Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The most obnoxious shit was the cleric companion who's attempts at romance were rapey asf.
I played a guy and he never hit on me. Just don't say anything he could misinterpret because that's just how gay men are.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The most obnoxious shit was the cleric companion who's attempts at romance were rapey asf.
I played a guy and he never hit on me. Just don't say anything he could misinterpret because that's just how gay men are.
That’s how fanfic writers wish men were with them. When they’re not rutting like pigs with other gheys they tend to be pretty discreet with straight colleagues, even (or especially) ones they’re pining for.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That’s how fanfic writers wish men were with them. When they’re not rutting like pigs with other gheys they tend to be pretty discreet with straight colleagues, even (or especially) ones they’re pining for.
Like I said, he's only like that if you express interest in him.

Straights (and formerly straights) totally shocked when they find out how quick and forward fags can be https://archive.is/oiFG6

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

It was even weirder because I played a tiny gnome so the cleric mofo is like 5 times the size. I don't think my tiny gnome butthole can survive this encounter.

Turn_BASED

Educated

It was even weirder because I played a tiny gnome so the cleric mofo is like 5 times the size. I don't think my tiny gnome butthole can survive this encounter.
Is his name Fleshlight?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lots of use of modern slang during Romance like "date", "girlfriend" etc. Zoomers and queer-ally are clearly the target audience. Redditer and the orphaned BSN/Tumblr crowd.
Always has been with Pathfinder. Plenty of references to these terms in official Pathfinder material. There were never any rules against the use of modern slang like those dusty old D&D settings.

Camel

Scholar
Lots of use of modern slang during Romance like "date", "girlfriend" etc. Zoomers and queer-ally are clearly the target audience. Redditer and the orphaned BSN/Tumblr crowd.
Always has been with Pathfinder. Plenty of references to these terms in official Pathfinder material. There were never any rules against the use of modern slang like those dusty old D&D settings.
Fuck Pathfinder then.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm nearing late leveling and can count on one hand how many feats I have left for most characters. Is Wrath still all about putting shatter defenses on your melee and archer characters? All the guides for Kingmaker acted as if it was essential, but I see fewer builds doing it in Wrath.

I largely stopped picking Shatter Defenses on my characters. Partially because I find it unreliable on some of the tougher enemies (who come prebuffed with Greater Heroism, some are also Mind Immune), partially because TTT mod makes it work in accordance with the description (so only works AFTER the first hit), partially because I want some new feats from TTT (like Trick Riding & Mounted Skirmisher). I do sometimes use TTT Mythic Shatter Defenses feat on some characters (persistant Shatter effect on affected enemy).

Currently I'm finding Greater Invisibility (24hr late game) with Mind Blank a more reliable and cheaper solution to catch many enemies flat-footed.

I think TTT just nerfed your 24hr shenanigans (to your own benefit).
What do you mean?

Desiderius

Patron
I'm nearing late leveling and can count on one hand how many feats I have left for most characters. Is Wrath still all about putting shatter defenses on your melee and archer characters? All the guides for Kingmaker acted as if it was essential, but I see fewer builds doing it in Wrath.

I largely stopped picking Shatter Defenses on my characters. Partially because I find it unreliable on some of the tougher enemies (who come prebuffed with Greater Heroism, some are also Mind Immune), partially because TTT mod makes it work in accordance with the description (so only works AFTER the first hit), partially because I want some new feats from TTT (like Trick Riding & Mounted Skirmisher). I do sometimes use TTT Mythic Shatter Defenses feat on some characters (persistant Shatter effect on affected enemy).

Currently I'm finding Greater Invisibility (24hr late game) with Mind Blank a more reliable and cheaper solution to catch many enemies flat-footed.

I think TTT just nerfed your 24hr shenanigans (to your own benefit).
What do you mean?

Enduring, Greater now requires 8 minutes instead of 5.

By the time it can be activated it's largely unnecessary and it's costing you two Mythics. TTT/Dark Codex has some nice ones, but Favorite Meta is always good.

Desiderius

Patron
formerly straights

Understand that "formerly gay" is crimethink to get an idea of the game being played here. I did ten years of semi-pro theater (the gap in my game knowledge not coincidentally) so I know how the gheys work and have worked fine with them.

What could have been an interesting companion quest with a lot of meaningful C&C got crowded out by the obligatory "I want buttsecks" and "unsuspecting straight guy gets inducted into the cult" options.

Incendax

Augur

It isn't. Big Irabeth hug is very in the face of the player. It's like Greybor busting out a Marlboro™ and taking a nice long drag when you first meet hihim.
I just want Irabeth's arms to fit around the person she is hugging. Right now she grabs 80% empty space.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

It isn't. Big Irabeth hug is very in the face of the player. It's like Greybor busting out a Marlboro™ and taking a nice long drag when you first meet hihim.
I just want Irabeth's arms to fit around the person she is hugging. Right now she grabs 80% empty space.
We do not have enough purchase power to nudge Owlcat to switch to the Unreal 5 engine.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What could have been an interesting companion quest with a lot of meaningful C&C got crowded out by the obligatory "I want buttsecks" and "unsuspecting straight guy gets inducted into the cult" options.

Arseniy Krymov said:
Sosiel is the odd one out among the companions: he's the only person in the party with no tragic backstory or dark secrets. His closet is surprisingly devoid of skeletons. He's just a nice, honest guy next door, eager to support you, and open about his own vulnerability. Writing his romance felt like a healing vacation after the horrors of the Swarm mythic path.

Even without a romance, he was always going to be this way. They wanted a token bland.

Dr1f7

Scholar
just started this game and MAN the writing is atrocious and there's so much of it I don't think I'll be able to get through this one (I'm like 3 hours in)
I wish the game was literally just 'romp through cool dungeons for 20 hours' but there's a whole lot of... walking around and talking to people putting me to sleep

sucks because I'm past the point where I could refund the game, nice bait and switch making the opening sequence exactly enough time to push past the refund timer then making the rest of the game a total snoozefest

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wish the game was literally just 'romp through cool dungeons for 20 hours' but there's a whole lot of... walking around and talking to people putting me to sleep
This is what the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC is for. It can work as a stand-alone campaign.

Delterius

Arcane
Even without a romance, he was always going to be this way. They wanted a token bland.
a few pages ago sosiel looked at a gnome and fell in love with them, calling them the epitome of beauty, making portraits of them, and having the visage of a goddamn gnome be the one thing that keeps them going in the darkness of the abyss and you think thats bland

they can't all be daeran, the first npc to romance the player and not the other way around, but come on. sosiel is clearly insane

In all seriousness I thought Sosiel offered a good contrast with the rest of the party. As far as romance goes he's the one monogamous guy in a setting of sex-haver demigod fantasies. Beyond that he's just a lad with anger issues who cares about family. He's a way better 'Eder' than Lann turned out to be.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Arseniy Krymov said:
Sosiel is the odd one out among the companions: he's the only person in the party with no tragic backstory or dark secrets. His closet is surprisingly devoid of skeletons. He's just a nice, honest guy next door, eager to support you, and open about his own vulnerability. Writing his romance felt like a healing vacation after the horrors of the Swarm mythic path.

Which is exactly the problem, though it isn't even true.

He's supposed to have an angry Cleric of Shelyn conflict (which would be an interesting riff on Val's character arc - which was also truncated for SocJus irreasons) but it doesn't really get developed because it gets crowded out by the pole smoking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom