
A comparison of 2 local rulers, Jamandi Aldori and Galfrey here is honestly enough to basically show how awful the average writing and characterization in Wrath.
I have no idea why you would compare the two in the first place, considering Aldori's role in Kingmaker's story is minimal.

I could also go into multiple paragraph on how Kingmaker managed to write the companion with enough depth to be likeable and integrate almost each of them to main story beat
That is such a ridiculous proposition that I'd actually be willing to read those paragraphs.

And Regoctavia's "tee he he we are so horny please be our third wheel" was pretty close in level of sheer cringe to Arushalae's romance content when you are unlucky enough to stumble into it.
Much worse in fact, because the romance is at least optional while the cringe is the swinger couple's entire deal.

WoTR is bloated even if compared to other high/epic level adventures. Eg - NWN1:HotU and NWN2 MotB.
Haven't played NWN1, but MotB isn't really an adventure on the level of Wrathfinder. Like, you don't kill anything close to a demon lord in that.

Instead of a Mythic Mari Sue/Gary Stu
How is the PC a mary sue?

you are merely a lucky guy who got a nobility title for a very poor barony and who later discover to be merely pawns of a Chaotic eldest fey machinations.
But how is that different from a lucky guy who later discovers to be merely a pawn of demonic machinations?

Riel

Arcane
So, I resumed one of my playthroughs, Azata, it's several months old and I know old version saves don't react too well to patches...... but come on, I get into a building, start a combat with "someone" and after it I can't exit because the dragon pet was warped into the area at combat start but into a wall so it can't get to the door to exit... Wasn't that shit fixed like 3 centuries ago?

:rage:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Where's the post game DLC you fucking faggowls?
At this point I just want a huge dungeon that lets me pick any of the Mythics without needing to jump through 1000 hoops and only using some of them for last 1/5 of the game

Disagree, lot of the fun I had was in the reactivity on the mythic you pick.
This is why chapter V generaly sucks unless you are an angel.

ArchAngel

Arcane
FUCK!! I finally got to screen where I can choose Legend and I choose it and press Complete and it just returns back to that same screen and it does not want to continue...

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've gotten into this again, for my sins. I've created an Archaeologist (to be Trickster) that I have some real affinity with, so I've been going through the game carefully (Core) and "seriously", i.e. just really getting into it, extracting every jot and tittle of immersion. I've gotten to Drezen and I feel moved to say, Owlcat did a pretty amazing job with the siege. It's got lots of ways you can complete it by following your nose (or your character's nose). One might have complaints about the game in various ways, but hats off to them for Drezen.

Btw Desiderius, I vaguely remember reading on the Owlcat forums that you'd tried an Archaeologist Trickster yourself, any advice? I've gone into high dex, moderate char and int, Finesse (into mythic when I get it), TWF and shield bash, Fast Learner to bump up the skillz, Conjuration focus has worked well for grease for for the first few levels (I've also started summoning with III, with a view to summoning with augmented shadows later, though that may be spreading too thin - but the later Shadow conjurations do look interesting and I've never tried them), to be Expanded Arsenalled to either Illusion or Enchantment (can't really decide, both seem to be relevant to both the Bard and Trickster spell lists, but Illusion looks like it's more powerful later on), maybe picking up a couple of levels of Loremaster at some point - the last couple of levels of Archaeologist don't seem to offer anything, and maybe I could pick up something like greater cleave or whatever, dunno.

The character really feels like a tough-enough, knowledgeable, experienced deep diver into old ruins and the skill monkey aspect of Archaeologist is through the roof (and should be amazing prep for some of the Trickster thingies). Trickery especially is absurdly high, so I might actually go all the way to the Trickery Trickery 3 mythic. I like the sound of just deleting things :)

Desiderius

Patron
Sounds great, brother.

Have big fun.

Archaeologist is the Trickster par excellence. I usually go Enchantment/Evocation on Bards (you don't get much Conj) but people like Heightening Grease so who knows. Trickery does give you Sneaks and doesn't help you land spells so prob more buffing/combat focused is the way to go with help from your song - don't forget that it gives Luck to skill checks which is very rare.

I'd just make sure to go Perception and Trickery (sounds like you're already doing that) since you get bonuses to those per level (in addition to the Lores and Knowledges) and can take ten on Trickery checks (unfortunately not on the Dispel Mythic Trick yet).

Don't forget the Seashell!

Arch 7 AC vs Gargs Dazzling Display.jpg

Dazzling Gargs, semi-tanking Core
Arch7 Slow vs Gargs.jpg

Dazzling sets up Slow

Arch10opportunistmiaghomisshard.jpg

Moving to fighting on Minagho fight (Hard)

Arch10vsstauntoncritcore.jpg

Getting Staunton with Ever Ready help (don't forget you've got Vitals + Trickster Sneaks)

Arch13 Trickery1.jpg

Trickery Dispels Thorn Body from Nalfeshnee

Arch13chainevasion.jpg

Archeologist gets Uncanny and Evasion so well-suited for melee

Arch13SongofDiscord.jpg

I'm not sure that Song of Discord even works (I think they fixed it) but decent DC here

Arch13Tanking.jpg

Reasonably tanky for Core

Archeologist 6 tanking Jes fight.jpg

Earlier AC

Don't have much more than that - combat log looks like it was from beta. Yeah, it's pretty great.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
FUCK!! I finally got to screen where I can choose Legend and I choose it and press Complete and it just returns back to that same screen and it does not want to continue...

Yeah it's clunky but that's just starting the quest I think. I remember having that first time I did it. You have to go back to five or six places and fight bosses to become Legend.

Reload fixes that bug I think.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom