Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Ryzer

Arcane
just started this game and MAN the writing is atrocious and there's so much of it I don't think I'll be able to get through this one (I'm like 3 hours in)
I wish the game was literally just 'romp through cool dungeons for 20 hours' but there's a whole lot of... walking around and talking to people putting me to sleep

sucks because I'm past the point where I could refund the game, nice bait and switch making the opening sequence exactly enough time to push past the refund timer then making the rest of the game a total snoozefest
I played this game recently and I found the writing pretty okay if you ask me, much better than linzi cringefest in Kingmaker for sure. Probably because I chosed the Chaotic Evil alignment so that fits more to what I like.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So anyone bought the DLC and started a playthrough with it? Maybe made Shifter their main character? How is it going?

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Last Sarokorian? I thought it was that drunk guy I made king.

Anyways I wonder if you get to give Ulbrig shit for Sarkorians basically bringing the demonic axe-wound onto themselves by killing an innocent kid. After getting the "secret" ending with Areelu I felt she was more than a little sympathetic and that the druid cunts had it coming.

I might get this just to see if thats the case.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Anyways I wonder if you get to give Ulbrig shit for Sarkorians basically bringing the demonic axe-wound onto themselves by killing an innocent kid. After getting the "secret" ending with Areelu I felt she was more than a little sympathetic and that the druid cunts had it coming.

ArySu was always intended to be sympathetic. Overshadows MC.

Mauman

Scholar

ArySu was always intended to be sympathetic. Overshadows MC.

No, fuck that shit....just....no.

skaraher

Cipher
Sarkorians basically bringing the demonic axe-wound onto themselves by killing an innocent kid
Said kid was literally shot by magic-police for resisting arrest and killed just after he murdered a magic-cop. Killing millions and setting ablaze a whole country in paiment for one retarded death is the definition of Dindu-nothing, congratulation you achieved peak BLMism in your game. Oh and he literally tried to summon a Balor. :smug:

Areelu apologism is retarded, they tried to play the sob part with pathos and MOTHERLY sentiment but at the end of the day, she's an unrepentant mad scientist who committed a genocide for trivial reasons.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sarkorians basically bringing the demonic axe-wound onto themselves by killing an innocent kid
Said kid was literally shot by magic-police for resisting arrest and killed just after he murdered a magic-cop. Killing millions and setting ablaze a whole country in paiment for one retarded death is the definition of Dindu-nothing, congratulation you achieved peak BLMism in your game. Oh and he literally tried to summon a Balor. :smug:

Areelu apologism is retarded, they tried to play the sob part with pathos and MOTHERLY sentiment but at the end of the day, she's an unrepentant mad scientist who committed a genocide for trivial reasons.
Any society that discriminates mages should be burnt to the ground by mages, as Areelu Vorlesh did. Nothing wrong with that.

I might have elaborated about genocides, but I could run afoul of some Western laws. So no comments here.

skaraher

Cipher
Come to think Sarkoris characterization in the game is kinda all over the place.

It's supposed to be at the same time:
- Tribal confederation with shamans binding spirits to animals and living in the wood
- Democratic stateless utopia, only conglomerate of barely litterate clans
- At the same time it has sprawling stone cities with advanced architecture
- Huge ass Mage prison with stone walls and a cadre of Spanish/Warhammer style witch hunter.
- Just neighbouring the high tech science fantasy setting.

Maybe someone will again justify with "muh Pathfinder is a shit setting designed to appeal to retarded tumblerite a post-post-post apocalyptic deconstruction of medieval tropes." :smug:

Desiderius

Patron
Killing millions and setting ablaze a whole country in paiment for one retarded death is the definition of Dindu-nothing
At least they know their Bolshie history, though they still put Ulyanov in drag to show who their true masters are. Slavs still loving those chains!

run afoul of some Western laws
Everyone knows what Western laws you're *not* running afoul of. Let none be fooled. You're pwned now more than ever. Instead of French and German masters you now have Californian clowns.

Desiderius

Patron
Come to think Sarkoris characterization in the game is kinda all over the place.

- Tribal confederation with shamans binding spirits to animals and living in the wood
- Huge ass Mage prison with stone walls and a cadre of Spanish/Warhammer style witch hunter.

Maybe someone will again justify with "muh Pathfinder is a shit setting designed to appeal to retarded tumblerite a post-post-post apocalyptic deconstruction of medieval tropes." :smug:
RUS is the Appalachia of Europe. It's RUS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield–McCoy_feud

Numenoria is America.

https://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_History_of_the_Akallabêth

Delterius

Arcane
magic-police
I think the concept of 'let's persecute every arcane magic user because those guys tend to take over the country' only left the Sarkorians vulnerable to someone like Areelu Vorlesh. Somehow Wizards aren't opening world destroying portals in civilizations that have 1 million times the arcane magic know how of Sarkoris, like Irrisen, Kelesh or Cheliax. No, the worldwound happened in Sarkoris because it was a weird druid supremacist confederation. Something bad was bound to happen, in fact they knew it would as they had prophets. They'd either bring their own tragedy about or lack any answers to it. At the end of the day it was both.

One could make the point that Sarkoris was doing what it had to because Aroden's death shifted the place towards the abyss. But that wasn't the rationale at all. Sarkoris had always chosen repression. When asked about why they would suppress arcane magic, the Sarkorians seemed to default towards 'eh we just don't like 'em'.

What I like about the story is that all of this is a red herring. At first you might think that Areelu did what she did because Sarkorians persecuted her. Then you're slapped with the backstory of her kid. But your last conversations with her kind of betray all of that. Areelu Vorlesh was enough of a monster to the point where she was completely focused on what she wanted. She didn't do what she did for revenge, the Sarkorians couldn't even imprison her mortal self much less stop her. They were less than nothing. She did what she did because the sarkorians were just on the way. The only person worthy of revenge were people like the wizard who cracked under the inquisition and told them where Areelu's house was. Even then it wasn't personal. She just felt punishment was warranted.

It's even scarier when you consider that Areelu is the one telling you this. Because she's an unreliable narrator. She became a demon and she herself tells you how things that seemed to matter a lot to her simply don't anymore. Which is crazy. Demonhood should have made her more passionate, angrier. That's what happens to the demon Commander. But instead it made her colder and more calculating.
It's not exactly stateless. It was built around tribal identities and city-states. Not sure on it being democratic (were the chiefs elected?) or the clans being unable to read (is anybody? Tyranny was one of the first rpgs I've ever seen where the assumption is that most people can't read). The Sarkorians also had lots of divine and druidic magic and even IRL hunter gatherers could build monumental stuff so I don't see why not them.

The less we talk about Numeria the better.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's even scarier when you consider that Areelu is the one telling you this. Because she's an unreliable narrator. She became a demon and she herself tells you how things that seemed to matter a lot to her simply don't anymore. Which is crazy. Demonhood should have made her more passionate, angrier. That's what happens to the demon Commander. But instead it made her colder and more calculating.
One can argue that women can be scarier when they're colder and more calculated.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Beat Baphomet, but he hit Nenio with a DC 36 baleful polymorph spell. Reddit/Steam suggestions are just to kill whomever gets tagged by it since it's far easier to resurrect them than it is to beat that spell, but I gave a Seelah the cursed mercy so I just kept laying hands and reloading until I rolled that 10% chance. :cainapproves:

Desiderius

Patron
Can’t she just polymorph herself into her other form lol? That’s how it should work. Instead of Human/Fox she becomes Human/Dog or Dog/Fox.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Can’t she just polymorph herself into her other form lol? That’s how it should work. Instead of Human/Fox she becomes Human/Dog or Dog/Fox.
Option didn't work (I checked) and the srd says "as long as baleful polymorph remains in effect, the target cannot use other polymorph spells or effects to assume a new form. "

skaraher

Cipher
Beat Baphomet, but he hit Nenio with a DC 36 baleful polymorph spell. Reddit/Steam suggestions are just to kill whomever gets tagged by it since it's far easier to resurrect them than it is to beat that spell, but I gave a Seelah the cursed mercy so I just kept laying hands and reloading until I rolled that 10% chance. :cainapproves:
I had the same problem. An easy way out is to yourself cast Baleful Polymorph on Nenio (Camellia has it on her spell list I think, or with scroll) and it will replace Baphomet DC by yours. Should be easier to dispel.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I did that by memorizing Remove Curse in all slots and hoping to get that small chance it works. I also reloaded after casting all memorized spells until it worked.

It was way more irritating in my first run when he did that to my Lich main that was almost solo beating most encounters with OP lich spells and then was forced to spend that fight barking. I do not know of any spells that give you immunity to Baleful Polymorph.

Yosharian

Arcane
This is so weird to me because I beat Baph twice on Unfair (without double crits) (I had to reload because Noct's Gift is stupidly designed) and not once did he use that on me.

Could be something to do with the fact that he died in two turns maybe

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Patch out:

Update 2.1.1g

Hello, crusaders!

An update 2.1.1g is here!

Highlights:
  • The nameless helmet from The Last Sarkorians DLC got its name;
  • AoE spells and items didn't affect the enemies if you rested before the battle for Defender's Heart – fixed;
  • Raven familiars got their models back;
  • After solving the first 4 puzzles during The Secrets of Creation quest, the final puzzle could not be activated – fixed;
  • The chest near Star Rattle was unavailable for looting – fixed;
  • On the saved game preview, a shifter's portrait didn't display if the shifter was transformed – fixed;
  • Spectral Dust now stacks in the inventory.
If you are playing with mods, don’t forget to update them before loading your saves!

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Areas
  • After switching to the Legend path from the Lich path, some characters near Ziggurat ended up hanging in the air – fixed;
  • Fixed some navigational issues in Drezen;
  • Fixed the animation In the scene of the griffon's awakening in Blackwing Library;
  • Fixed the issue of not being able to exit the abandoned building in Drezen when your mythic pet (Aivu or the skeleton) stayed outside;
  • Fixed the navigation in the caves beneath Kenabres;
  • In Gundrun, passing over the bridge in some cases triggered a cutscene that made the player character teleport to one of the river banks – fixed;
  • In The Last Sarkorians DLC, Ulbrig could arrive at Defender's Heart as you were drinking with Seelah and her friends – fixed, he won't crash your party now;
  • The invisible wall on top of the Defenders Heart's roof has been fixed;
  • It was impossible to rest in Gundrun's tavern when the town was besieged by demons – fixed;
  • It was possible to go beyond the edge of the map in the Laughter's Prison – fixed;
  • The player could go beyond the edge of the map in the Lost Chapel location – fixed;
  • The vortex at the Forest of the Forgotten Spirits location did not disappear immediately after killing the mini-boss – fixed;
  • When attacking the spirit bear in the Forest of the Forgotten Spirits location, the player still had the opportunity to desecrate the altars – fixed.
Quests
  • After solving the first 4 puzzles during The Secrets of Creation quest, the final puzzle could not be activated – fixed;
  • Fixed a bug during the final meeting with Areelu when choosing the Trickster or Azata's dialogue options;
  • Fixed the issue with the freezing cutscene, if the spirit catchers were lured to the wolf spirit after its death;
  • In Gundrun, Arysen Krei sometimes gave his quest twice – fixed;
  • When you dispel the invisibility from the Drunkard in Gundrun with Dispel Magic, the quest couldn't be finished – fixed.
Items
  • Darts are now light weapons, not one-handed;
  • Fixed the issues related to additional damage for the items Claws of a Sacred Beast, Helmet of Weakening Torture, Eye for an Eye, Tribal Scout's Hide, Surefire Gloves, and Amulet of Quick Draw – additional damage will be displayed properly in the log now;
  • Fixed the look of the Heavy Shield +3;
  • If the foes were killed by a critical strike, they could be looted from any distance – fixed;
  • The nameless helmet from The Last Sarkorians DLC got its name.
Classes & Mechanics
  • AoE spells and items didn't affect the enemies if you rested before the battle for Defender's Heart – fixed;
  • Bonuses from the weapons now only apply when that weapon is being used. For example, if the character equips a speed dagger and shifts into a dragon, they won't be getting bonuses, because they will fight with claws and teeth;
  • Channel Negative Energy — Heal Undead ability now works correctly;
  • Dragonblood shifter no longer loses their aspect due to alignment shift;
  • During the battle with Hosilla, if Wenduag is hostile, she won't get up again after falling unconscious;
  • Fixed the auto levelling for Lann;
  • Fixed the issues related to additional damage for Sure Footing, Expose Vulnerability, and Divine Anathema – additional damage will be displayed properly in the log now;
  • Magus' weapon attack spell was using weapon multiplier instead of x2 critical multiplier as it should – fixed;
  • Mythic Power was killing allied NPC with a splash attack – fixed;
  • Share Transmutation ability of Brown-Fur Transmuter allowed to cast personal polymorph spells on enemies – fixed;
  • Shifter's level in Wolverine shape wasn’t properly counted for the rage powers bonuses – fixed;
  • The Beneficial curse now works correctly with the Wolf-Scarred Face;
  • The chest near Star Rattle was unavailable for looting – fixed;
  • The damage modifier for natural and unarmed attacks, which replaces the strength bonus with a bonus to dexterity, now only works for melee attacks;
  • The list of mythic Extra Feats did not display all available options – fixed;
  • Tidal Surge dispelled non-fire effects as well – fixed;
  • Ulbrig's base speed was 25 feet instead of 30 – fixed;
  • Vital strike could gain benefits from the charge attack – fixed.
UI
  • Fixed camera control in the photomode during cutscenes;
  • Fixed the icons for the feats gained from the books;
  • For grappled creatures, all ability scores were incorrectly displayed as 0 on inspect – fixed;
  • It was possible to transfer spells from one character to another through the metamagic interface – fixed;
  • Now in the log you can see the dice set, which was used to get the bonus for the charge with Powerful Charge ability;
  • On the saved game preview, a shifter's portrait didn't display if the shifter was transformed – fixed;
  • Some pages were not shown in the encyclopedia correctly – fixed;
  • Spectral Dust now stacks in the inventory;
  • The appearance of text messages over some interactive objects now works correctly when playing with a controller;
  • The Difficulty Class of a Knowledge (world) skill check was not shown in the Houndheart Camp – fixed;
  • The speakers in the dialogue with Soana were mixed up – fixed;
  • Updated the icon for the Treat Affliction ability.
Visual
  • Added new animations to the dialog with Ulbrig;
  • Aivu was so happy that she could float above the ground in the Nexus – fixed;
  • Fixed camera position when entering one of the islands in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC;
  • Fixed fog of war interaction with doors;
  • Fixed some visual effects;
  • Fixed the issue with a pack of demons not being visible in a cut-scene in Drezen in chapter 5;
  • Raven familiars got their models back.
Misс
  • Fixed a bug when mobs spawned in the wrong place on the islands in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC;
  • Fixed the issue when Aivu appeared in the party despite being kidnapped;
  • Fixed the missing text in the dialogue with the Storyteller;
  • In Through the Ashes DLC, the tavern model could turn invisible – fixed;
  • Player characters could go over fences. We forbade them from doing so;
  • Sevalros could rise from the dead to talk to the player – fixed;
  • The crusaders paved the road to the West from Drezen, and now it takes less time to travel when the party uses that road;
  • The Next-Door Theater troupe will not appear in Alushinyrra anymore if you didn't rescue them in Kenabres;
  • The player retained all buffs in flashbacks after gaining mythical powers – fixed;
  • The quest to find the spirit catchers' horses remained active even after the death of the catchers – corrected;
  • When exiting Drezen, Ember's dialogue could sometimes not work correctly or start again when visiting the square – fixed.

Several commenters on Steam say that the Star Rattle loot remains broken... you can loot the chest now, but it contains the glasses that you got on a previous island. Haven't logged in to verify myself.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Patch out:
Several commenters on Steam say that the Star Rattle loot remains broken... you can loot the chest now, but it contains the glasses that you got on a previous island. Haven't logged in to verify myself.
If you've already been to the location, then the patch won't work. If you weren't, the loot should be dropping correctly

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom